• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Murali winning the battle (against his critics) (1 Viewer)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Gah,

Why don't all these cunting Murali threads die!? We just had one which went on for page after page of the same shite, and this'll be exactly the same.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
max said:
Malik, who made his highest Test score of 237 against Warne at Rawalpindi in 1994-95, rated him below Muttiah Muralitharan. "I think Sri Lanka's Muralitharan is a better bowler because he comes good even when a pitch doesn't suit spin bowling. Because I had trained with Pakistan's great legspinner Abdul Qadir I had no problems against Warne. I used to play him with ease."

© Cricinfo

Interesting words from the man with a life-time ban.
Anyone have any comments?

It's only one man's opinion, and his dislike after being testified against by Warnie at the match-fixing enquiry may have something to do with it.

As for Malik, he'll prolly get his ban overturned after the precedent was set by another guy in a similar position Atar-ur-Rehman had his reversed, and he'll probably set up his own academy from what I read in the papers. Match-fixer or not, his expertise could help younger Paki batsmen develop some sort of technique and help them with their mental resolve.

ramanij

Firstly Murali is a better bowler then Warne everyone knows it and further stats prove it and he is not a chucker how on earth does a bloody umpire know if his hand has exceeded 15 degrees or not he should be watching where the ball pitches not Murali's hand as Arjuna Ranatunga puts it "abuse".Secondly it has been proven that all bowlers throw "chuck" wateva.Murali will clearly go one to take 800+ wickets and no one cna stop that and its a shame no one looks at Warnes ethics he smokes (sets a great example to younder kids), mathc fixes with mark waugh (why he ddint get a life time ban I still cant understand),rings up nurses and verbally abuses em(happened in england i think) Murali is clearly better on the field as well as off the field.The likes of Tendulkar and Murali keep cricekt alive with there Humble nature unlike Lara and Warne

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
ramanij said:
Firstly Murali is a better bowler then Warne everyone knows it and further stats prove it and he is not a chucker how on earth does a bloody umpire know if his hand has exceeded 15 degrees or not he should be watching where the ball pitches not Murali's hand as Arjuna Ranatunga puts it "abuse".Secondly it has been proven that all bowlers throw "chuck" wateva.Murali will clearly go one to take 800+ wickets and no one cna stop that and its a shame no one looks at Warnes ethics he smokes (sets a great example to younder kids), mathc fixes with mark waugh (why he ddint get a life time ban I still cant understand),rings up nurses and verbally abuses em(happened in england i think) Murali is clearly better on the field as well as off the field.The likes of Tendulkar and Murali keep cricekt alive with there Humble nature unlike Lara and Warne
Ramanij, yes it's good to have some patriotic pride but just stick to facts rather than emotion. No, Warne and Mark Waugh did not match fix, lets get this straight.
In regards to cricketing onfield/off field temperament, it's flamboyancy and miscellaniety that brings spectators through the gate. Warne's sometimes controversial and albeit entertaining persona has made his name and face popular everywhere he goes, winning cricket more fans. Being humble is only going to satisfy the cricket purists, which I assure you are a dying breed in the current atmosphere of the game.
Yes, Murali will end up getting 800+ wickets, but to say humility is what keeps the game alive is downright absurd.

budj

HSC
Yeah i can see both view points here. Warnie's flamboyancy surely does in over cricketing crowds, not just in Australia. And your right, you do need that extra firey edge o get cricket lit up again, but with that you should not enocurage youngsters to act like Warnie. THere are better ways to get into the game (like the 20 20 mathces).

But then again, speaking from a mainstream point of view...you get excited when you know your dealing with something drammatic. Warney is drammatic.

But murali is the better bowler

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
well if i had a choice between murali and warney to take wickets, i'd go murali because he's near impossible to play. but that still doesnt mean i think he's legit.

i think kiddies are smart enough to know you shouldn't steal other kids' bags or ring up nurses from derbyshire. we're all human, you know.

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
I'd love to face murali in the nets, to experience first hand the difficulty of playing his action.
I suspect I would be disconcerted by his flailing arms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)