Votes: 32 60.4%
  • Rape

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • They are both equally bad

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters

musik_junky

HSC
Something my friend said got me thinking: which is worse - murder or rape?

musik_junky

HSC
brogan77 said:
w3ll i wunda wich won haz a LoNg3R mAxEmUm priz0n s3nt3ns3
well if u look at how long dat Muslim gang rapist got (intially close to 60 years?!?!) and then look at how long murderers get...

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
I don't think the issue was that they were Muslim, it was the way it was committed and I believe they all deserved it, disgusting animals.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i think it depends

in a way i think a long, drawn out and turtuous rape is certainly subjectively worse than a quick and painless murder, purley for the fact that the victim has to live with the trauma etc. for the rest of your life.

it's like how i imagine some torture is worse than death.

but it's a completley subjective thing really, depending on the cirumstances etc. no definitive answer

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
for the family of the victim, murder would obviously be alot worse.

but for the actual victim...i dunno, but i think i would prefer to get murdered nice and fast than have someone perform their sexual pervsions all over me for several hours straight while tied/pinned down and unable to do anything about it. it would take years, if not decades to get over it, you would probably feel disgusted with yourself, have prejudices/fear of approximately the entire male population of the world, any sexual urges you ever get will probably remind you of it, having a sexual partner will probably take years to be comfortable with.....

honestly for people who are going "duh, murder is worse cause like you die" i dont think they are comprehending the effects that crime can have on a person.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Provided the rape doesn't end in murder there should still exist the opportunity for the individual to keep living their life (as best as they can manage given the circumstances) and to have pleasurable / worthwhile experiences. In the case of murder there is no such option. That's it... nada... show's over. In the case of a teenager, for example, I should think that having a chance at reclaiming pleasure in life is better than being denied your existence alltogether. In the case of an elderly person who has already had a fulfilling life (or otherwise) I would say that the least painful/tortuous option would be preferable - especially since, by that point with little life remaining, a quick painless death is probably preferable to a perverted and drawn out rape. As townie pointed out, there's no definitive answer. The question is very much dependent on the circumstances given the subjective nature of experiences (e.g. of pain etc.) and the fact that rape and murder can each be performed in a great number of ways, with differing degrees of severity.

Last edited:

MikiRei

HSC
I say both - they're just as bad.

Murder - well, you've ended someone's life and they probably still want to live and you rob them of that. Not to mention, family of the murdered person will forever be in grief and agony for having their loved ones taken away from them in the most unnatural way. So here, you're ending one person's life and causing eternal misery to others.

Rape - this one is causing extreme trauma, emotional distress and misery to the victim for the rest of his/her life. At the same time, you cause misery to the people around them as well. The fundamental difference between them I guess, for rape, at least the victim have a chance to walk out of the misery you've caused them (but hey - some of them don't. They're forever traumatised for the rest of their lives) whereas the murdered victim have his/her chance severed - forever.

On the other hand, causing misery for someone to deal with for the rest of their life is at times, worse than death. So on this note, I say it balances out and yes - they're both just as bad.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
1. You can't use the "misery for the rest of their life argument" because suicide's always an option.
2. I can't believe people are actually taking this thread seriously :S

MikiRei

HSC
1. You can't use the "misery for the rest of their life argument" because suicide's always an option.
Well, tormenting someone to the point that they start getting suicidal is pretty bad too - anyways, if that were to happen, then it means the rapist indirectly murdered the victim.

2. I can't believe people are actually taking this thread seriously :S
Lol - it's called boredom - or rather, procrastination

BlackDragon

HSC
in some cases rape may be or terrifying or traumatising for the victim (as they are still alive) but vs. removing someone's life? taking away someone's ability to live is worse.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Murder is worse than rape in all circumstances where the victim is not killed imho... even the most depressed rape victims still (I'm sure) get to spend time with their family, laugh at movies, go out with friends etc with what's left of their life. If someone takes away your life you lose everything you ever had.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Yeah ok we get the point Bilal Skaf was a victim of a merciless judge and the entire fucking judicial system in this country is corrupt because a rapist got 55 years for a crime that he wasn't responsible for and some murderers get less than that and we don't even chop their hands off or whip them

delete thread plz

Chiisora

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Rape: You have to live with it for life and might be emotionally unstable afterwards...

Murder: You have no chance to live. Of course, if it's painful it's worse than if it weren't.

So I guess neither is actually better than the other...

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
What the hell?

I'd rather have a horrible experience and have a difficult time processing it in therapy than be dead forever. This life is all I've got, so I'd rather have a bad time and get through it than end it.

BlackDragon

HSC
this is the sub forum where this kind of stuff tends to go. isn't the does god exist thread in this forum?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)