Music 1 Exam Thoughts... (1 Viewer)

Dr_Doom

HSC
I perticularly hated the first question where it asks you to describe sound sources but it's like 90% electric sounds!

Also the rest of the questions really pissed me off.. Thank God no more music concepts ! EVER!

oz_rocker

Todd Heslin
HSC
Re: Thoughts...

Yeah i found that one shit easy because there was bugger all to talk about, so i guess if u mention everything its an easy 6 marks. last question was a funky song and wrote heaps but dunno if it was relivant. the middle two fair sucked and i didnt write much....but you got it right - no more music concepts yeeeewwww!!

Shoeless

HSC

god bless james morrison.....he makes sittin them exams worthwhile.

oz_rocker

Todd Heslin
HSC

Shoeless said:
god bless james morrison.....he makes sittin them exams worthwhile.

ohhh god yes! i couldnt write about the song because i was gettin into it. it was a trumpet right? my mates wrote saxamaphone but i guess it doesnt matter as they didnt ask about PM.

Dr_Doom

HSC

oz_rocker said:
ohhh god yes! i couldnt write about the song because i was gettin into it. it was a trumpet right? my mates wrote saxamaphone but i guess it doesnt matter as they didnt ask about PM.
Yeah I know! I crossed out trumpet and wrote saxaphone! :burn:

JhK89

HSC

woooooo i wrote trumpet ;)

and ahhh the third question.. actually for all questions i onli wrote about a page... i think im gonna get a band 4 :( i wanted band :O

Dr_Doom

HSC

I wrote full pages for all the questions. But if you read it, it doesn't make ANY sense. I just figured if I keep writing I'll eventually get something write. :\

Eg. In the intro the tone colour starts of with instruments that play the music which creates variety.

agui01

HSC

Wow, I can't believe most of you liked 'You are my sunshine'. I couldnt write enough for the 8 marks. Much like Question one where there was limtied sound scources.
Oh well, now we can listen to music without bloody analysing it!

kezz_xxxx

HSC

Question 1 was insanely annoying. The damn song has been stuck in my head ever since :|
I didn't like Question 2 much..........the one with the full orchestra and the question about texture. I felt that there was too much to right and the excerpt was too long to concentrate on it all.

Other than that I think it was ok. I filled up every page and drew pictures and stuff in the margins etc.

Oh, did anyone use their manuscript paper?

bonnie04

HSC

eeek the paper seemed harder this year than usual for some reason... hmmm...

by the way, does anyone remember the name of the quartet that sting did that song "until" with? it was question 3 i think? im trying to download it but i cant find it, only the original :(

smely

HSC

agui01 said:
Wow, I can't believe most of you liked 'You are my sunshine'. I couldnt write enough for the 8 marks. Much like Question one where there was limtied sound scources.
Oh well, now we can listen to music without bloody analysing it!

Yeah! my friends and i also had that problem with the last question! it was so stupid! and the first questions was rediulous! it was all stupid effects! and i couldnt stand that damn question that talked about the melody in relation to the accompaniment.. u know what.. the whole thing was just stupid.. but there have been harder ones..

footychic3

HSC

that question about duration was crap, i didn't really know what to write so i just kinda rambled on...and the last one about expressive techniques...i hope i did ok

bri.mal

HSC

Wow firstly how slow is this website today?? how many people are in your music class we have 8... I thought the the first question was too easy as an after thought but in the exam i didnt write much because i got confused. Synthesised drums there wasnt a real drum beat? but then there was how do u describe that lol.. haha no analysing it now im glad its over. But i liked the last question and only one person in our class used manuscript.

psychochondriac

HSC

i thought it was pretty lame.

like everyone said the 1st question was shit... i don't know much about distortion pedals and synthesizers and stuff so i had no idea if what i was writing was rightt.

2nd question about the orchestra i hated, but i hate questions where you have to listen to an orchestra because i find it really hard to pick out individual strands and stuff.

3rd question... that was a really cool song! i think it was the brodsky quartet to that person who asked, tried to download it off limewire and couldn't find it. umm but yeah that question about melody to accompaniment was a bit weird and not the sort of thing they normally ask.

4th question was great! i play the trumpet so it was really easy to talk about the expressive techniques he was using and the type of mute it was and stuff.

overall pretty bad... :(

Farmerism

HSC

i thought the test was okay.. kinda out of the blue though cuz i would have expected somethign ethnical or more orchestral stuff but instead they had addicted to bass ..like....what the fuck..

and i loved the last one!!! the guitar and the fact that you ONLY had to talk about dynamics and expressive techniques was shit easy i mean those concepts are better than duration or pitch.. but fucken hell!! it friggen rained while we were listening to the last question and since we were in a demountable that has a tin roof, it fucken muffled everything, it was so annoying, but the examiner made note of it so maybe they'll give us extra marks? haha god i hope so

kezz_xxxx

HSC

Er. Yeh. I had trouble with the expressive techniques bit. Don't know a whole lot about trumpets really. So that kind of screwed me up a bit.
I thought it was a more difficult paper compared to previous years.

JhK89

HSC

psychochondriac said:
i thought it was pretty lame.

like everyone said the 1st question was shit... i don't know much about distortion pedals and synthesizers and stuff so i had no idea if what i was writing was rightt.

2nd question about the orchestra i hated, but i hate questions where you have to listen to an orchestra because i find it really hard to pick out individual strands and stuff.

3rd question... that was a really cool song! i think it was the brodsky quartet to that person who asked, tried to download it off limewire and couldn't find it. umm but yeah that question about melody to accompaniment was a bit weird and not the sort of thing they normally ask.

4th question was great! i play the trumpet so it was really easy to talk about the expressive techniques he was using and the type of mute it was and stuff.

overall pretty bad... :(
synths?

o crap..

smely

HSC

we have 14 in our class.. and i dont think anyone used the manuscript...wait.. maybe someone did *confused*... im not sure...

Dr_Doom

HSC

We have 8,

I used the manuscript. But it was just a random bunch of notes that made no sense. I just did it in the hope for a few extra marks :D

silent_albert

HSC

q4 was awesome! james morrison is an awesome trumpet player and the question really suited the piece....

question one was hard because theres only so much u can say about synthesisers, and the question about the relationship between melody and accompaniment was unlike anything the past papers hav had....

i wonder why its so different?

:wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)