Music 1 Exam Thoughts... (1 Viewer)

piggy88

HSC
pitch is describing the relationship between melody and accompaniment in the syllabus you are supposed to examine melodic pitch and harmonic pitch, which is yeah, melody and accompaniment.
i wrote down free rhythm for the intro in qu 3 so lets hope it was!

greench

HSC
that bloody exam was sooo damn hard that it was bloody unreasonable!! what type of question is "comment of the sound sources"????? i mean if you're just gona talk about them how much can you bloody write?
stupid thing!!

nessyfreak

HSC
there were hardly any exp techs in the last piece!!!! the trumpet did some but the others didnt.... did they???? the drums were just completely normal. it felt so weird having hardly anything to write, i hope im not the only one...

diesel815

HSC
Did you consider mentioning the fact that the drummer was using brushes? Everything affects the expressive techniques.

davidsnowie

HSC
question was was a gun. tone colour is easy.
question two was a bastard... i thought there was too much to listen to.
question three was pretty good.
question four was also a gun. jazz is good for analysis. especially when they ask about duration.

scoobydoo

HSC
there were a lot of expressive techniques used in teh last piece
in the trumpet alone
fortepiano, rubato, slides, crescendos etc
although i'm sure you weren't the only one who couldn't do it

pzella

PzELLa
HSC
im starting to think... wat if they just reworded it... so melody and accomp just meant pitch and roles of sound just meant tone colour ?creap i wrote about all 6 concepts....

Dr_Doom

HSC
greench said:
that bloody exam was sooo damn hard that it was bloody unreasonable!! what type of question is "comment of the sound sources"????? i mean if you're just gona talk about them how much can you bloody write?
stupid thing!!
Yeah I thought it was comment on the sound sources, but I read it again and then it said comment on the roles of sound sources... And I had just written all the sound sources, not their roles................... :|

Dr_Doom

HSC
pzellanet said:
im starting to think... wat if they just reworded it... so melody and accomp just meant pitch and roles of sound just meant tone colour ?creap i wrote about all 6 concepts....
With that melody and accompaniment I couldn't think of anything to write so I just wrote about pitch.

Same with the sound sources one. I just wrote about tone colour.

pzella

PzELLa
HSC
i wrote about 6 concepts and then at the end for q 1 i worte a little point next to it i.e melodic role, harmonic role etc.... maybe i didnt do bad... im in the middle of how bad it could be
the worst id ever gotten was a 22 so hopefully i cant get worse !!!!

the more i think on it the more i feel like saying 'stupid stupid !!"

adzor

HSC
I dunno you people are stressing out a lot.

I actually really liked the paper, and i didnt find it that much different to the normal format. That first question kinda worried me but the rest were ok, and i absolutely loved the last question i was singing it for the rest of the day. I almost ran home to download it lol loooooved it.

Anyways everyone hope youre enjoying the experience while you can lol we never have to do this kind of thing again!!!... (unless you repeat...)

Good luck with the rest of them cya!

About3

Jess Clarke
HSC
Well as for numbers in my music class......i think its 20ish.
I thought the paper was pretty easy... all the questions, except perhaps the first, had enough to write about to fill up the space provided.
Anyone pick up the polyphone counter-melody the Sting piece on 1st violin......playing triplets over the quavers? or was that just me....
Yeah looking foward to BullSh!tting through another 2 hours of english on monday..
Good luck to all

Dr_Doom

HSC
Yeah I think at one instance I said it was polyphonic, then in another sentence I said heterophonic just incase I was wrong :p

butterflyxx

HSC
Re: Thoughts...

Farmerism said:
i thought the test was okay.. kinda out of the blue though cuz i would have expected somethign ethnical or more orchestral stuff but instead they had addicted to bass ..like....what the fuck..

and i loved the last one!!! the guitar and the fact that you ONLY had to talk about dynamics and expressive techniques was shit easy i mean those concepts are better than duration or pitch.. but fucken hell!! it friggen rained while we were listening to the last question and since we were in a demountable that has a tin roof, it fucken muffled everything, it was so annoying, but the examiner made note of it so maybe they'll give us extra marks? haha god i hope so
Are you in my class?! lol that's what exactly happened to me! haha

thrifty

HSC
mm dunno bout the rest of you but i rather liked it. as far as exams go anyway.

bit of a bitch to be after english. my hand was dead. actually my whole arm was dead. but still.

i loved that james morrison piece. that was brilliant. n the until song was originally gonna be one of my HSC pieces. it was a different version tho.

TOTALLY ADDICTED TO BASS. our whole class was singing it after. hard to concentrate when ur bopping around. lol. i love watching others in music exams. ppl r conducting with pens n tapping theyre feet n hands. n bopping. haha.

thrifty

HSC
scoobydoo said:
there were a lot of expressive techniques used in teh last piece
in the trumpet alone
fortepiano, rubato, slides, crescendos etc
although i'm sure you weren't the only one who couldn't do it
agreed. personally, i loved it. lots of portomento n stuff.

shellegg

HSC
well i really liked the exam!
the only thing i thought was there wasnt enough room to write everything

i have to say that there was one student who answered the wrong question to the 3rd excerpt!

she relised after the exam so pretty much answered the question in terms of differnt concepts!
everyone who did the right question...well i think we are all safe!

thrifty

HSC
shellegg said:
well i really liked the exam!
the only thing i thought was there wasnt enough room to write everything

i have to say that there was one student who answered the wrong question to the 3rd excerpt!

she relised after the exam so pretty much answered the question in terms of differnt concepts!
everyone who did the right question...well i think we are all safe!
er michelle get off the internet n go study :p

yeah i feel sorry for her.. i woulda cried if i did that. i still cant get addicted to bass outta my head.

cant believe philly wasnt there for our hsc. who does she think she :p lol. how dare she go on a honeymoon.

ah well. its over. finally. wooooooooooo.

shellegg

HSC
thrifty said:
cant believe philly wasnt there for our hsc. who does she think she :p lol. how dare she go on a honeymoon.
quote]

to everyone who doesnt no...philly is by far the worst music teacher in all history!:burn:

If my music class does really well its because we have great self teaching skills because she has had nothing to do with us for 2 yrs...even claims encore nominations as her own!

but music is now ova and we never have to waste our time in her class ever again!:)

silent_albert

HSC
hey coz sting was accompanied by the brodsky quartet it can be assumed that it is a regual string quartet, ie made up of violin and viola, cello and double bass (or i think sometimes the viola can be a second violin)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)