Music 1 (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your thoughts here

_Arsenal_

HSC
Pretty good. I think I named a few instruments wrong (correct family) but I correctly labelled and described what they were doing/etc, so besides from not getting a few marks for that, should get 23-26/30.

jamesovers

HSC
Does anyone remember what the pieces were all called? Trying to find them on the net so I can find out how much I got wrong in the exam.... :p

VirtyDear

HSC
Is anyone else pissed off that we didn't get manuscript?
Or was it just my school which didn't receive it :s I reckon i lost a few marks from not having it to be honest.

_Arsenal_

HSC
Is anyone else pissed off that we didn't get manuscript?
Or was it just my school which didn't receive it :s I reckon i lost a few marks from not having it to be honest.
You had to request it. No one in my class asked for it - in all honesty, you didn't need it. Unless you did rhythmic dictation.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Loved the piece from drumline.

I did a double-take when I read "contrast and unity" for q4, but it made sense once the piece was played.

VirtyDear

HSC
You had to request it. No one in my class asked for it - in all honesty, you didn't need it. Unless you did rhythmic dictation.
I did request it as did another student, however we were not provided with it.

Chrasity

HSC
It was pretty easy! Until that drum piece... Dafaq? Expecting about 24 for this one. The drumline piece really screwed me up. TOO MUCH SYNCOPATION!?!

chloeamccormick

HSC
Re: if I'm first ranked in a course... will i get the first hsc mark?

does anyone remember what the song from the 2nd question was called?? or who it was by??

jkamazing

HSC
That drum piece completely overwhelmed me. AND I FORGOT SYNCOPATION, HOW COULD I? :(

CommunityFan

HSC
syncopation and build up anticipation stuff :p Its the obvious thing u must mentioned, locating it is the hardest....

I would say It was ok :p not too bad, but definitely overall harder than the past 5 years i say

hellohelicopter

HSC
N/A
Not saying I aced it or anything but must agree that the extracts this year were a complete joy to listen to and analyse! Even the crazy drumming one which caught me off guard a bit--the question suited the extract provided :)

Also, when I saw the box for no. of manuscript booklets used or whatever, I was also surprised...was never told about that before. Not that I would need it, to be honest hahah.

SookyTurner

HSC
We didnt get manuscript either, even when we requested it. The exam was pretty good I thought, nice open ended questions

queenkeira

HSC
I liked the first one...I found the last one hard...Unity and Contrast...ahh..doomed.
Unity and Contrast I love! It's sort of opinion based to some extent I suppose which is probably why I liked it and not the first question which was specific of one concept.
In unity and contrast I always just think of all the concepts and what you can hear. The repetition creates familiarity which creates unity. Contrast is then created with a variation on the repetition. The contract also can comes from the different sections in the structure. Section A has a thick texture with such and such performing media, contrasting with section B which has a thin texture with such and such performing media. This contrast flows smoothly and creates interest, subsequently causing unity. Any harmonies or accompaniments on the main melody creates contrast but also unity because of the harmonious quality etc etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)