Music 2 - How Did You Go??!! (1 Viewer)

lala2

Banned
HSC
It was not as hard as I expected it to be...the rset of the class and my teacher said so. Was anyone's teacher on hand in case the recording failed? Mine was, so he was in the exam room, sitting there, watching us attempting the paper. The essay question was good, except that I only prepared one core piece majorly, and the second was a last minute thing, so I wrote everything on the first piece, and a tiny paragraph on the second, and it was time to finish!

I was shocked that the melody dictation was actually doable this time round, usually I get about 2/8 for it, but I'm hoping I get at least more than 3/5.

Captain pi

HSC
lala2 said:
It was not as hard as I expected it to be...the rset of the class and my teacher said so. Was anyone's teacher on hand in case the recording failed?
Dodgy. I don't think teachers are meant to be in the exam room. Also, why would he need to be there "in case the recording failed"? If there had been a problem, the presiding officer would have asked for help.

Dodgy – but I'm not complaining. :)

floyd_pepper

HSC
i thought it was DEFINATELY the hardest Mu2 exam ive seen... that tonality question was a bitch! also didnt you feel that all the pieces were a bit down?
geez 3.00pm is a terrible time to have an exam i reckon- my brain was gaga

i agree that Q4 was a good question tho!

oh well whatcha gonna do. only 35% eh?

bernz

Hungry. Feed me.
HSC
After weeks and weeks of stretched HSC music submissions, performance and exams, it's finally over! GAH! *release*

The melodic dictation, in fact, the whole Sabin was so gorgeous! I'm going to go and find a recording of the piece... What was it called again, Resting Point?

soulshine

HSC
bernz said:
The melodic dictation, in fact, the whole Sabin was so gorgeous! I'm going to go and find a recording of the piece...

as am i! ahhhh *melts*

dombat

Whoops!

Our teacher told us we had to only learn 1 mandatory piece because we changed teachers really late in the year and the new one didn't know the course. Our whole class (all two of us) were a bit annoyed but luckally had learnt 2 each though i couldn't remember the composer of one they were Powerhouse by Graeme Koehne (thank god i never have to listen to that again) and Alien Moon for Koto by i dunno

Meli_the_Pink

Pretty in Pink
HSC
I thought that paper was a blessing. Someone b4 mentioned something about it not being like the 2003 paper - yeah thank God! I did that one the day before and felt very discouraged! But I did think our paper was good. And although I'm not great at melody dictation (and would much prefer transposition as its something I'm used to doing with my church music group changing keys on me at the last minute) I though the one they gave us was the best I'd seen. Slow! Joy for slowness!...Yes I am procrastinating when I should be studying for Modern History...*sigh* 4 exams and 5 external projects/performances down, 3 exams to go!!!

Good luck to the rest of you who still have exams left and congrats to those of you who are lucky enough to be finished!

sicarphime

describe the use of silence and expressive techniques
i mean wth.... i mean shouldnt they ask "describe hot eh composer uses silence and expressive techniques to convey "resting point" or sth?

its just ridiculous T.T

describe the relationship between the instruments
thats just T__________________T

i see no "concepts" in that.

but yea....the essay wasnt bad so lets hope everyone gets their marks in their essays =)

hyper_crazy

HSC
i thought it was a simple exam. Very straightfoward and exactly what i expected which was nice! The essay was EASY and the questions were fine!! (yes including the tonality one... if u do music u should be able to answer that.) the only hard part was the melody dication due to the fact that it was slow and dragged a little. the beat wasn't strict and so it was difficult to work out the proper rhythm.

Anyway.. wishing everyone luck in the rest of their exams!

steamroller60

Yay for no school
HSC
msucio

nigel sabin's the name of the guy. one of the girls in my class actually played that piece as her Aussie piece. except she plays viola and can't read/write treble clef so she couldn't do it! ;|

the melodic dictation was hard (for me)
overall tho the paper was easy. i'm pretty sure i didn't actually answer the question for the essay....but i just waffled. oh well.

how many of you people are going on to do music at (eg) the con?

freppy

HSC
ok, ok ok...
this years music 2 paper... i think....
was perhaps the most annoying yet!

question 1 was fairly straightforward i guess...
question 2 was very annoying.. i got all the rhythm, but only half the melody, and i drew basic melody lines instead.. i think it was too jumpy in pitch!

question 3 was once again, fairly straightforward.. ish.. i think the questions were slightly annoying..

questino 4... now.. where do i begin...
question 4, they basically asked us "how was pitch used? relate to 3 pieces from mandatory topic."
now, is this the first year they hav ever asked us for 3 peices from our mandatory topic? i.e. 3 pieces that we hav2 study and find quotes from...?
well, i was lucky because i had analysed pitch for all three of my peices.. but a friend of mine didnt study pitch as much in all of his 3 pieces..

plus the thing was that there wasnt any type of 'quote' thingy.. it was a basic, quetsion... kinda like the music 1 style questinos, except that ours was more like the english style essays in that we had to relate to three peices we studid...

Ok, i think that i may not get a really good mark, but i will hopefully get an.. ok mark..
im more reluying on my musicology essay, comp, and performances i guess!

What did anyone else think of the paper this year???

CHEERIO

mis0705

Not a new member
HSC
oh, question 4, I only prepared 2 mandatory pieces so I had to use one of the pieces they played for us as my 3rd one.
But the question is pretty good, I think, you can write anything about pitch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)