Music 2 Scaling?? (1 Viewer)

vantastic

HSC
i do music 2 and im 1/6. my trial marks were pretty shit, only like 73, but my externals and stuff have been pretty awesome. anyone know how the scaling is for this subject? or what my hsc mark could be?

kyokaku92

HSC
Not sure about your HSC mark (band 4-5?) but I can say Music 2 has better scaling than science and ecos (about 33-34)

vantastic

HSC
as in the avg for scaling is 25, and the scaleing for the sciences is 33-35??

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Seeing as you were ranked 1st internally, you will get the highest HSC external mark as your internal. This is averaged with your own HSC external mark and you'll get your overall HSC subject mark.

The HSC subject mark is then scaled based on the strength of your subject (Music 2's)) cohort. Music 2 has pretty good scaling, but no it does not usually scale better than all sciences. Don't talk about scaling unless you actually know what you're on about.... Oh and when i mean sciences scale better, i mean sciences like physics scale better than music to for the same aligned mark, not the scaled mark for the percentile.

As you said you believe you did extremely well in your actual HSC exam, you'll most likely end up with a very good overall subject mark and so scaling will be very good anyway :)

Last edited:

kyokaku92

HSC
Not really, I'm very sure Music 2 scales better than the sciences (it's always around 33-34 whereas chem is around 31, this is out of 50 btw 1 unit) .... usually because the cohort is stronger. I wouldn't worry about scaling though, music isn't too difficult to master if you've been doing it for a long time

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Not really, I'm very sure Music 2 scales better than the sciences (it's always around 33-34 whereas chem is around 31, this is out of 50 btw 1 unit) .... usually because the cohort is stronger. I wouldn't worry about scaling though, music isn't too difficult to master if you've been doing it for a long time
Stop talking about average scaling. I'm sure the OP would be aiming to be anywhere else than the bottom percentile, where music 2 would scale better than all the sciences.

But yes, music does scale better than sciences aside from chem and physics.

But yeah, scaling doesn't really matter if you do well :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)