Music 2 (1 Viewer)

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
really? I have 7 in my cohort, they all found it easy.
Maybe your cohort was basing their decision on question 1 as it was different (the 5ths question was also weird, haven't seen one before so don't know how i went)
Yeah that 5ths question was a little dodgy.

But no, they were definitely talking about the paper as whole. I have 7 in my class as well, but most of them are more performance orientated. But the better ones generally get mid to high 20s in theory exams so it's not like they're hopeless.

Twiinkless

HSC
also, is the exam 40% or 35% of the hsc result for music?
It's 35, performance is 20, composition is 15 and elective is 30.
I found it alright, I'm the only one at my school studying music 2 so I have no one to really compare to. I wasn't too fond of the question on tension, but I found aural notation easier than normal and the extended response was pretty great. What pieces from the mandatory topic did people use for question 4?

madharris

HSC
N/A
I found it alright, I'm the only one at my school studying music 2 so I have no one to really compare to. I wasn't too fond of the question on tension, but I found aural notation easier than normal and the extended response was pretty great. What pieces from the mandatory topic did people use for question 4?
I used clocks by Elena Kats-Chernin
However, I prepared Ulpirra by Ross Edwards and Nura by Stephen leek as well (too bad they didn't ask for 2 :) )

HSC
Hahhahaha I used Locomotive Music by Robert Constable

mikaa

HSC
ugh i hated the melodic dictation sooo much! lucky for oboe players though... :L

madharris

HSC
N/A
ugh i hated the melodic dictation sooo much! lucky for oboe players though... :L
I wish they used transposing instruments for melody dictations so it's harder for people with perfect pitch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)