Music-jazz/blues (1 Viewer)

PiRo

hey ppl... i know none of u listen to jazz and blues and that type of music but theres a song called SWAY.....there's heaps of ppl that have done it and theres different versions including dance ones by SHAFT im just wondering if any of u know who did the first 1?

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by PiRo
hey ppl... i know none of u listen to jazz and blues and that type of music but theres a song called SWAY.....there's heaps of ppl that have done it and theres different versions including dance ones by SHAFT im just wondering if any of u know who did the first 1?
The original (or at least the one i have) is Dean Martin's Sway. I also love that song so was very quick to download both versions a few years ago when Shaft's version was released. Martin's version is really quite different tho.

PiRo

Re: Re: Music-jazz/blues

Originally posted by timmii

The original (or at least the one i have) is Dean Martin's Sway. I also love that song so was very quick to download both versions a few years ago when Shaft's version was released. Martin's version is really quite different tho.
i already have that both versions....alson with bout 4 more......just wanted to know who did the first1.....its so cool....
u listen to much of that type of music??? u know any more songs like that?

EDIT: the version by Julie London sounds really good.... u should dl that:D

Last edited:

timmii

sporadic attendee
I listen to lots of types of music, but I also really love the old stuff, swing, jazz etc....don't know much of it though.

Shaft did a remake of another song "mambo italiano", their version and rosemary clooney's version are pretty good. Other good Dean Martin songs include "two to tango" and "besame mucho" (which has been covered by almost everyone incl. beatles)

I also like the old broadway musicals. You could try "hey big spender" (from sweet charity) or "perhaps, perhaps, perhaps" (i think by doris day)...thats all off the top of my head. If you like that i can check my cd's and dl list for more :)

bex

HSC
I love those 2 songs by shaft! where did they disappear to i wonder? I think im in love with Frank Sinatra..... damn his voice is amazing!

timmii

sporadic attendee
Bex, I also love frank sinatra...I've really got into his movies this year aswell as i sought to distract myself on sunday arvos with old films :p He's got an unbelievable voice and I think he was pretty cute (when he was young)....also he just oozes charisma (my fave attribute in a guy) - the whole rat pack, mafia, president kennedy, hollywood thing..... *sigh*

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
i know none of u listen to jazz and blues
Not true. If you want more crooner classics, go for what timmii has suggested and check out some old style musicals.

Tony Bennett is another good one to go along with Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
If your after Jazz thats easy to get into, look for Crossover, or Smooth Jazz. E.g.
Boney James
Kenny G
Chuck Loeb

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Nothing wrong with elevator music. Actually, I'm a big fan of the stuff. It's great chillout music.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)