Music Suggestions - Core Comp and Major Comp (2o11 since 2010 ones corrupted) (1 Viewer)

kBOS

HSC
N/A
sorry everyone to start a new thread but the 2010 and previous ones are all corrupted... so I thought I'd start this one again since it's a popular one.
Where are people at with their music choices? I've got a list of music I could use for my core composition, but haven't decided yet. I better get a move on, yes?? :S

HSC
Uni Grad
I've chosen my music for both core and major, I think it's important to get this done early but most people in my class are in your position.

kBOS

HSC
N/A
yay hi-5!
Since I posted that first post, I've chosen my music and concept intent :)
and with the ATAR stuff.... wouldn't 50.00 be average? Cause that's the rank you get if you're right on average out of everyone... i.e. what most people get. sorry if im wrong just confused :p so even someone who gets 55.00 is an above average student (or performed like that in their HSC).
maybe im a noob. it does sound strange for 50.00 to be average when all people talk about is like 80+
and also, you forgot to mention dance in your signature? ...does that mean you do 13 units?! :O

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
50 isn't the average because the mark isn't taken from the number of students sitting the HSC. It's taken from an earlier number of students (school certificate I believe). This raises the average mark.

HSC
Uni Grad
^^

Actually, it's taken from the Year 7 cohort IIRC.

Not everyone in Year 7 will go on to finish the HSC, they may have dropped out in Year 10, died or got into drugs and became a prostitute etc.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Actually, it's taken from the Year 7 cohort IIRC.

Not everyone in Year 7 will go on to finish the HSC, they may have dropped out in Year 10, died or got into drugs and became a prostitute etc.
That's what I thought originally as well. Guess I've gotten mixed up over the years. =)

crazysexycool

HSC
Nope just picked something a ~unique song choice~ and gonna make the moves up a fortnight before.

kBOS

HSC
N/A
ahhh ok. hmmm thats just what all our teachers have been telling us, 50.00 is average, because if you're getting average marks, you're sitting in the middle of the ranks. but i see where you're all coming from, the average could be somewhere else than the middle.
I'm screwed for comp too. I'm just so clueless cause I've never done anything like it before. Not in a technical way, just improv.
Had my music all sorted into phrases and edited etc. and then today I heard this song which would be awesome instead. BUT i think I'll stick to my other one cause the feel of each are totally different and I'd have to change the direction its heading + motifs. Our class has been doing core comp all term so I've only got 30 seconds of chorey so far. I'm trying to do it in my own time as much as possible, but it's hard to find the time...
I really feel like we're behind other schools and we're screwed!

kBOS

HSC
N/A
I'll like your song. It's quirky and dynamic :) do you have a concept/intent?

kBOS

HSC
N/A
wondering how people are going now with teacher their dancers - everyone done? and has anyone done Core Comp trials yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)