Music while studying/summarising (1 Viewer)

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
I play music on the comp speakers. If I shove the earphones into my ear, I get distracted. Speakers work for me tho, dunno why o.o;

s2caz

just smile.
HSC
ughh~~ i listen to music while i study to keep out noises..
but then sometimes i just get distracted by that too.
only because i cant seem to study at home at all..
so library everyday >.<;;
but then there's so many others trying to study..
with their friends.. talking, laughing whatever..;;
so music helps~~ in a way?

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
SolSaithis said:
Do you guys listen to music while studying? For me i feel that i study better (as in concentrate harder) when im listening to my ipod, since it blockes out all the unwanted sounds e.g t.v, computer, annoying sister etc... but i don't remember as much compared to when im not listening (not sure about this :p). I get told by my mum that it isn't really "studying" when you do,blah,blah,blah. So what do you guys think, is it better to listen to music or not??
Music does make studying more enjoyable but wouldn't you be concentrating less effectively?

I say that it's more of a distraction but if you're going to do serious, serious study, my suggestion (and it's only my suggestion) is that you should not have anything playing as you need to concentrate well and this should only happen when it's quiet and peaceful. Note- you don't get music playing during the exams but it'd be good for reducing pressure and stress and making it more enjoyable.:)

SolSaithis

HSC
Sparcod said:
Music does make studying more enjoyable but wouldn't you be concentrating less effectively?

I say that it's more of a distraction but if you're going to do serious, serious study, my suggestion (and it's only my suggestion) is that you should not have anything playing as you need to concentrate well and this should only happen when it's quiet and peaceful. Note- you don't get music playing during the exams but it'd be good for reducing pressure and stress and making it more enjoyable.:)
i was thinking the exact same thing :). So to try break my habit i'm gonna start going to the library as soon as school starts. Hopefully i won't have any distractions while studying. i just hope i can manage without my music...

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Three hours ago, I had every, every intent of getting all my notes done. I decide to turn the stupid music on for "just 5 minutes" and bang, three hours later, only 2 dot points are done.

Stupid me.

denoz

HSC
I only listen to music when im doing maths cause i figure if i can do the question with the music on, im pretty sure i can do it with it off.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Lol I don`t listen to music @ all during study.
Too distracting for me - I`ll end up humming along :p
So yeah ... music for me is only during breaks.

R&B for me =]

zaqwerty

HSC
I can listen to music whilst doing almost anything.

It actually kind of helps when I'm doing maths.

And Eng. essays.

I don't think I could do anything in silence, unless it was absolute silence.

The only thing I can't do with music on is read.

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
m0ofin said:
Three hours ago, I had every, every intent of getting all my notes done. I decide to turn the stupid music on for "just 5 minutes" and bang, three hours later, only 2 dot points are done.

Stupid me.
dont trust the music.

zaqwerty

HSC
Oh and might I add...

My school allows us to listen to music in study periods, only if it is classical.. Yet they ban ipods, discmans, etc...???

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Sometimes I can't study or summarise without music, it's like it stimulates my brain or something. I find some songs really help me write essays for some reason, especially love songs...

vizman

HSC
i find it pretty comforting most of the time, except i can't do it when doing a practice paper etc.

jirwin

HSC
i rarely listen to music normally so i dont have music on when i study.

when i study im usually on MSN at the same time and also have the tv on... i find that when i am not on MSN i get no work done... no matter whether its assessments or study.

zaqwerty

HSC
Oh yeah. Something I find useful also, if I'm not in the mood for music whilst studying, is to play a movie in the background, especially movies that I know really well.

In fact, I even have my "study movies".

It's really satisfying to realise that you have been studying for nearly two hours when the movie comes to an end...

HSC
I vary.
If im working in my room, ill put a cd on.
If im on the computer, ill put the tv on.
Most of the time i need background noise. I guess im used to it at my house lol.
But if I go into my room and forget to turn my stereo on, I still study fine.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
i work best in -complete- silence. Coz, any noise invariably turns my concentration away from my work.... not good when i have little cousins over at my place, constantly in the throes of a wild dota orgasm..... not good at all...

Musik for me is for enjoyment purposes only, when i just want to sit there staring at the ceiling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)