hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
a woodwind instrument, similar to oboe.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
Crikket said:
arg, electronic metronomes are annoying, unless it's mutable, and you can only see the red and green lights in time without the beeps
mine ticks, like makes a fake ticking noise
not that annoying really

TripleJ

HSC
Your obviously not the big Family guy fan you portray yourself as!

THIS GUYS A PHONEY! A BIG FAT PHONEY!

mack

Banned
HSC
TripleJ said:
Your obviously not the big Family guy fan you portray yourself as!

THIS GUYS A PHONEY! A BIG FAT PHONEY!
Ah now i get it. Yeah i thought you were referring to one of my sexy parties. Im not sure if you could handle one of those....

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Merethrond said:
It looks like one of those Bazooka things:p!
He he he. Yeah, I guess it does. I should pick up a smaller instrument; bassoons heavy and expensive. I went to see a music performance once and this guy had a bright red one that cost around $65,000. :eek: Although, on average you can get a decent one for 'normal people' for around $3000 - $8000 (the higher cost ones are concert bassoons). Reeds are expensive too at $16 a go. Especially if you keep chewing on them like I do. :(

Done babbling. :)

music dr

the little mermaid
HSC
LONG LIVE DOUBLE REED PLAYERS!!! hehehe :D

anyways, yeah the reeds are expensive, mine for my little oboe costed $16. An old friend of mine started playing Bassoon and the reeds he got were $50 or something, and he broke one at band camp and they had to run out and get him another one :( it was funny though.

P.S. no band camp jokes please, i get them enough being a flute player too! hey get this, i was walking into a maccas one day after school and i had my flute and i sat down and some fat blonde (no offence) bitches started saying/gesturing the band camp line. was not happy!

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
I don't play one atm though I'd like to learn the piano so i can write my own music and songs:)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Daemontreu said:
He he he. Yeah, I guess it does. I should pick up a smaller instrument; bassoons heavy and expensive. I went to see a music performance once and this guy had a bright red one that cost around $65,000. :eek: Although, on average you can get a decent one for 'normal people' for around $3000 - $8000 (the higher cost ones are concert bassoons). Reeds are expensive too at $16 a go. Especially if you keep chewing on them like I do. :(

Done babbling. :)
:eek:!

OZGIRL86 said:
I don't play one atm though I'd like to learn the piano so i can write my own music and songs:)
You can do that on any instrument:).

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Merethrond said:
:You can do that on any instrument:).
He he, so true! Just out of curiousity - what type of instrument do you think it would be easiest to improvise on? Plus, I guess it depends on the type of music...

TripleJ

HSC
Daemontreu said:
He he, so true! Just out of curiousity - what type of instrument do you think it would be easiest to improvise on? Plus, I guess it depends on the type of music...
Well I play the drums and I'm going to have to go with drums. With melodic instruments you have to worry about keys and scales etc whereas with drums theres no set notes (and a standard drum can't be tuned to a note anyway).

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
I've been playing the violin for less than a year but since I managed to finish preliminary in 6 months I'm a first grader now...though I wish I was a better player.
I played the keyboard when i was younger but sucked, so I quit and took up the flute. Play that for a year before the school decided it didn't want a band anymore so it took back all our insturments and we were left without music (yes...quite sad).

I'd really like to self teach myself the guitar though, it looks like fun.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Daemontreu said:
Haha, I would have no idea. I have only played the guitar since the start of this year and had basically no music experience before that:p. I don't think you could tell unless you tried every single instrument though:).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)