Musical Instruments (1 Viewer)

Auto Wah

Daemontreu said:
He he, so true! Just out of curiousity - what type of instrument do you think it would be easiest to improvise on? Plus, I guess it depends on the type of music...
guitar, and the style 12 bar blues, it can't get any easier than 12 bar blues

1 2 3 4
| I / / / | I / / / | I / / / | I / / / |

5 6 7 8
| IV / / / | IV / / / | I / / / | I / / / |

9 10 11 12
| V7 / / / | V7 / / / | I / / / | / / / / |

this is an example of the progression of 12 bar blues, it's very basic, dominant7s are more commonly used for the root now days it seems.
It's simple, you play the root note I for 4 bars, then play 4th chord for 2 bars back to root chord for another 2 bars, then play the 5th chord for 2 bars and ends with the root chord.
Of course it can be played in any key.

i know it sounds confusing now but it's easy as baking fish in a microwave oven.

music dr

the little mermaid
HSC
I've played a few instruments and u can't go wrong with keyboard. It has a recording thing and different settings and acumpniants (sp?) and rhythms. it's great! or if u don't have one, a piano is pretty good too.

I keep my keyboard in me bedroom, next to my desk and when i need a break from whatever, i just muck around and whatever. I love all the flashing lights and buttons, lol ;)

lilmzqt

+.~*Special*~.+
HSC
i used to learn piano...i can still play but......well i suk at it so i quit.......wen im reeli bored i'll go play sum stuff tho....my friend plays it too so i can get some notes off her if i wanna play something

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
i think we're all forgetting the most blessed of all instruments... the tambourine!
*insert picture of holy tambourine*

music dr

the little mermaid
HSC
I was watching Aussie idol a few weeks ago and there was a close-up of a guy playing the triangle, but it wasn't just the *ding* that we think it is, he was full on playing it like a proper auxillary percussion instrument, and i was like 'OMG there is a hard way to play the triangle!!' I was gobsmacked, i didn't even care about the performer!!!

He was holding it all funny and everything!

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
in year 7 music we laughed at the triangle and our teacher gave us this big lecture about how complicated it is and its very underrated. there are like 300+ sounds you can get out of it. ive never listened to the triangle the same way since.

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
music dr said:
I was watching Aussie idol a few weeks ago and there was a close-up of a guy playing the triangle, but it wasn't just the *ding* that we think it is, he was full on playing it like a proper auxillary percussion instrument, and i was like 'OMG there is a hard way to play the triangle!!' I was gobsmacked, i didn't even care about the performer!!!

He was holding it all funny and everything!
lol, i love watching the orchestral triangle players.
imagine a guy in a formal tux, playing a triangle :D

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I've been playing the flute for about 4 years and recently gave it up. also played the piccalo which is basically the saem thing only smaller and higer pitch and I can also kinda play the guitar
Ive half given that up fot the HSC and all... Gonna pick it up again in the newyear

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Meh... I want to learn a new instrument next year, and I've finally narrowed it down to three things: Double Bass; Lute; Lyre/Celtic Harp. Although I have no idea whether you can get teachers for the last two.

xing

HSC
lol
so sad that people give up playing their instruments after getting into for a few years. They pretty much quit just b4 they realise how good it is hehe

Piano player for 15 years!! go piano!

mack

Banned
HSC
Tommy_Lamp said:
well im learning Chopin Prelude No.15 Op.28 'raindrop' if that counts :p

Well download Etude 4 opus 10, and see what im talking about. Prepare to cry though, its insane.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
sucks trying to find good sheet music without paying on the net. the few sites i have bookmarked that offer free sheet music dont have it. if u can find it refer me

mack

Banned
HSC
Tommy_Lamp said:
sucks trying to find good sheet music without paying on the net. the few sites i have bookmarked that offer free sheet music dont have it. if u can find it refer me
Actually i was talking about downloading a version of the song from Kazaa or something, just so you could listen to it. That wouldnt be too hard would it?

Try and get Tony Macalpines version. Itd be the easiest to find.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)