Muslim Cleric gives scientific evidence to the inferiority of women (1 Viewer)

Pfortune35

HSC
Ummm, you know there's such a thing as context.
true, context should always in by kept in mind when reading in depth into a text.

Times do change and it is important to keep in mind that while we might deplore something today,
it might have been acceptable when the text was written.

for example the use of the word 'nigger' in mark twains huckelberry fin might have been acceptable at the time, but would be frowned upon today.

I accept this, times change and so does society, which is why no text (book, movie etc) is perfect
and wont always be relevant to everybody everywhere all the time which brings me back to my earlier statement

yet joeys ratzinger and georgy pell and about a billion other christians hold this book up as the definative book on how to live your life and its complete bullshit.

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
There's no need to discriminate, the quran and bible are equally as bullshit and self contradictory as each other, and as any other "holy book"

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
There's no need to discriminate, the quran and bible are equally as bullshit and self contradictory as each other, and as any other "holy book"
I'm sure you'll find one is more crappy than the other.

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
They're both pretty fucked up, there just tends to be more muslims who take the Quran seriously than christians who take the bible seriously.

I mean what would happen if a group of Christians started taking the bible entirely literally.

1. Kill all gays (sorry mods of BoS)
2. Kill anyone who curses their parents
3. Kill your wife if she's not a virgin on your wedding night
4. Kill anyone who works on the sabbath
5. Kill those who worship other gods
...off the top of my head, plus more i'm sure i'm unaware of

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Not really. I think portions of them are good advice for living. Like... "Do not murder" or "Do not steal".

/nods philosophically

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
lol a stupid sky nigger says dumb shit and idiots who believe in magic defend it five stars

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
anyone who believes anything from the bible or the koran or the torah or anything else is equally as stupid as someone who believes hogwarts is true

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
first commandment isn't do not murder

it's 'I AM THE LORD YOUR GOD'

so fuck that shit

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
anyone who believes anything from the bible or the koran or the torah or anything else is equally as stupid as someone who believes hogwarts is true
so what you're saying is that blacks are stupider than non-blacks BOOM

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Not really. I think portions of them are good advice for living. Like... "Do not murder" or "Do not steal".

/nods philosophically
But the thing is, is anybody really so socially inept, that they NEED a book to TELL them not to murder, not to steal etc.

Anybody with the most basic of social skills and any bit of decency will learn this by themselves.

I would much rather trust someone who would not steal because of their own developed morals, versus somebody who would not steal because 'the Bible said so'.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
you don't need the bible to tell you not be a criminal dude
But the thing is, is anybody really so socially inept, that they NEED a book to TELL them not to murder, not to steal etc.

Anybody with the most basic of social skills and any bit of decency will learn this by themselves.

I would much rather trust someone who would not steal because of their own developed morals, versus somebody who would not steal because 'the Bible said so'.
I feel a philosophical discussion on the origins of law or morality coming on. One which I don't want to get into.

You can argue that you don't need a book to tell you not to murder, steal or do whatnot - but that raises the question 'why', and that always goes everywhere and nowhere at the same time.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I'm saying that you can argue the point: "You don't need a book to tell you that murdering someone or stealing is bad". But then someone else can say, "Well, why is murdering or stealing bad in the first place?"

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'm saying that you can argue the point: "You don't need a book to tell you that murdering someone or stealing is bad". But then someone else can say, "Well, why is murdering or stealing bad in the first place?"
Make another thread?

qawe

HSC
N/A
They're both pretty fucked up, there just tends to be more muslims who take the Quran seriously than christians who take the bible seriously.

I mean what would happen if a group of Christians started taking the bible entirely literally.

1. Kill all gays (sorry mods of BoS)
2. Kill anyone who curses their parents
3. Kill your wife if she's not a virgin on your wedding night
4. Kill anyone who works on the sabbath
5. Kill those who worship other gods
...off the top of my head, plus more i'm sure i'm unaware of
these are part of the OT Laws which Jews should follow... they are not for Christians
Christians don't even observe the sabbath!
I take the Bible very seriously, and I would never do any of the above... in fact, it would be a sin.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)