• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Muslim headscarves (1 Viewer)

SickOfStudyin!

HSC
You know what... it's good to be straight forward, and i hope they can be as straight forward as you are.. You have to know that banning the Hijab is a first step to banning the whole religion.. But let me ask you, out of curiosity:
Why do you want the whole religion (if that is what you want)? What exactly do you have against it?

Liberal Scum

Banned
HSC
SickOfStudyin! said:
Hi everyone,

What do you think of Bronwan Bishop's proposal to Ban the Muslim woman's headscarf (Hijab) in public schools and universities?

Is the Muslim woman's headscarf really a 'threat' to the "Australian way of life"?
Is it a challenge?
Does it incite "terrorism" and/or "fundamentalism/radicalism" ?

Can we now see the real hypocricy of democracy? Hypocricy of this so-called "freedom of worship"? Can we see now who is really inciting the hatred? And who is calling for terrorizing the other? Do you think that by attacking the Muslim faith, she (bronwan) will help Australia by bringing 'peace'?

My thoughts are:

Muslims came to Australia for many different reasons, Australia welcomed them with open hands, and provided for them the security and freedom, just like any other citizen of Australia.

Muslims were never a threat to the Australians, let alone the woman's headscarf! Why would a woman, covering her head - as a means of worshipping her Lord be viewed as a 'terrorist' and a 'fundamentalist'? Why is this attack ONLY on Islam and not on any other religions? The Buddists have their religious clothing, the nuns even cover their heads! Why is this attack only being made against Muslims and their Islam?

I think, by Australia taking this step - if it did - it is causing a lot of problems and instability within its society. Basically - you want security, leave Muslims alone! Muslims are not attacking Australia, it is Australia who is attacking Muslims. This is just part of the global war on Islam as a whole way of life!

Peace!
I disagree with the proposal, but your arguments are just retarded. How many nuns and buddhists do you see wearing their traditional dress in schools?

And if there's a global war on Islam then I'd ask who started it. :)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I think banning a religion is wrong. Hence I think banning the hijap is wrong.

Furthermore were the hijab to be banned then the jewish cap thingy (too lazy to find the name) and christian crosses should also be banned aka France.

Finally I can't see a good reason to ban it especially in universities, in schools you could maybe say it clashes with uniform but at uni there is no uniform.....

SickOfStudyin!

HSC
Liberal Scum said:
I disagree with the proposal, but your arguments are just retarded. How many nuns and buddhists do you see wearing their traditional dress in schools?

And if there's a global war on Islam then I'd ask who started it. :)
Ok, about your first point:

you're right, no buddists or nuns wear their religious clothes at schools or unis.. But how about this... If Australia wants to claim itself to be "secular" like what France declared itself to be, then not only do Islamic 'symbols' need to be banned, but also the christians cross, the Jewish 'star of david', and all other symbols of other religions!

Secondly:
Who started the global war on Islam? I ask you the same question... Muslims did you say? No I tell you.. Basically, on 3rd March 1924 the Ottoman Islamic Caliphate State was destroyed - by Britian and France... That's whaen the whole war on Islam started, but it recently became more open, basically declaring it in public..

If you want to go into history, i'm more than happy to do that :)

SickOfStudyin!

HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
What is the point of banning the hijab? It's just a proposal (don't worry it won't get anywhere in wishy-washy-pussy Australia, the probability of it being implemented = zero) to create hate.

If she wants to express hate, do it in a constructive way. She could propose something, that if implemented, would actually do something.

It's all misguided hate. I need to teach Australian's how to hate properly. Not vindictive enough Australia! Not anywhere near vindictive enough for MY LIKING!
Yes it may be only a proposal, but hey, it was a proposal in France 15 years ago too... It was still implemented! It may not take so many years here.. it may take months,, who knows?!

So let me ask - what is your teaching of hate? Why would u want to teach hate?

Liberal Scum

Banned
HSC
SickOfStudyin! said:
Ok, about your first point:

you're right, no buddists or nuns wear their religious clothes at schools or unis.. But how about this... If Australia wants to claim itself to be "secular" like what France declared itself to be, then not only do Islamic 'symbols' need to be banned, but also the christians cross, the Jewish 'star of david', and all other symbols of other religions!

Secondly:
Who started the global war on Islam? I ask you the same question... Muslims did you say? No I tell you.. Basically, on 3rd March 1924 the Ottoman Islamic Caliphate State was destroyed - by Britian and France... That's whaen the whole war on Islam started, but it recently became more open, basically declaring it in public..

If you want to go into history, i'm more than happy to do that :)
Conquest of the Jewish holy land by the army of Caliph Umar I in 638.

SickOfStudyin!

HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
Yes, but you're supposed to take it like a man, like all other non-whites have! You don't see black americans crashing planes into buildings going "I'LL TEACH YOU FOR MAKING MY ANCESTORS A COTTON PICKKERRRRRRRRRR! ARRRRR *bam*"

You have to understand that as whites, we did alot of expanding (being the more superiour race) and so we have trod on alot of peoples toes. If you can get over it, the conflict stops! :rolleyes:
I don't agree with this "crashing planes into buildings"... Islam does not teach murdering and terrorizing innocent people in their own lands (even if some Muslims done those attacks).

I dont agree with the saying "whites are superior.." We are all humans created from soil.. We all have the same flesh, bones, hearts, blood etc.. We were born in the same way, and will one day die... No human is superior over the other, only the Creator is superior over all His creations.

Plus, you can't get over what other people do to you on a daily basis.. We are not talking about 1924 only, we are talking about the everyday attacks on Islam which have started as a result of the destruction of the state.. I'm not saying that the response to such an attack should be done by weapon... Why doesn't the West have dialogues and open discussions with those they call "fundamentalists"? Can't you see that they are scared of the spread of Islam? (as it is the largest growing religion around the world).

The conflict will not stop as long as the West is constantly 'trying' to 'burn Islam down'!

Liberal Scum

Banned
HSC
SickOfStudyin! said:
I don't agree with this "crashing planes into buildings"... Islam does not teach murdering and terrorizing innocent people in their own lands (even if some Muslims done those attacks).

I dont agree with the saying "whites are superior.." We are all humans created from soil.. We all have the same flesh, bones, hearts, blood etc.. We were born in the same way, and will one day die... No human is superior over the other, only the Creator is superior over all His creations.

Plus, you can't get over what other people do to you on a daily basis.. We are not talking about 1924 only, we are talking about the everyday attacks on Islam which have started as a result of the destruction of the state.. I'm not saying that the response to such an attack should be done by weapon... Why doesn't the West have dialogues and open discussions with those they call "fundamentalists"? Can't you see that they are scared of the spread of Islam? (as it is the largest growing religion around the world).

The conflict will not stop as long as the West is constantly 'trying' to 'burn Islam down'!
But it didn't start in 1924...

rink

HSC
my bro is sitting here asking if emjoy gently is gonna hurt :s

haha just my random post for tonight

oh and about bronwyn.....she's a nut, she has no right to talk about dress, i mean have u SEEN the way she dresses ewwwwww, id rather wear muslim clothing than wear what she wears any day of the week

SickOfStudyin!

HSC
Conquest of the Jewish holy land by the army of Caliph Umar I in 638.
"Jewish Holy Land"... No such thing... Since when were Jews promised any land?.. This is a different topic... Jews occupied a Muslim land = Palestine. That is a FACT, not a theory or a philosophy. If you want to be brainwashed and believe those corrupt ideas, then you'll be fooling no one but yourself... so that is not an argument i would want to discuss, as i do not believe in it..

But it didn't start in 1924...
Ok, how about this:
The attack on Islam begun since prophet Muhammad (pbuh) came with the message of Islam... Does this sound better now? :)

SickOfStudyin!

HSC
i'll come back 2moro (today actually).. i need some sleep now...I hope i dont come back and find this 10 pages long :p ..

G'night...

Liberal Scum

Banned
HSC
SickOfStudyin! said:
"Jewish Holy Land"... No such thing... Since when were Jews promised any land?.. This is a different topic... Jews occupied a Muslim land = Palestine. That is a FACT, not a theory or a philosophy. If you want to be brainwashed and believe those corrupt ideas, then you'll be fooling no one but yourself... so that is not an argument i would want to discuss, as i do not believe in it..

Ok, how about this:
The attack on Islam begun since prophet Muhammad (pbuh) came with the message of Islam... Does this sound better now? :)
The Jews were promised land by God through Moses. They entered this land hundreds (if not thousands) of years before Islam even existed. This claim has equal validity to any that was promised to the Muslims, but was at an earlier date and is not extinguished by that which was promised to Islam.

Brainwashed eh? I'd suggest that since you subscribe to one of the religions your interpretation of any "facts" would be high biased. I subscribe to neither religion, and in fact I hate them both equally.

Last edited:

hipPo3

HSC
SickOfStudyin! said:
weren't the muslims in war with each other for 300 or so years ?..
I thought that because of Bush senior, supplying weapons to help sadam get into power, was the reason why islamic extremists started terrorising westerners.. and vica versa..

Personally, i find most religions piontless, but that doesnt mean poeple shouldnt express thier faith if it makes them happy. I dont understand why poeple fear muslims .. Its the extremists that should be feared.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Abbott defends hijab choice

Abbott defends hijab choice
Samantha Maiden
October 31, 2005

BANNING Muslim girls from wearing the hijab headscarf is not going to make them more Australian and is at odds with the best of the nation's traditions, according to federal Health Minister Tony Abbott.

Weighing into the debate sparked by calls from Liberal MPs Sophie Panopoulos and Bronwyn Bishop for a hijab ban, Mr Abbott said "convert-or-die dogmatism" was not the answer.

"Ripping away Muslim girls' scarves is not going to make them more Australian," Mr Abbott said. "If anything, it's almost certain to make them feel more vulnerable and different.

"If observant Jews can wear skullcaps, Sikhs turbans, and Christians crucifixes, it's hard to see how Muslim women can be denied their headscarves."

In an article written for ideas journal The PartyRoom, published by Liberal MP Andrew Robb and senator Mitch Fifield, Mr Abbott said: "Do we really think that convert-or-die dogmatism now has more appeal than give-and-take pragmatism?

"Disparaging the religious symbols of Muslim Australians is at odds with our own best traditions," he says.

"Why should Muslims turn out to be resistant to the gravitational pull of the Australian way of life when no one else has?"

[continued - see link]

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I dont see what the problem is. Almost all I see are generally either black, white or in school colours - like Generators' quote states - christians wear crosses, sikhs wear turbans etc - how is this any different. As long as its not hot pink, I fail to see how it will effect the schools appearence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)