• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

'Muslim Massacre' game causes uproar (1 Viewer)

DTFM

HSC
Empyrean444 said:
Just on this: i don't think people are genetically prone to criminality more than others. I would agree that some are born violent to a degree, but cannot see how this relates to genetics. That said, it would be criminal to starve or destroy whole gene pools - like very small scale genocide.
If they are born violent, what factors do you think contribute to that disposition?

sams057 said:
EDIT: oh and DTFM...one question...YTF DO U GO ON THAT SHIT
I'm just a cool kind of dude.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
forced apology is forced

I hope he didn't get any death threats. That would be kind of shit. He actually sounds like a decent guy from that apology, however I still think he has a serious mental problem.

DTFM

HSC
sam04u said:
forced apology is forced

I hope he didn't get any death threats. That would be kind of shit. He actually sounds like a decent guy from that apology, however I still think he has a serious mental problem.
Why do you say it is forced?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Empyrean444 said:
Just on this: i don't think people are genetically prone to criminality more than others. I would agree that some are born violent to a degree, but cannot see how this relates to genetics. That said, it would be criminal to starve or destroy whole gene pools - like very small scale genocide.

On the game: it is offensive and the guy who made it is an absolutely stupid fuckwit. He is like the parochial retards at Camden who not only think for some strange reason that Muslims are bad, but then claim that choosing to like people or not based on race/religion is somehow not xenophobic or discriminatory! This is why the Muslim/Western worlds are at odds: due to misunderstandings which are fuelled by extremist hate groups on both sides. The percentage of Muslims who are actually anti west (to the point of extreme hatred) or suicide bombers/terrorists is actually VERY SMALL. Did u ever think that the majority of people killed in Iraq by suicide/car bombing are actually Iraqi citizens: most of them are Muslim.

It is offensive for no reason. By promoting something like this this man has made himself the Western equivalent of an anti West extremist terrorist. It achieves nothing but to exacerbate tensions/hatreds on both sides. I fail to see the "clever" satire in it. To find it amusing demonstrates lack of sensitivity to a volatile and disastrous global issue and to indicate a marked apathy to the feelings of another people. I would be fine with a satire on Muslim religion itself. As with all religions it has its absurdities, and in my find most religions are false. This would be a justified demonstration against something problematic. To promote hatred and violence against a WHOLE people for the actions of a few is evil, misguided and indicative of individual ignorance. Muslim extremist terrorists judge the West based on the decisions and actions of a few (govt policy, etc). This man has mirrored this behaviour.
You know nothing about genetics, for example psychopathy has a very large inherited element, mainly because it is a bit of an advantage in modern society so you are more likely to survive and pass your genes on. Psychopaths are implulsive and violent by nature...so... so you see where i am going?

We have freedom in the west, i see no problem in expressing it. Freedom doesnt just protect ideas that everyone likes, but the ones that piss people off too. Just because his game is tasteless and needlessly inflammatory doesnt mean he doesnt have the right to make it. "oh noes, a bunch of pissed off muslims want us to stop, we better do what they say or they might blow up our buildings"

MedKid

HSC
where can i play THIS LOL Sounds Fun haha Any1 LINK me in a PM plz lol

johnnywalker

HSC
lolz i wonder why this thread aint deleted yet, must of orginated from Camden indid

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
johnnywalker said:
lolz i wonder why this thread aint deleted yet, must of orginated from Camden indid
i wonder why i haven't belted the fuck out of you yet....oh wait, your probably some pussy fuck talking all big behind his screen.

stfu or ill crack your scull through the monitor.

cheers

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
sam04u said:
Stalin's model was too harsh for my liking.
But a good labour camp which reforms criminals > a shitty prison which trains criminals
That may be, but Rocky still knocked out Drago

E

Empyrean444

Serius said:
You know nothing about genetics, for example psychopathy has a very large inherited element, mainly because it is a bit of an advantage in modern society so you are more likely to survive and pass your genes on. Psychopaths are implulsive and violent by nature...so... so you see where i am going?

We have freedom in the west, i see no problem in expressing it. Freedom doesnt just protect ideas that everyone likes, but the ones that piss people off too. Just because his game is tasteless and needlessly inflammatory doesnt mean he doesnt have the right to make it. "oh noes, a bunch of pissed off muslims want us to stop, we better do what they say or they might blow up our buildings"
Alright, i may take your point on genetics, but this still does not give us the right to eliminate a gene pool

I never challenged his Legal right in making the game. Just because u can do something does NOT mean you should do it. I am not challenging his right to make it, but i am challenging the act of making it. Not he can't make it, but he shouldn't make it. As i said, he achieves nothing but promoting a stereotype that is small and therefore largely false - he promotes through this xenophobia which prolongs and begets conflicts and limits understanding - the seed of peace. Your comment on saying (sarcastically) that some "Muslims will blow us up" is simply demonstrative of your insensitivity and ignorance. It is not just the small amount of Muslims who are terrorists who need 2 be thought of: it is the gargantuan number who aren't terrorists (ie the VAST MAJORITY) who need to be worried about. It is an unprovoked attack on them. And on the point of terrorists, do you really think that something as stupid as this is somehow an expression a free will in saying something that needs to be said? Do you think this is somehow standing up to them? we already have 2 wars on terror. Let's not make moronic and needlessly offensive statements which collaterally hurt a great number of innocent people (ie most Muslims) by insulting their religion and alienating them. On the issue of rights, surely people have a right not to be unfairly attacked about their religion and alienated because of the actions of others?

On the matter of his apology, it just seems he does not have much empathy, and has, in attempting a satire upon one thing, viciously attacked another.

HNAKXR

Wooooooo...OOOoOOOOoOOoP!
HSC
N/A
Serius said:
Hurray for HAte CRIMES!

HNAKXR

Wooooooo...OOOoOOOOoOOoP!
HSC
N/A
not sure of Australia but in quite a few countries it is illegal to publish items that are deemed as racist content.

Boxes

Banned
HSC
I've played the game and to be honest, it was quite the let down. Reminds me of a game on SEGA Mastersystem called....duststorm or something like that. it was based on the iranian war.

muska

HSC
Peace be upon you all.

Once you know that you are on the truth, NOTHING will take you away from it, nothing can smash the truth. Not even a silly video game. Allah is enough for us, we dont need the approval of anybody, we dont need anybody to like us except for Allah(swa). Verily man is in loss except for those who are on the truth and have patience.
I expect a barrage of insults and foul language, and i suspect that you people will think i am brainwashed and even pity me. There is nothing i can do to make you people see the truth because whomsoever God misguides none can guide. But if you want to judge the teachings of islam do not do so by reading peoples skewed opinions about it, rather pick up the authentic sources (Quran, Authentic Hadith). And please do not label islam by what some alleged 'muslim' people say or claim! Read the biography of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), the man who embodied the Quran, and the ONLY teachings of islam.

Wassalam
-with peace

Boxes

Banned
HSC
muska said:
Peace be upon you all.

Once you know that you are on the truth, NOTHING will take you away from it, nothing can smash the truth. Not even a silly video game. Allah is enough for us, we dont need the approval of anybody, we dont need anybody to like us except for Allah(swa). Verily man is in loss except for those who are on the truth and have patience.
I expect a barrage of insults and foul language, and i suspect that you people will think i am brainwashed and even pity me. There is nothing i can do to make you people see the truth because whomsoever God misguides none can guide. But if you want to judge the teachings of islam do not do so by reading peoples skewed opinions about it, rather pick up the authentic sources (Quran, Authentic Hadith). And please do not label islam by what some alleged 'muslim' people say or claim! Read the biography of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), the man who embodied the Quran, and the ONLY teachings of islam.

Wassalam
-with peace

ok. heart touching. moving right along now.

E

Empyrean444

muska said:
Peace be upon you all.

Wassalam
-with peace

Let's get a couple of things straight:
1. I respect your right to your believe, and i am not anti - Islam (well, not more than i am anti other religions). But you go way, way too far in labelling us misguided by god. Your god probably doesn't even exist - neither the Bible or the Quran would stand up as reliable evidence for anything, let alone the proof of a God.
Just because someone doesn't share your beliefs doesn't make them blind necessarily. You overstate your beliefs, for which their is no definitive truth, and then, for being a sceptic or a cynic of ur faith, define someone as blind to the truth. In doing so, u make yourself the blindest of all. - i would hardly see this as a skewed opinion.

What proof do I have? Throughout history, the most pious of believers of all religions have said the same as u do: "our god(s) are the only one(s), our religion is true, we see what is true, you are blind". To label a secular opinion of reasonable and logical evaluation "misguided" is a falsity.

On the topic of brainwashing: if you were taught Islam as fact when u were young, then you were indoctrinated, you were, to a greater or lesser extent, brainwashed. And this is what keep a lot of religions worshipped: people grow up from childhood believing in it, that by the time they are an adult it is so ingrained, it has become to them an irrefutable fact. I see this a far more likely cause for fervent believe than any epiphany of any religion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)