• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Muslim People in Australia (1 Viewer)

davin

HSC
N/A
however, there is still the fact that there is a big difference between things meant to keep order that are like crime, and other religious views that are more imposing and less related to protecting people from others that would do harm

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
sly fly said:
Yes, just as a Muslim woman or Muslim man would.
Then that is unfairly forcing Islamic traditions onto non-Islamic people.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
withoutaface said:
Then that is unfairly forcing Islamic traditions onto non-Islamic people.
that is unfortunately what we have to live with. im not too fresh on my seerah (history of the prophet) but i remember it being that they were given protection in return for paying a jizyah, which is sort of like protection tax. and i thought that islamic rule wasnt enforced on non-muslims ie stoning for adulterers, because it wasnt what THEY followed, but like i said, it isnt fresh. the islamic world has changed dramatically and beyond repair, so you cant say islam is represented by any major islamic body these days.

M.I.A-187

HSC
I think Muslim is a great religion and there are many nice people that worship that religion and follow the true meaning.

However there are some rat fucked little piece of cum eating bitch tits which use that religion as an excuse of doing very awful deeds which is sad.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
oh man
is there any computer nerds here?
anyone who knows how to get msn working
i need help badly

and m.i.a 187 interesting concept

davin

HSC
N/A
so the idea that mob mentalities are a purely islamic thing then?

davin

HSC
N/A
well, then i must've missed you criticising groups of all relgious, nationalistic, ethnic, gender, political, and economic definitions.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Since we're talking about muslim people in australia etc... which 'religious' group do you feel is percieved as most negative? In america i would say atheists, but here in australia I would have to go with muslims.

Last edited:

davin

HSC
N/A
america is tricky....depending on the part of the country, it could be athiests, due to a few particularly troublesome ones, in others, its the far religious right.

davin

HSC
N/A
its an issue in that america is fairly divided politically at this point, or at least, the extremes are...and so there's animosity toward the viewpoint thats though to represent the extreme opposite fringe.
muslim, yes, gets much bad attention, but its not viewed as being on one particular side, and the american focus is far more on the divide within than conflicts outside at this point.

gerhard

HSC
it was only 10 years ago you couldnt serve office in texas if you were an athiest. if you were a muslim, buddhist etc this was ok, but no athiest.

Simpson Freak

HSC
The word is corruption, like i don't know why a muslim would claim that he is a good person and would want to kill jewish children just because their parents werre such bastards......I GUESS THIS GUY SAID IT SO I WILL STOP TRYING:

"I think Muslim is a great religion and there are many nice people that worship that religion and follow the true meaning.

However there are some rat fucked little piece of cum eating bitch tits which use that religion as an excuse of doing very awful deeds which is sad."

However it seems that some people who post on this thread are ignorant beyond belief, or possibly just deluding themselves.

"No... Muslims as individuals are nice. In packs, they come out of the closet and we see them as the animals that they are"

The reasons for the violence of some people who call themselves muslims are not Islamic reasons and nor are they condoned in any of the holy texts, its simple.

Lets compare it to christianity, like i said, if the CHURCH had any power, it would do its utmost to segrate and exclude those who don't believe in their views and may even go on some fun little crusades.

How about the jews, sure some seem okay, yet they treat themselves as some sort of race. Religion is not a race, and yet all who are jewish believe that they should have a homeland, even though it belongs to others. What would happen if more people converted to judaism?
would they expand the homeland to accomadate for them?
get more living space?
and exclude those who aren't part of this jewish master race zionists believe themselves to be?

hmmmm sounds very much like what Hitler said but kinda the other way round, THINK ABOUT IT.

anyway i think most just don;t want to sink so low as to comment on the moronic posts of some people.

blah blah blah

Generator

HSC
N/A
Simpson Freak said:
anyway i think most just don;t want to sink so low as to comment on the moronic posts of some people.

blah blah blah
Yet you, funnily enough, were more than willing to give the thread new life with pathetic thoughts of your own. Excellent work, chap!

davin

HSC
N/A
How about the jews, sure some seem okay, yet they treat themselves as some sort of race. Religion is not a race, and yet all who are jewish believe that they should have a homeland, even though it belongs to others.
Um, you are aware that they really are effectivly a race as well as a religion? Not fully, obviously, as one does have converts and the like, but there is a general Jewish ethnicity, beyond just religion. There was a recent study about the Ashkenazi Jews, which make up 80% of the worlds Jewish population, showing that around 40% of this subgroup shared a common ancestory of just 4 women. While, yes, they are a religion, the fact that the religion has lasted so long, and that there had been such general seperation between religions, gave it enough time for it to effectivly become its own ethnic group as well.

The policies of Israel are a seperate issue, of course, and not terribly relevant in this thread, but at least do some research before you go attacking groups. You just come off as ignorant.

Simpson Freak

HSC
No i was questioning the concept of being a religion and also a race.

I would have researched more but my computer is in the shop and everytime my brother can be torn away from his PC i have time to come on this thread. I did ask everyone I knew and they were under the understanding that you could not convert to Judaism, even though converts did come along at its foundations thousands of years ago.

I have heard this ex-jew who converted away from judaism and he said he didn't like the way it was similar to a country club.

I was only bringing Israeli politics into this since all other jews don't seem to be at all like bad people. Netherless the israeli politicians call themselves jews, and yet you don't want to include them in my post, however Al-Qaeda call themselves muslims and that some of you think the religion itself is the cause.

If the religion didn't say you can defend yourself, they would find other way to justify their rationale, so the religion isn't the cause of the terrorism.

I mean to think that the saudi media portrays an accurate view of the west's foreign policy is a moronic a thought that the media portrays an accurate view of islam.

On another note, who watched that 3 part series on Compass, called The Children of Abraham?

Last edited:

Simpson Freak

HSC
I am making another post because of different issue,

"Then that is unfairly forcing Islamic traditions onto non-Islamic people."

The fact is when you are in another person's land you have to obey their laws

People were angry with singapore for killing an Australian convicted of drug smuggling, but I haven't heard much of that a few weeks later. But we are still angry at countries where the laws are derived loosely from a religious foundation.

The whole concept is being debating since it is a religion and not all people have the same beliefs. but in that case should democratic laws not apply to communists because they don't believe in a democratic judicial system????

Heck would island natives who walk around nude be charged with indecent exposure if they took a stroll down Sydney? Why should the concept of covering the private parts being forced on a race of people who clearly have not reservations about the issue.

I wouldn't like the way my mother would be in danger in a place like lebannon just because she doesn't feel the need to cover her hair. I would ask these alleged religious judges if that choice is not between her and God?

Therefore it is obvious that such laws be it in those early christian states under the church or an islamic state, they don't really conform to the teachings of the Bible or Koran respectively. But i guess they were lazy to come up with the laws themselves and just breached a few copyrights to make their own judicial system.

davin

HSC
N/A
again, much of what you said about Israel is at best tangentally related to the topic.

it was interesting though, to learn that you know no one informed on Judaism, yet have such a strong position on[/] the religion. Yes, you can convert to it, however there are details as far as who they define to be an ethnic Jew, and its possible to be that without practicing the religion. Not that its a source, but as an example, one of the people in "the diary of Anne Frank" is someone who doesn't practice the religion but is labelled Jewish.

I also like that your entire arguement against it comes from "I heard one ex-Jew say", as that of course is an iron-clad justification.

With Al-Queda, their beliefs are from a militant Islamic viewpoint. The religion is not the cause of the terrorism, but the connection is one that is worth looking at, and is important to discuss both the rationale used, and also address criticisms that the Islamic world as a whole, even if not believing the miltant elements that Al-Queda believes, do not seem to actually oppose the extremists, but simply ignores it.

And to try to liken any biases within Saudi media to biases in western media is just blind. The two are not at all on comparable levels.

davin

HSC
N/A
The fact is when you are in another person's land you have to obey their laws
the issue is not just tourists, but those that already live there. and its over laws based not on a societal standard, per se, but on religious doctrine alone.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
davin said:
again, much of what you said about Israel is at best tangentally related to the topic.

it was interesting though, to learn that you know no one informed on Judaism, yet have such a strong position on[/] the religion. Yes, you can convert to it, however there are details as far as who they define to be an ethnic Jew, and its possible to be that without practicing the religion. Not that its a source, but as an example, one of the people in "the diary of Anne Frank" is someone who doesn't practice the religion but is labelled Jewish.

I also like that your entire arguement against it comes from "I heard one ex-Jew say", as that of course is an iron-clad justification.

With Al-Queda, their beliefs are from a militant Islamic viewpoint. The religion is not the cause of the terrorism, but the connection is one that is worth looking at, and is important to discuss both the rationale used, and also address criticisms that the Islamic world as a whole, even if not believing the miltant elements that Al-Queda believes, do not seem to actually oppose the extremists, but simply ignores it.

And to try to liken any biases within Saudi media to biases in western media is just blind. The two are not at all on comparable levels.

ah, there are lots people who dont practice their religion and are called hindus, muslims or jew- there is really nothing there. i think simpson freak has an excellent point, religion and race are two different aspects. A nation is generally built on race and never on religion. When i say nation, it could be states and terrorities etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)