• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Muslim People in Australia (2 Viewers)

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
i had an indonesian friend who went to study islam in saudi arabia

over there he came across a band playing american music in the streets outside near a highway

so he went over there to figure out whats going on = they were trying to attract tourists coming from the airport- so then he was telling them to stop wasting time and stuff when the religious police were called in... he didnt get in trouble coz the he called his mates from the university who got him out of trouble. the religious police said that your not allowed to preach in public (its had something to do with extremism in the country... :confused: )

but this true story shows that: (there could be quite a few lessons here)

1) western culture is more tolerated than what westerners give them credit for

2) that preaching to people of your faith is not tolerated

3) that the religion is whatever the government says it is-

islamic law is not something codified like our laws which can remain frozen until politicians decide to change it- so these countries do have problems even from an islamic POV - but no one here has claimed that they are perfect or represent islam! these countries are just the product of what history has to teach us about imperialism, colonialism and totalitarianism :sleep:

Salima

HSC
Indonesian friend? Man indos are like jamaican's, they get everywhere, and everyone kows soemone that they knwo...blah blah...etc..you should get what im saying.

The idea of a caliphate is much like any goverment we have now. The guy that is much like a prime minister or president, rules, with his board of other shcolars about him. Each person would have to be highly wualified..they'd all have to know hadith and qur'an perfectly...and they'd themselves have to be good men at heart and truthful completely.

muslim dominant countired now are caliphates..they don't claim to be either because they knwo there not. this is why no muslim rulers of these countries call themselves caliphs.....

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
withoutaface said:
...our beloved singapore with their chewing gum laws.
There is a valid utilitarian argument for anti-bubblegum laws though. A clean city is much more pleasant to walk through for the greater population than is one tainted with discarded bubblegum pieces.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
leetom said:
There is a valid utilitarian argument for anti-bubblegum laws though. A clean city is much more pleasant to walk through for the greater population than is one tainted with discarded bubblegum pieces.
Fine, I'll go with the anti-blow job ones instead. And I can honestly say that in the last 2-3 years I haven't stepped in chewing gum, so it's obviously no that huge a problem.

Last edited:

Simpson Freak

HSC
hmmm....a most compelling argument,

i still dont know if this thread has a point to it or not....welll not anymore i think.

i mean i think that many posters have now proved that there is no urgent issue that needs to be dealt with concerning.......errr.....the title...."muslim people in australia"

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
leetom said:
do u agree with the law, that is enforced on anyone who is caught with bubble gum?

Simpson Freak

HSC
well if people had a problem with it, they would protest and have a referendum, singapore is a democracy aint it?

why are you even asking that question sasha?

does it matter what he thinks....is he stupid or a complete clean freaky fascist? just because something is not normal for u, it doesnt mean u are the enlightened that knows exactly what is right and wrong. I know u never said this, but its pretty obvious from the nature of ur posts.

dont exaggerate the situation, chewing gum may be illegal in singapore the same way that littering is. Are u trying to say people dont litter in australia...well they do cos its hard to enforce, similarly i dont think the "chewers" are persecuted by the government,

one final point, this is another example of how the civil libertarians jump up and down when they feel they are not completly free to do what ever they wish...with so many pressing concerns in the galactic senate...errr i mean the world....why should we care if chewing gum is illegal in singapore.

The people of singapore have decided, or is DEMOCRACY only democracy if people vote in ways that conform with the values of western culture.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Singapore is not a true democracy, more than half the seats are uncontested, so the ruling party wins by default.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
withoutaface said:
Fine, I'll go with the anti-blow job ones instead. And I can honestly say that in the last 2-3 years I haven't stepped in chewing gum, so it's obviously no that huge a problem.
Wow, I had no idea such laws existed. To arrest someone for giving/receiving oral sex isn't utilitarian at all, unless it was taking place in an obvious public area in full view of unknowing bypassers. (And they could be charged under indecent exposure laws rather than blowjob-specific).

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
What if she deepthroated very well? There'd be no exposure to be charged with :p

Salima

HSC
What is this? If you're doing it to your husband or the husband to his wife shouldn't their be no problem with oral sex. It is a husband/wife thing and in the privacy of thier own home as it should be.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Salima said:
What is this? If you're doing it to your husband or the husband to his wife shouldn't their be no problem with oral sex. It is a husband/wife thing and in the privacy of thier own home as it should be.
What? So the koran doesn't believe it's Haram? Surely there should be at least protection given all the diseases that can be transferred through oral sex?

Simpson Freak

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
What? So the koran doesn't believe it's Haram? Surely there should be at least protection given all the diseases that can be transferred through oral sex?
Seriously, what is wrong with you? Salima's intention in her last post was not to tell people what she believes is morally right or not, but rather to point out that it is a private thing between 2 people and that the government can't seriously be expected to go into peoples houses and enforce the law, ergo her point is that it is redundant.

About the diseases, STD's are spread mainly because of having such physical contact with MULTIPLE people, you cant have an STD epidemic unless people are having multiple partners, similarly if the husband or wife has a problem such as candidiasis or what ever, the apt reaction would be to tell the other and get it checked out. I think it is quite obvious that u chose to ignore the fact it Salima put it into a marital context, where STD's are like the least of ur worries.

Not that bright, its quite obvious you are picking anything you can to serve your own needs. i mean what do std's go to do with the koran. You can get the flu and tuberculosis from being near the infected, arent you also going to ask if the koran states that being close to a person is a sin since you can get diseases from it?

Anyway, i think i did hear that it was either "forbidden" or "not recommended" on the basis of it being unclean, however i am not too sure, but then again i dont care since it doesnt concern me. Also it depends on ur definition of such an act and your perspective.

Maybe in singapore, if it was in public, u would be punished even more than an indecent exposure charge.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Not that bright, its quite obvious you are picking anything you can to serve your own needs. i mean what do std's go to do with the koran. You can get the flu and tuberculosis from being near the infected, arent you also going to ask if the koran states that being close to a person is a sin since you can get diseases from it?
I pointed it out because of the reasoning behind not being able to eat pork etc.

Not that bright, its quite obvious you are picking anything you can to serve your own needs.
It's quite obvious that I cut you up, so you get mad, post long replies that answer nothing - and then I laugh at you.

Simpson Freak

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I pointed it out because of the reasoning behind not being able to eat pork etc.

It's quite obvious that I cut you up, so you get mad, post long replies that answer nothing - and then I laugh at you.
O looky here, i guess i misjudged you, you were asking a question and to my surprise expecting an answer. I am sure u remain completely objective and i should not judge you for your post history of utter crap, i guess you are a changed man.

NB: your repeated comebacks of quoting me and then saying you laugh is not doing much to increase your credibility on this thread. I mean when you can think of a proper rebuttle contact me and we can talk it over like big boys, but right now you just have your proverbial bottle, and try to laugh your way out of your little trap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)