• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Muslim People in Australia (1 Viewer)

Zayd

HSC
katie_tully said:
I can see why he is targetting Muslims and nobody else. Because currently nobody else is causing the problems that Muslims are. If I remember correctly, it was Muslims that were caught in raids last year with equipment to make bombs.
I think its about time people stop using what the media says, to back their arguement.........clearly it wasnt only MUSLIM lebs invovled in the riots....thousands of CHRISTIAN lebs were invovled. Its about time we accept "a middle eastern looking person isnt always a muslim". Hence, the religion shouldnt be used at all to justify the persons actions.

Also people should "by now" be able to tell that ISLAM is being contantly bashed by the media. Notice how whenever a muslim commits a crime the word 'MUSLIM" or "ISLAMIST" is always mentioned. But whenever a NON-MUSLIM commits a crime, never does the media mention the persons faith. For e.g. the Indian commenwealth games member harrased a 15 year old and is on trial for doing so, but never did i actually hear the word 'HINDU" used by the media reporter.

Generator

HSC
N/A
politik said:
It's not that hard not to see it. I think we're all aware of the influence Anglo-Saxon culture has had on today's modern-day Australia.
Ah, come again?

banco55

HSC
Zayd said:
I think its about time people stop using what the media says, to back their arguement.........clearly it wasnt only MUSLIM lebs invovled in the riots....thousands of CHRISTIAN lebs were invovled. Its about time we accept "a middle eastern looking person isnt always a muslim". Hence, the religion shouldnt be used at all to justify the persons actions.

Also people should "by now" be able to tell that ISLAM is being contantly bashed by the media. Notice how whenever a muslim commits a crime the word 'MUSLIM" or "ISLAMIST" is always mentioned. But whenever a NON-MUSLIM commits a crime, never does the media mention the persons faith. For e.g. the Indian commenwealth games member harrased a 15 year old and is on trial for doing so, but never did i actually hear the word 'HINDU" used by the media reporter.
I would be very interested to see the comparative figures for unemployment, criminal activity and income for muslim lebanese and christian lebanese. I remember after cronulla they interviewed some christian lebanese and they said they were sick of the muslim lebanese giving all lebanese a bad reputation.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
politik said:
Well the country is majority Irish, Scottish, Welsh, English decent?
Well, yes, and I'm rather insulted by your claim that the culture of those with my heritage is based solely around the consumption of alcohol following a day's work.

Generator

HSC
N/A
politik said:
Well the country is majority Irish, Scottish, Welsh, English decent?
and what that does that have to do with heading to the pub for a drink after work, may I ask?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Hindu extremist... it just doesnt sound right
nor does christian extremist

only Islamic extremist fits the bill

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
It seems some people lack the mental capacity to keep an argument based on statistics And revert back to their old ways of INFLAMMING media hyped GENERALISATIONS.

Okay firstly this whole thing is SO ironic.
Lebanese muslims are being criticised for not adhering to australian social values? Well let me explain the high crime rate which is in australia.

Once again i'm going to be truthful as i have been in every post on this thread by saying muslim people have strong social values.

Ok let me paint a picture you all can understand (this will be as logical as possible and truthful as i have been throughout the argument).

1980s Lebanon is in a civil war.
Lebanese migrants hear about lebanese people living in australia happily and living in a country which tolerates them and gives them positions in work.

1980-1988
Lebanese people migrate to australia;

Lebanese women gain alot more independance;
and they learn to like australia.

1992-1995; Lebanese Men (who got jobs in companies during the 1980s lose jobs) in a spur of "downsizing" and higher competition where people with higher educational standards take jobs.

1996; Rise in unemployment and seeking of "public housing and refuge"

1998; Department of Housing begins in construction of 75,000 new town houses.

1996-1998; Women seek independance from their husbands (Large ammounts of divorces)

1998; Single mothers claim benefits and public housing; Ghettos form across Western Sydney; Public Housing attempts to seperate people as to increase chances of integration after census reports people of social backgrounds tend to associate mainly with people of their social background.

1998-2000; Crime rate increases among those who could not retain jobs due to lack of education and/or younger people who are at a socio-economic disadvantage.

And their you have it; that constitutes THE SMALL minority of individuals who have turned to crime; its not a matter of religion its a matter of bad migrational planning and discrimination in the workplace.

its the governments fault initially;

However this only represents a SMALL almost INSIGNIFICANT ammount of lebanese muslims in australia.
Which the media is EXPOSING to make muslims look as bad, criminal, hateful people.

As i said before muslim people have strong social values and we believe in peace and justice.

Their is a higher crime rate in the aboriginal community and almost identical on in people with similar socioeconomic means of anglo-saxon background.

Its just media hype really, most lebanese muslims adhere to the laws, pay taxes, are VERY proud to call australia home, and consider australia to be their first home.

Peter Costello is an idiot in my opinion. Lebanese people in most cases have adhered to the australian society.

The media has a way of twisting things, making it seem as though we are criminals or terrorists or people who would go as far as to burn an australian flag.
However that is only a small minority, so small infact that in should be insignificant but the media LOVES to cause controversy, because controversy sells.

A race war would mean the MEDIA accumulated millions of dollars (as was seen on the ABS statistical information- during the period of time that the riots erupted in South Western Sydney, local news channel "Sky News" had a 600% increase of viewers for the 5-day period.)

But i want you to go and FIND these people you talk about, instead of just being MEDIA WHORES and believing everything which is said. Go find a muslim who hates australia completely and is a criminal, who hates the australian peoples ways and wouldnt defend his country.

Then ask him, "hey mate, how come you have a sense of freedom, could you do that in your country? could you say you hate your government and burn your flag?"
He would likely answer;
"Nah Bro, in my country if you do that shit, they'll lock you up. In islam [Muslims], you HAVE to defend your country, or you are considered a wimp and not muslim. Mate in this country i can say whatever i Bloody well like, cause i have adhered with the countries values. Otherwise i wouldn't be at the TAB burning aussie flags mate."

Lol....

(anyone who read that would understand what im saying)

Generator

HSC
N/A
politik said:
I think you know very well Alcoholism is a social 'norm' in Australia. I've met people who drink before they get to the pub because they dont want to spend that much money while they're there. To which I ask; what does being drunk give a person? This is what I dont understand. What is with the dependence on getting smashed here in Australia? I havn't seen it/heard of it in the other countries i've visited over the years, so how can you deny it.
Ah, you're mistaken if you think that Australia is the only nation-state to exhibit some signs of excessive indulgence.

By the way, the above didn't 'prove' anything, depite what you may think.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
politik said:
I think you know very well Alcoholism is a social 'norm' in Australia. I've met people who drink before they get to the pub because they dont want to spend that much money while they're there. To which I ask; what does being drunk give a person? This is what I dont understand. What is with the dependence on getting smashed here in Australia? I havn't seen it/heard of it in the other countries i've visited over the years, so how can you deny it.
Everything's more fun when you're drunk.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
withoutaface said:
Everything's more fun when you're drunk.
LMAO except driving or getting pulled over by a police.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
SabtheLab said:
Then what starting point do you propose?
I can't propose any starting point. I'm not a scientist and I'm not acquainted with religion sufficiently to propose a solution to an unanswerable question. I'm just trying to say that people should be more tolerant.

And transcedent, thank you for exemplifying the narrowness my post was alluding to. Just as much as you think of their religion as a story, they might think of your science as an example of what they call 'miracles'. Hey... maybe we're all just talking about the same thing.

Notice how I use the third person... I'm more on less on your side if there was a war... so don't start jumping at me like I'm a suicide bomber.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I'm just trying to say that people should be more tolerant.
Should I be tolerant of someone whom claims they ARE jesus? or who claims they're an alien?

And transcedent, thank you for exemplifying the narrowness my post was alluding to. Just as much as you think of their religion as a story, they might think of your science as an example of what they call 'miracles'.
Well ok but we have physical evidence and are working with what provisional facts we can gather with no bias to discover the objective truth. Btw I replied to you a fair bit if u'll click ' http://community.boredofstudies.org/2272413-post1149.html ' :)

Last edited:

davin

HSC
N/A
science is a system of logic, religion is a belief system that relies on faith without proof. they're not the same at all.

And their you have it; that constitutes THE SMALL minority of individuals who have turned to crime; its not a matter of religion its a matter of bad migrational planning and discrimination in the workplace.
where was there discrimination? the stuff you said yourself was that the jobs were lost out to people with greater educational backgrounds.

banco55

HSC
The bad immigration planning came in allowing them into Australia in the first place. We should have taken more vietnamese or cambodians instead. On average they are much better immigrants.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
banco55 said:
The bad immigration planning came in allowing them into Australia in the first place. We should have taken more vietnamese or cambodians instead. On average they are much better immigrants.
Stupid, fucktart....
Immigration is when they "come by a boat".."illegally". Lebanese people "migrated" to australia, "legally".
This proves to me that you're one of those media whores, who only listens to the media... Lebanese people helped BUILD australia. Go look into the records of people who worked in the ford motor company, the bauxite mines, the uranium mines and brown coal mining. The majority of these people were lebanese, working in DANGEROUS conditions for "2 BOP", Now look at australias main exports?

As i said the discrimination was in the "unfair dissmisal", basically alot of men were replaced for machinery.... and they weren't even paid proper redundancy cheques.

Now you're comparing lebanese people to cambodian and vietnamese? Listen you imbecile we helped BUILD australia... so what if we have ONE bad generation in australia? The next generation will be as i am now... respectable, literate and nationalistic. With understanding for all people of different cultural and religious backgrounds.

Also... you've obviously never been the fairfield? canley vale? cabramatta? tell me that same shit you said now when you got a machete in your nose bitch....

We're all in the same position though... But in the next 20 years... we're all gonan be alright... cause at the end of the day... we gonna accept each others cultures... i got friends from all different backgrounds... and i dont ignore the differences... cause its the differences that make us special.

Enought with talking smack... get evidence... media whores....

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Immigration is when they "come by a boat".."illegally". Lebanese people "migrated" to australia, "legally".
I'm afraid immigration is actually just the process of a group of people from one area going to another area...

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=...icial&oi=defmore&defl=en&q=define:Immigration

As i said the discrimination was in the "unfair dissmisal", basically alot of men were replaced for machinery.... and they weren't even paid proper redundancy cheques.
That's not discrimination. It's a bad thing, yes, but you really need to stop throwing around these buzzwords that you don't seem to know the meaning of.

Also... you've obviously never been the fairfield? canley vale? cabramatta? tell me that same shit you said now when you got a machete in your nose bitch....
Temper Temper...

Last edited:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
You know what i meant.... even though i was taught thats the difference... blame the education system not me...

still... why dont you actually argue against the message of my argument? you always point out the things that have no relevance to the argument im making... you're an idiot... dont respond to my posts anymore unless you do so intelligently....

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
NtB, about the verse referring to everything coming from water: im pretty sure even you say that the first forms of life were amobae from WATER, and yes, muslims have developed a form of evolution, however it isnt like darwin's theories, since this one has ID incorporated into it. im pretty sure someone has already posted this up before. in fact, i am CERTAIN that somebody has said this, since this is the only forum i frequent involving islam and i have heard it on a forum.

(heh, sorry its a few pages too late, but these threads increase too rapidly)

davin

HSC
N/A
sam04u said:
You know what i meant.... even though i was taught thats the difference... blame the education system not me...

still... why dont you actually argue against the message of my argument? you always point out the things that have no relevance to the argument im making... you're an idiot... dont respond to my posts anymore unless you do so intelligently....
could we also stipulate you research the meaning of words before you use them?

how are we to debate your points when you mean things other than what you actually do say?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I'm sure you were also taught to be an independant learner and not just accept everything you're told as absolute fact.

still... why dont you actually argue against the message of my argument? you always point out the things that have no relevance to the argument im making...
I have no problem with the jist of your arguement, I'm pro-immigration and in favour of lowering barriers if you must know... I just disagree with you on some points you've made, and feel they are bad enough mistakes for me to comment.

you're an idiot... dont respond to my posts anymore unless you do so intelligently....
You don't know the meaning of the word 'immigration' something that I would of thought most Australians would have ingrained in their heads by now (you know, that's why they call the boat people illegal immigrants and not just... immigrants). Anyway, I dunno why you don't think I've replied to you intelligently, I've tried to and as far as my feable mind can comprehend I haven't done too bad of a job... oh well.

NtB, about the verse referring to everything coming from water: im pretty sure even you say that the first forms of life were amobae from WATER, and yes, muslims have developed a form of evolution, however it isnt like darwin's theories, since this one has ID incorporated into it.
I see so it's the, designer created evolution type of argument? That's what most modern christians use too... most. Darwins theories didn't discount this idea (it's impossible to discount a supernatural being), he simply didn't comment on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)