Muslim People in Australia (1 Viewer)

davin

HSC
N/A
culture is NOT the same as race in any way. Culture is the environment one lives and is raised in, whereas race is biological. I've got no problem with criticising someone on culture, but thats very different from judging on race, even though cultural groups often share a racial identity

HotShot

-_-
HSC
davin said:
culture is NOT the same as race in any way. Culture is the environment one lives and is raised in, whereas race is biological. I've got no problem with criticising someone on culture, but thats very different from judging on race, even though cultural groups often share a racial identity
race is basically where you from very very similar to culture. people recognise culture through race not vice versa! your indian -so you eat curry?
your aussie - so you ride kangaroos?

davin

HSC
N/A
but, there is a difference from discussing a culture, and discussing a race, and the two are not the same

also not sure why you bring aboriginals into it, but fair enough

Analyst

HSC
soha said:
yaaaay fo islam
Yaay for everyone who believes in any ideology but is also decent enough to respect others and not just criticise a certain Religious ideology becoz they think its fashion to do so. These days as I understand it, Islam bashing is a fashion and some so called intellectuals here just do it to feel "in".
I seriously think you kids should watch less TV and read more....

Analyst

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Because it's a belief over which they have full control, ie. that they choose to adhere to, which may cause them to want to perform certain actions that may be harmful to others.

It happens to everyone, all the time, really.

Those people are born with Australian nationality; if they 'renounce' it then clearly their ancestors are still convicts. Their ancestors' actions also occured more than two hundred years ago, and their actions (eg. stealing a loaf of bread) largely have no effect whatsoever on the world as it is now. How can you possibly compare religious fanaticism to having convict ancestry?
e

:) I think someones ancestors got mentioned there. Sorry I did not mean to hurt you or anyone else by saying that.

davin

HSC
N/A
I seriously think you kids should watch less TV and read more....
getting seriously tired of that getting thrown about as some sort of insult. personally speaking, at my most i watch an hour of tv a week, usually less.

Analyst

HSC
Good on you Davin, dont get "seriously tired"...it just the internet.

davin

HSC
N/A
realise that seriously tried is not the same as getting worked up over something. its just dull when its the same insults over and over again

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Analyst said:
But see "Not that Bright", this certainly is the issue at hand, why create the impression that the lady was just talking above, by showing Muslims and middle easterners when the issue of Immigrants to Australia arises on the media. Also just like you and I are free to choose whatever Religion/Theology we wanna believe in, why take the same right away by saying that people should not choose to be Muslims.... why? Freedom should be guaranteed to whoever is an Australian without religious categorization.
No one is saying you don't have the right to be a muslim or a christian or whatever, but when you start to associate yourself with a group / ideal or whatever... then you will be judged on that.

Analyst

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
No one is saying you don't have the right to be a muslim or a christian or whatever, but when you start to associate yourself with a group / ideal or whatever... then you will be judged on that.
Yeah you are right...I mean we do make opinions about other faiths and cultures, but to media-bash the lebanese for Cronulla is not the right way to judge. Judge everyone on their own beliefs and actions, not their fore-fathers or others who claim to be part of a group but do not conform.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Analyst said:
Yeah you are right...I mean we do make opinions about other faiths and cultures, but to media-bash the lebanese for Cronulla is not the right way to judge. Judge everyone on their own beliefs and actions, not their fore-fathers or others who claim to be part of a group but do not conform.
i thought the media was bashing the bogans more then anything.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
SashatheMan said:
i thought the media was bashing the bogans more then anything.
i dont where you livin. wake up and watch TEN NEWs- best news ever- oh what Ruseel Crowe threw a phone -lead story wow its so fuckin important its gonna change the world.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Well it's important to Australians to know about stuff that's going on with various celebrities, it's also good to take away from everything else in life. Would you rather news that is 24/7 outlining wars around the world, famine and disease? It's too upsetting.

davin

HSC
N/A
celebrity news doesn't belong in the actual news. there is positive news that happens that matters too.

Analyst

HSC
Yeah the Bogans...don't even start on that. Well, whatever the news focusses on should be constructive in a way.... I mean I remember a few months ago, Kylie Minogue's breasts were mentioned more on the news than any other event in Australia. I dont know why..... I mean cancer is natural....and it doesnt mean its the end of the world....... but why her so much??
I see the media here and BBC and believe me, there is a hell lot of difference. All our Aussie channels should get a one year training for them and then come back on air. The BBC treats all faiths and nationalities quite objectively.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I'm not fans of celebrities or whatever, I don't really care, but other people do, they care alot. Who am I to take away from their fun because I deem it unworthy?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)