Muslim People in Australia (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Generator, the nature of religion is far from advertising that -one Religions GOD, is the only one that exists.
You believe they all exist? Wow... like really believe that they all exist, based on you know... just your feelings... despite the fact that you have no evidence? I mean one God is quite a hard thing for me to grasp someone believing in, but believing in hundreds of contradicting gods? You're a special guy.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Ok i'll show you how I came up with it, this is good.

Seriously.. I find that one part of the message a little thought provoking and very disrespectful towards other peoples belief system.
Most people whom claim something has been disrespectful towards other people's belief systems... mean 'disrespectful towards MY belief system'. So I assume you're a believer of some sort angry over what that muslim said.

Generator then just points out that there are multiple religions, most of which compel you to believe in their god(s) and their god(s) only.

You reply by saying that no, religion is not about advertising that your god is the only one that exists (of course... just a silly claim).

So to point out how silly it is, I ask you whether you believe they all exist.

robo-andie

HSC
I have no problem with Muslim people in Australia.

The minority of Muslims who wish to abuse their religion and use it as a justification for trying to change our society or individuals/groups within it, should find a place more suited to their taste (as someone put it earlier). This applies to the variety of other groups who do the same thing.

It is simple, ANYONE who comes into a new country and wishes to live there, should be prepared to accept it in its entirety. Afterall, the country was glad to accept you for who you were. The relationship works both ways.

I have read a lot of negative posts about Muslims and their religion, I'd like someone to post something positive that doesn't devalue someone else. I personally don't know that much about the issue to do so.

I can add; that I feel the opportunity we as Australians have, to interact with numerous other cultures on a daily basis is often taken for granted. That being said, the benefit of Muslim subcultures within Australia would be their contribution to society in relation to its diversity.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Just asked for the quote which stated I believed in "100 contradicting Gods"
I read between the lines, using a little bit of intelligence to come up with a witty counter to that dumbass point you were making. I don't have a quote, don't need one either. If you have anything more to add to the discussion, then go ahead... I've pointed out that it's silly to say that religions don't promote the idea of 'my god is greater than your god', now what's your reply? That I'm stoopid?

i dont understand how muslims arent integrating in the society. as far as i see, the only ones that arent intergrating are the criminals, a small percentile. how are muslims different, they pray privatly different, and some wear headscarfs, and they worship in a mosque rather than a church. this doesnt seem to clash with any mainstream australian society..
do you want them to die their skin white, hair blonde, convert to christianity, and talk with an aussie accent?

garbagedump

HSC
N/A
agreed, katie it's more because some of ur stuff just does not make sense...not because it offends anyone as no one relli takes ur posts seriously

premer

HSC
ok... well correct me anyone who know, but im sure i remember my step dad [sheik may i add] saying that both christianity and islam believe in the same god, except the religions have gone seperate ways. Islam believe jesus was not the son of god and they are also utilitarian. Meaning that they believe the more good you do for the greater amount of people the better chance you have of going to heavan

terrorists dont do good, they go to hell.... people get that through your head they dont act for religion... at least islam religion anyway...

Zayd

HSC
HotShot said:
what load Of BS, religious people are the idiots, they follow books written centuries ago and have no relevance whatsoever now. they waste time praying when they could be doing something more useful.

"But it's quite unfair to overlook the things which the Western powers have done to these and other countries (specifically in East Asia, and Africa)."
what have they done? as far as i can see they are the only ones trying to fix the problems that exist there. they are the ones, spending money , volunteering and helping the problems of starvation in africa. whilst the muslims sit on there asses and complain about western society.

Just look at all the muslim nations, iran - wats it trying to do? i mean does it want ot have a war with america? look at syria? look at saudi arabia? if it wasnt for the oil, it would be piece shithole. Even then, if it wasnt for the western society buying oil from them, there would be no economy in the middle east.

u tell me, who is figting dirty NOW? at the current point of time?
i wonder what america's economy wud look like if there was no oil....

banco55

HSC
Zayd said:
i wonder what america's economy wud look like if there was no oil....
The Arabs have oil and with the exception of the UAE their economies are still crap. You have to be totally incompetent to have as much oil as Saudia Arabia has and have your gdp per capita remain so low.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
What the hell are you on about? I wonder what an middle east country's economy would look like if there was no oil.
U realise that america doesnt use its own oil resources, as it is aware of the upcoming shortage of the fuel. So instead it just consumes /buys oil from other countries and they buy excess quantities, and when the arabs reduce production the americans fill the gap.

So really without the american money, the arab states would be a shithole. THere is plenty of oil in america and other non-arab countries.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
HotShot said:
U realise that america doesnt use its own oil resources, as it is aware of the upcoming shortage of the fuel. So instead it just consumes /buys oil from other countries and they buy excess quantities, and when the arabs reduce production the americans fill the gap.

So really without the american money, the arab states would be a shithole. THere is plenty of oil in america and other non-arab countries.
Do you REALLY think that we need all the oil? Really?

banco55

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Do you REALLY think that we need all the oil? Really?
Who's we? Deduct oil exports from the economies of arab countries and you have your answer.

"GDP [Gross Domestic Product] in all Arab countries combined stood at $531.2 billion in 1999, less than that of a single middle-size European country, Spain, ($595.5 billion). Over the period 1975-1998, real GDP in the Arab world (in the geographically selective sense adopted here)[9] rose from $256.7 billion in 1975 to $445.7 billion in 1998 in constant prices. The average annual rate of growth over the period as a whole was 3.3 percent."

"Science and technology output is quantifiable and measurable in terms of the number of scientific papers per unit of population. The average output of the Arab world per million inhabitants is roughly 2 per cent of that of an industrialized country. While Arab scientific output more than doubled from 11 papers per million in 1985 to 26 papers per million in 1995, China's output increased eleven-fold from one paper per million inhabitants in 1981 to 11 papers per million in 1995. The Republic of Korea increased its output from 6 to 144 papers per million inhabitants over the same period. India's output, by contrast, barely changed over the period 1981-1995: its output increased from 17 publications per million inhabitants in 1981 to 19 per million in 1995."

"Growth in Arab countries has been seriously hampered by low and declining labor productivity. Low productivity is a major challenge for the region. According to World Bank data, GNP per worker in all Arab countries combined was less than half that of two comparator developing countries: Argentina and the Republic of Korea."

Keep up the good work.

http://www.meforum.org/article/513

Last edited:

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I didn't read HotShot's reply... but I think somewhere along the line we've gotten confused. Mine before his was:

We is western nations.
no my fault, wrong quote i was replying to zayd's comment and not urs. Just saying to him that america has enough oil in its own country, but its smart in that it buys of the middle east to avoid using their resources.

thats all.

premer

HSC
People, you are all talking about the economies of Arab nations. This discussion was intended towards your opinions of Middle Eastern people sharing our fine, democratic (with want for a better lie) nation. If you wonder why they are coming to our country, maybe the answer does lie, at least in part, in the struggling nations of the Middle East. To say that the Middle East needs America and its oil consumption is simply wrong. Considering that America buys oil from Iraq and then sells half of it to China for an almost criminally higher price is unfair. Because America has almost got a strangle hold on most of the middle east China are in a catch 22 situation, they need the oil desperately to continue productions, and they cant just waltz into Iraq or any other middle eastern nation and take it. And for the trivia buffs, China consumes more oil than the US. So for those naive enough to think that the Middle East is dependant on the US oil market, it is in fact the US who are dependant.

If a country is game enough to justify a war on a leader that killed 300 people in a massacre (That being Saddam) and then after finally capturing him and helping the war stricken nation by electing an American ally, then they are most probably dependant on the oil trade they can get. Personally, I don’t understand how you can justify basically a whole invasion with three simple and ill pronounced words, "We got 'em" (once again in reference to Saddam). How the American people, and the rest of you who believe the war was justified, or even O-K-ish, can condemn Saddam as a terrorist and an evil man is beyond me. Considering that George has killed thousands of innocent civilians through his little escapade to Iraq for some oil and a potential challenge in the next election. (After all if Arny can I’m sure Saddam would have had a pretty good chance himself.)
I believe the current global issues we all face as Australians, and in fact most of the world faces, could also be simplified and solved with three simple words, as derogatory as they may seem, "Fuck off Bush"...

Finally, for those still in a stint of confusion, it’s basically commonly known fact that America no-longer helps anyone else but themselves. Any benefit to other nations is a mere bi-product of their own bettering, unless in the case of satisfying John Howard’s brown nosing fantasies. I’m sure that the greatest help the US could do the rest of us is simply give us a break, be it through no longer dominating our media markets, no longer monopolizing our economy with franchises, no longer robbing our farmers with botched free trade agreements, no longer emptying the oil fields of nations already needing help, no longer controlling our so called 'Democracy', and finally, no longer placing us all in great, great fear of what is still to come. As Bush said, 'If history repeats itself, we can expect to see the same thing again'...

I say this time we learn from our mistakes, and stop the next Bush.

premer

HSC
HotShot said:
no my fault, wrong quote i was replying to zayd's comment and not urs. Just saying to him that america has enough oil in its own country, but its smart in that it buys of the middle east to avoid using their resources.
Did you just call America Smart? I think the term smart is thrown around a bit too much myself, but even so, its a finite occurence that someone makes the foe par of calling them Smart. A sad day indeed!

I dont think its smart, I think its greedy and wrong. After all they then condem China for doing the same thing with their Iron ore and aluminium resources. Stupid is a better word for the US. Maybe even hipocrytical, a word that most would be more reluctant to use in describing the US.

I wish they would just go away...

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
.... premer, i can believe you wrote that, but i cant believe i read all of it. not that i have any doubt in anything that you said in that post, its quite the opposite, and i would have added more, but i am talking about this issue enough as it is, and when i'm not talking about it i am listening about it >.<

HotShot

-_-
HSC
premer said:
Did you just call America Smart? I think the term smart is thrown around a bit too much myself, but even so, its a finite occurence that someone makes the foe par of calling them Smart. A sad day indeed!

I dont think its smart, I think its greedy and wrong. After all they then condem China for doing the same thing with their Iron ore and aluminium resources. Stupid is a better word for the US. Maybe even hipocrytical, a word that most would be more reluctant to use in describing the US.

I wish they would just go away...
U can still be smart and be greedy and wrong. From your perspective it is greedy and wrong from the americans its just Business. THats how the world is.

hypocritical , once again they are smar t and thats why they are the superpowers thats why they can do whatever they want and getaway with it. Btw all previous post was wrong.

Because America has almost got a strangle hold on most of the middle east China are in a catch 22 situation, they need the oil desperately to continue productions, and they cant just waltz into Iraq or any other middle eastern nation and take it. And for the trivia buffs, China consumes more oil than the US. So for those naive enough to think that the Middle East is dependant on the US oil market, it is in fact the US who are dependant.
U never do realise why they have stranglehold on the hold , or why cHina cant "waltz" in there and get the oil. Just thin k why they cant do it.

If a country is game enough to justify a war on a leader that killed 300 people in a massacre (That being Saddam) and then after finally capturing him and helping the war stricken nation by electing an American ally, then they are most probably dependant on the oil trade they can get. Personally, I don’t understand how you can justify basically a whole invasion with three simple and ill pronounced words, "We got 'em" (once again in reference to Saddam). How the American people, and the rest of you who believe the war was justified, or even O-K-ish, can condemn Saddam as a terrorist and an evil man is beyond me. Considering that George has killed thousands of innocent civilians through his little escapade to Iraq for some oil and a potential challenge in the next election. (After all if Arny can I’m sure Saddam would have had a pretty good chance himself.)
Saddam massacred more than 300 ppl, he order execution of thousands of ppl - he himself ordered it signed it. I never said the war is justified. But Saddam is not gud man, and justifying him is wrong. Saddam is by far worse than BUsh, jsut thnk how much power has Bush? and how much has he abused? not much.
AT leas tthe americans are trying to the fix problems, instead of just living with it. ITwill take time, but IRaq will be better place in the future.

just think of the soldiers giving up their time to help people. to protect the iraqi civilians, how american soldiers having died to help build IRAQ? - do they need to help them? they could have just left, and took the oil?

u only think about BUsh and his party, nothing else apart from that. Thin k of the american people. who are willing to risk their lives to help the iraqis. ITs not american that ws involved remember australia and britain and many other nations too.

U tell me, someone is trying to help you, but you in return give them hard time by kdinapping journalists, workers, soldiers etc - is that fair?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)