• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Muslim Students demands muslim ONLY Prayer room at RMIT (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Yeah , its really smart to trust an online source like wikipedia that any average Joe can edit..

Why are you denying that most of the mUslims causing trouble in this country and much of the world are of Arab descent?
Iran is a Persian nation, not Arabic. The Lebanese are likewise not Arabic and form a distinctive Near Eastern culture and ethnicity. Jeemah Islamiayah is Indonesian. Most of the Afghani Taliban are Pashtun, or from other such Central Asian tribes and backgrounds. Pakistanis are responsible for nearly all of the terrorist attacks in the Indian sub-continent to date, as well as several outside the region, such as the London Bombings in 2005.
Don't be a moron.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
90% of Arabs are Muslim.

Not all Muslims are terrorists but most terrorists are Muslim.
What the fuck? Google Rapoport and the Four Waves of Modern Terrorism. Only the fourth wave is religious, and even that's not entirely Islamic.

AppleNader

HSC
I've torn down every one of your last few posts you intellectual midget.

You didn't tear anything down, you just kept on repeating "please be smarter" but the irony is that your mom is the one that wears a rag on her head.

I do find it great however that most Australians are disgusted with Arab Muslims and discriminate against them..hahaha, try building another Islamic school in predominantly Anglo areas.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Well, they're Australian. No such thing as "Arab Australian".
Oh and Scissors don't be so naive. There's no such thing as "Australian". There's sure as fuck such a thing as an ethnic Arab, and it doesn't matter how much you mince words, genetics proves you wrong.

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
They want to be treated differently because they've been treated differently?

How about no. Buy your own block of land and put prayer rooms in it.

Scissors

HSC
Oh and Scissors don't be so naive. There's no such thing as "Australian". There's sure as fuck such a thing as an ethnic Arab, and it doesn't matter how much you mince words, genetics proves you wrong.
Well, I'm an Australian of Lebanese/Palestinian extraction, but I consider myself Australian since I was born here. Just because I look different to you, doesn't mean I'm not Australian.

I'm just as Australian as Mark the Bogan who lives down my road.

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
You didn't tear anything down, you just kept on repeating "please be smarter"
You have to read the text that comes before the part where I belittle your intelligence.

but the irony is that your mom is the one that wears a rag on her head.

I do find it great however that most Australians are disgusted with Arab Muslims and discriminate against them..hahaha, try building another Islamic school in predominantly Anglo areas.
irony definition | Dictionary.com
Ironic how ?

I'm so proud, I've been accused of being a Jew and a Muslim in the same week. Both times by :spzz:. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :).

I've helped you on your way to your next red box.

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
I'm sick of this discrimination against atheists. If they get a room to be religious, where's a room where I can rant about how retarded religion is?

HSC
Iran is a Persian nation, not Arabic. The Lebanese are likewise not Arabic and form a distinctive Near Eastern culture and ethnicity. Jeemah Islamiayah is Indonesian. Most of the Afghani Taliban are Pashtun, or from other such Central Asian tribes and backgrounds. Pakistanis are responsible for nearly all of the terrorist attacks in the Indian sub-continent to date, as well as several outside the region, such as the London Bombings in 2005.
Don't be a moron.
NO.
there have been numerous far right politcal entites that have caused attacks in India. Lets not get into the Shiv sena's and the Thacheray's of India.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Well, I'm an Australian of Lebanese/Palestinian extraction, but I consider myself Australian since I was born here. Just because I look different to you, doesn't mean I'm not Australian.

I'm just as Australian as Mark the Bogan who lives down my road.
I'm not denying that. You're probably more patriotic than me, and I can trace my ancestory back to the First Fleet.
But the term "Australian" refers more to geographic position and one's patriotic loyalties rather than any ethnic label. So using the term "Arab" in the same sentence as "Australian" is pointless, as they refer to completely different things.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
Yeah, but is that Anglo-Saxon Australians, Arab Australians or what? The term "Australian" is far too ambiguous to be used here, as it may well be that the majority of those "Australians" are simply Arabs who have assimilated and accepted their new Australian identity.
exactly

HSC
Being Arab is an ethnicity. Being Australian is a nationality.

There is a difference you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)