Muslims not welcome to buy Hanson's home (1 Viewer)

pakilicious

HSC
Former One Nation leader Pauline Hanson's Queensland home remains on the market, but not for everyone.

Muslim buyers, for example, aren't welcome.

Ms Hanson, who has put up for sale her million-dollar property in Coleyville, southwest of Brisbane, announced she was moving to Britain earlier this year.

Her hardline views on race sparked a national debate over immigration policy and Aboriginal disadvantage from the time she entered parliament in 1996 at the same election that made John Howard prime minister.

While taking the Seven Network's Sunrise program on a recent tour of her home, she said she would not allow certain members of the Australian community to purchase the property.

Asked if Asians were welcome to express interest in the property, Ms Hanson said she would not sell the home to an Asian who lived overseas.

But she had no problem with selling the property to "an Australian who is of Asian background".

"No problems whatsoever," she said.

Asked if she would be prepared to sell the property to a Muslim, she said no.

"Because I don't believe that they are compatible with our way of life, our culture.

"And I think we are going to have problems with them in this country further down the track, so I have no intention of selling my home to a Muslim."

Ms Hanson's interview with Sunrise will be broadcast on Wednesday morning.

HSC
Glad she is fucking off to britain, she is in no fucking way worthy of being labelled an aussie.
I really hope someone punches her, and throws acid in her face LOL
P.S Doesnt mean very much, coming from an EXTREMELY filthy/ugly slut, that hasent experienced a dick.. in what? 30 years? and hasent been loved since.. what 50 years?

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
What does she care, she's not even going to live in Australia any more...

What a stupid, stupid woman.

HSC
Do you guys think Pauline is aware of England's large Muslim population?

Last edited:

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
but if she sold the place to muslims, the local property value of the area will drop so if the muslims want to sell they will be losing money, why would she not want that for muslims?

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
I'm not really sure if it's newsworthy.

Not that I agree with her position, but I wouldn't say it is overtly racist. Why? Well, Islam is a religion that is adopted by people of all races. Unless she specifies, there is nothing here that is inherently against ethnicity. She simply disagrees with their values and philosophy and sees the sale of her property as a mechanism for allowing their ideology to spread- this is the debatable point and while I'm sure most of you disagree with her, it is her right to hold it.

Property owners have the right to discriminate in private sales on various grounds (religion/non-religion/ethical positions/even say the future occupants sexuality). Whether we agree is completely another issue.

For example-

Would you be surprised, not just in Australia but in a devoutly Islamic country if a Muslim family refused sale to a devout family of another faith? Is it impossible to conceive a variety of situations where the religious could refuse sale to a person because they may be a "homosexual" or even simply an atheist.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not really sure if it's newsworthy.

Not that I agree with her position, but I wouldn't say it is overtly racist. Why? Well, Islam is a religion that is adopted by people of all races. Unless she specifies, there is nothing here that is inherently against ethnicity. She simply disagrees with their values and philosophy and sees the sale of her property as a mechanism for allowing their ideology to spread- this is the debatable point and while I'm sure most of you disagree with her, it is her right to hold it.

Property owners have the right to discriminate in private sales on various grounds (religion/non-religion/ethical positions/even say the future occupants sexuality). Whether we agree is completely another issue.

For example-

Would you be surprised, not just in Australia but in a devoutly Islamic country if a Muslim family refused sale to a devout family of another faith? Is it impossible to conceive a variety of situations where the religious could refuse sale to a person because they may be a "homosexual" or even simply an atheist.
I think the fact that most muslims aren't white contributes to her hatred.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
In the end though, it would depend on Pauline's economic rationality.

If demand was high, she could afford to price discriminate against Muslims (I personally admit that I would for similar reasons against evangelical Christians if they were buying my property). If demand was low and she needs to sell, she may have to weigh up whether her political/ethical position is > or < the benefits of a sale (this presumes that there was some demand and it was from a Muslim family).

Pauline did say "she wouldn't sell" which I presume means "at all". I wouldn't personally agree with this, but it is her right to do so. It may seem irrational but if within her psychology she sees her political cause>gain from a sale to a Muslim then it is a rational decision for her.

In my own example, I would for instance penalise an evangelical family (say fresh from the US) if they were interested in my property (for perhaps even religious reasons- say they wanted to establish a ministry) because I want to do all within my power to limit their expansion into Australia, but I wouldn't rule out a sale: everyone has their price. It would again depend on D & S.

Last edited:

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
I think the fact that most muslims aren't white contributes to her hatred.
That may be true, but it isn't explicit in the article. I interpreted it as more to do with her hatred of their ideology. Not that I like Hanson, but Asians are not Caucasian and she stated that she would not have problem selling to Australian Asians.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
What do you mean Pauline Hanson hates non-whites?

This is certainly fresh, current news.

Lentern

HSC
That may be true, but it isn't explicit in the article. I interpreted it as more to do with her hatred of their ideology. Not that I like Hanson, but Asians are not Caucasian and she stated that she would not have problem selling to Australian Asians.
There's no doubt she's become more tactful than the boneheaded member for Oxley which caused shockwaves all those years ago but the fundamental flaw which she retains is this notion that we can broadly pick the good people from the bad by what colour their skin is or what god they believe in.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
There's no doubt she's become more tactful than the boneheaded member for Oxley which caused shockwaves all those years ago but the fundamental flaw which she retains is this notion that we can broadly pick the good people from the bad by what colour their skin is or what god they believe in.
I don't disagree.

I don't look at a persons race or their skin colour, everyone is a member of the homo sapien species.

But I do care for a person's ideology- which doesn't fit in as nicely with your second point about what god they believe in. I agree that it is frivolous to instantly judge a person based on their stated religion, I do however think that by simply stating one they are already characterising themselves as part of a wider ideology with specific values and philosophical standpoints- some I incidently do dislike.

If that was Hanson's only reason for discriminating I would support her decision- though as you have evidenced, she is clearly more concerned with the colour of skin in which case I think she is an idiot.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)