Muslims not welcome to buy Hanson's home (2 Viewers)

HSC
ummm...im talking about the doctors i go to...the ones there...i dont see them as ive seen them before and theyre hopeless...

and im talking about ones that have migrated here in their 30s/40s...i have no problem with australian ones...

and your generalisation about anglos not caring about education is stupid...say for eg. most builders are europeans...being anglo, italian...whatever...but that is an important job...just as important as being a doctor...

PS my dad never went to uni and he has done pretty well for himself

edit: PPS...what was that fucked up dr's name, the one in queensland? lol...patel?
Try using something other than an ellipsis to show you are pausing. I mean, there are so many to choose from - comma, semi-colon, full stop. Surely that ellipsis needs some work-life balance.

S

Slide

oh god this guy is terrible. I dont even know where to start but he'll just keep pushing his erroneous points

omgd.

HSC
N/A
dr patel...the guy who was arrested in the usa...cuz of malpractice suits here...anyway i didnt say that indians have only that to offer...the guy was saying that they come here for skilled labour...and i just said that taxi driving isnt skilled labour...

and what is "australian"? im assuming you mean anglos...so if you say things like that will you ever assume to be accepted in this country?...and living the good life?...i dunno but working as a doctor doesnt sound like fun...and making a lot of money has shown not to equal happiness...

and "australians" you have met?...u dont get out of the bangladeshi community much?
How else am i meant to distinguish between the two ? its irritating writing anglo saxon over n over again. australian just comes much easier. But youd be surprised to know im actually accepted quite well. Im quite friendly face to face n talk to anyone regardless of where theyre from so feeling accepted isnt really a problem for me. However, when i hear people brag about this country and tell other nash's to get out, that really hits a nerve. Because as that film so very well put it, you either came here as convicts in chains or as fobs in planes, so no one should be doing any bragging or telling anyone to get out.

I lived in Canberra for 4 years ( 03- 06 ) and it is all australian there. I can tell you now i have a pretty good idea of the ' aussie ' culture/lifestyle. Its pretty homogeneous. Like i said, most of my ' assumptions ' as you like to call it, has been based on experiences.

Oh & the medical profession is a very satisfying/fulfilling profession. And even if youre bored at work, you have to work half the hours and can make double what you would in labour and have enough time to spend with the ones you love doing what you love. Tht being said, i dont like anyone that goes into medicine for money. It in itself is quite enjoyable. You meet so many different kinds of people, and can help people with their most intimate problems. It carries a lot of trust and responsibility which anyone would be happy to have, i think anyway.

Last edited:

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
How else am i meant to distinguish between the two ? its irritating writing anglo saxon over n over again. australian just comes much easier. But youd be surprised to know im actually accepted quite well. Im quite friendly face to face n talk to anyone regardless of where theyre from so feeling accepted isnt really a problem for me. However, when i hear people brag about this country and tell other nash's to get out, that really hits a nerve. Because as that film so very well put it, you either came here as convicts in chains or as fobs in planes, so no one should be doing any bragging or telling anyone to get out.

I lived in Canberra for 4 years ( 03- 06 ) and it is all australian there. I can tell you now i have a pretty good idea of the ' aussie ' culture/lifestyle. Its pretty homogeneous. Like i said, most of my ' assumptions ' as you like to call it, has been based on experiences.
ummm...my family tree in australia...maybe 1 person goes as far back as the first fleet era...

lol...and bangladeshis go to temple, are strict and eat curry from what ive seen...or am i making an assumption? lol...

the same amount of asians drink and sleep around as europeans...so you cant claim only one race does it...

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
Oh & the medical profession is a very satisfying/fulfilling profession. And even if youre bored at work, you have to work half the hours and can make double what you would in labour and have enough time to spend with the ones you love doing what you love. Tht being said, i dont like anyone that goes into medicine for money. It in itself is quite enjoyable. You meet so many different kinds of people, and can help people with their most intimate problems. It carries a lot of trust and responsibility which anyone would be happy to have, i think anyway.
the pharmaceutical business is all for money...you have to be kidding yourself if you dont believe that...

S

Slide

I just wanna ask, how far your arts degree has taken you ? and Why you're now getting into law. Possibly because arts has not many career opportunities associated with it, and is pretty much a pointless course? See our parents would probably tell us that to save us wasting 3 years. So wed probably make a compromise of some sort, ie: combined degree.[/quote]

I did an internship with the department of justice.

I also won a $6000 scholarship to work overseas for a month at a think tank

All law students do two degrees, I merely decided to go graduate law over combined law; the net outcome is that same.

I loved my undergraduate degree a lot but i knew at the end that I would be facing academia (i had the grades to do hons, and phd) or some kind of govt public servant (which wasn't really my thing). I think you should just study something you enjoy and you will eventually find your niche.

And yes asian parents do force their kids into medicine, just about every asian/indian student in my hsc classes sat the umat. Don't tell me they all unequivocally wanted to do med because they were passionate vs parental pressure.

If you consider university to be some kind of glorified trade school that only exists to give people their certifications you're missing the whole point of academia. No subject is inherently less 'useless' as anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
I just wanna ask, how far your arts degree has taken you ? and Why you're now getting into law. Possibly because arts has not many career opportunities associated with it, and is pretty much a pointless course? See our parents would probably tell us that to save us wasting 3 years. So wed probably make a compromise of some sort, ie: combined degree.
I did an internship with the department of justice.

I also won a $6000 scholarship to work overseas for a month at a think tank

All law students do two degrees, I merely decided to go graduate law over combined law; the net outcome is that same.

I loved my undergraduate degree a lot but i knew at the end that I would be facing academia (i had the grades to do hons, and phd) or some kind of govt public servant (which wasn't really my thing). I think you should just study something you enjoy and you will eventually find your niche.

And yes asian parents do force their kids into medicine, just about every asian/indian student in my hsc classes sat the umat. Don't tell me they all unequivocally wanted to do med because they were passionate vs parental pressure.
indians are asian...

S

Slide

omgd sounds like a highschooler, but is so so ignorant.

It's quite sad really he/she can't consider the views of others and then refutes them with crap that had nothing to do with the intent of the original statments.

omgd.

HSC
N/A
omgd sounds like a highschooler, but is so so ignorant.

It's quite sad really he/she can't consider the views of others and then refutes them with crap that had nothing to do with the intent of the original statments.
Are you really saying this ? lol. I havent seen you refute to any of my so called ' crap ' aside from the comment about arts which i see has hit a nerve. wonder why.

and fyi no im not a med student im a law student just like u. my parents wouldve preferred that i do med, but everyone parents have something they want their kids to do, ultimately however, they told me to do what i want, i had the marks for both but ive always liked law. does that answer your question ? or are you going to justify my answer with some random theory you pull out of ur ass ?

omgd.

HSC
N/A
ummm...my family tree in australia...maybe 1 person goes as far back as the first fleet era...

lol...and bangladeshis go to temple, are strict and eat curry from what ive seen...or am i making an assumption? lol...

the same amount of asians drink and sleep around as europeans...so you cant claim only one race does it...
I really dont know what youre talking about anymore :S Bangladeshis only go to the temple if theyre hindu, which is only 10% of Bangladesh. But i dont see how this is relevant to anything we were talking about ? And uhm yes we eat curry just like asians eat rice and you eat mashed potatoes and peas. Whats your point ? ( And yes i am aware of the huge stereotype there... i have no idea where youre going with this ? )

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
Are you really saying this ? lol. I havent seen you refute to any of my so called ' crap ' aside from the comment about arts which i see has hit a nerve. wonder why.

and fyi no im not a med student im a law student just like u. my parents wouldve preferred that i do med, but everyone parents have something they want their kids to do, ultimately however, they told me to do what i want, i had the marks for both but ive always liked law. does that answer your question ? or are you going to justify my answer with some random theory you pull out of ur ass ?
maybe because im an "australian"...even though my mums english...my parents never wanted me/forced me to do anything i didnt want to do...

maybe european culture is different :S

omgd.

HSC
N/A
the pharmaceutical business is all for money...you have to be kidding yourself if you dont believe that...
Getting into medicine isnt a piece of cake. No one would give half their youth away slaving away for a course they have no passion in. If it generates money thats just a benefit that comes with it, but you cant think all med students only do med for the money. Money isnt enough motivation. But again, totally besides the point. I have no idea where youre going with this either. It seem as though now youre pick pointing every tiny thing to make a point n prove me wrong somehow or something, because youve completely lost the plot of this discussion, if thats what it even is.

omgd.

HSC
N/A
Anyways you guys im out. Long story short. Dont make generalizations. Theres good and bad people in every country and every religion. You cant look at one person or a minority and judge everyone else the same way.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
Getting into medicine isnt a piece of cake. No one would give half their youth away slaving away for a course they have no passion in. If it generates money thats just a benefit that comes with it, but you cant think all med students only do med for the money. Money isnt enough motivation. But again, totally besides the point. I have no idea where youre going with this either. It seem as though now youre pick pointing every tiny thing to make a point n prove me wrong somehow or something, because youve completely lost the plot of this discussion, if thats what it even is.
lol lost the plot...no...i was just telling you that medicine is a business, and you are unwise to think not...but i dont want to get into "conspiracy theories"....i was just letting you know...

omgd.

HSC
N/A
maybe because im an "australian"...even though my mums english...my parents never wanted me/forced me to do anything i didnt want to do...

maybe european culture is different :S
Im not saying forced, im saying everyone will have dreams for their kids, that doesnt necessarily mean youll force them into living out your dreams ( this is what slide seems to think ). Surely youd prefer your kids to get into a line of profession that you respect rather than becoming a garbage man or a hooker ? ( extreme example, but generally highlights the idea)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)