muslims prove they're not backwards lunatics; leaglise child marriage (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

buriza

conviction
HSC
What do you mean what does "religion" not explicitly prohibit?

If by religion you mean your layman willy-nilly flick through the Bible/Qur'an, then that is a very weak religion.

But if by religion you mean an entire Orthodoxy built upon the Qur'an and Sunnah, then you will find a source for law in every single aspect of human life, falling into 5 categories:

Prohibited, Disliked, Permissible, Recommended, Compulsory.

If you believe that you can stray away from the orthodoxy, then you have created a heterodoxy and this is condemned in the Qur'an and Sunnah.
refer to Kiraken's post

but yes I suppose "layman willy-nilly flick through the Bible/Qur'an" could be applicable as well, in the way that one's religion is what they decide to make of it. and if they end up twisting a religion to their own advantage then it is not a true reflection of such a religion, hence conflict arising

with that said I am glad the concept of a heterodoxy is condemned in the Qur'an

the main problem with the Qu'ran and laws like these is that it's not about what is in the Qu'ran, it is about what it is missing.

For example, paedophilia is never endorsed or encouraged in the Qu'ran however the issue is that it never explicitly prohibits it either, which means that people can take advantage of it as "legal". Imo this says less about the immorality of Islam and more about how certain people take advantage of what is missing to do unethical things for their own self interest

I guess the case for these people is that they are so dependent on their religion that they assume it is the be all and end all and common sense things not covered in the Qu'ran don't apply, which is quite frankly stupid

Last edited:

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
refer to Kiraken's post
Responded to in my post

but yes I suppose "layman willy-nilly flick through the Bible/Qur'an" could be applicable as well, in the way that one's religion is what they decide to make of it. and if they end up twisting a religion to their own advantage then it is not a true reflection of such a religion, hence conflict arising
How would it be applicable if by your own statement this would not be a true reflection of the religion?
e.g. The Ahmadiyya community consider themselves Muslims, but they aren't.

buriza

conviction
HSC
How would it be applicable if by your own statement this would not be a true reflection of the religion?
e.g. The Ahmadiyya community consider themselves Muslims, but they aren't.
I meant that I was agreeing with your thought that a "layman willy-nilly flick through the Bible/Qur'an" would be a very weak religion because it would be one easily manipulated by an individual to conform to their own motives, such as a sense of self-assurance/righteousness

for example (I don't really know if this is a good example), one could manipulate Christianity into having them believe they can continually commit sins, dishonestly repent and still be delivered to Heaven

Last edited:

Anna Wintour

HSC
N/A
They (people of the book, meaning Jews and Christians) disbelieve in Allah and confound truth with falsehood (3:70-3:71). Christians lie when they talk about the son of God (18:4-5).

Jesus taught them compassion and mercy in the Gospels, but Christians turned to monasticism…many of them are evil-livers (57:27).

Fight against them, kill, convert, or subdue them and (only if it is beneficial to Islam) force them to pay a tax that Muslims do not have to pay (9:29-35). If they refuse to pay, kill them. (Other option is slavery).

Non-Muslims are condemned to hell/cursed/doomed/bad/evil/turned into swine or apes, etc. (2:61, 4:48, 4:50, 4:116, 4:47-52, 4:55, 4:157, 4:160, 5:12-5:13, 5:37, 5:51, 5:53, 5:59-60, 5:72-73, 5:79, 9:29-35, 18:52, 33:26, 59:14, 98:1).

Jews will face Allah’s wrath because they made friendships with those who disbelieve (5:80).

Must convert to Allah only, or else be doomed (2:62-65, 3:85). Note that 3:85 refers explicitly to the Islamic religion as the “Surrender.” Jews are wrong-doers who will face a painful doom unless they believe in Allah (4:160-161).

He who ascribes partners to Allah is lost, as if a bird has snatched him out of the air and taken him away (22:31)

Mohammad (Allah) says Jews look ugly and they are foolish (62:5). Jews are greedy (2:91), and are evil-livers (5:59).

Allah will mock Christians when they burn in Hell, asking them Where are your partners now? (40:73).

Priests and Rabbis do “evil work” (5:63). Many Jews guilty of evil conduct (5:81). Jews act like Christians when they are around Christians (5:82).

Some of them (people of the scripture) are believers, but most of them are evil-livers (3:110), wretchedness is upon them because they disbelieved, slew the prophets wrongfully, were rebellious and transgressed (3:112).

Muslims won’t get hurt fighting them (the people of the book), who will turn and flee and afterwards will not be helped (3:111)

The Jews and Christians flung the scripture behind their backs and gained evil (3:187)

Christians and Jews who disbelieve scripture are the worst creatures in Allah’s sight (98:6) and will receive hell-fire.

Idolaters are unclean (9:28). Turn away from idolaters (6:106). Don’t pray for idolaters (9:113). Let the idolaters kill their own children (6:137).

Afridi25

HSC
N/A
They (people of the book, meaning Jews and Christians) disbelieve in Allah and confound truth with falsehood (3:70-3:71). Christians lie when they talk about the son of God (18:4-5).

Jesus taught them compassion and mercy in the Gospels, but Christians turned to monasticism…many of them are evil-livers (57:27).

Fight against them, kill, convert, or subdue them and (only if it is beneficial to Islam) force them to pay a tax that Muslims do not have to pay (9:29-35). If they refuse to pay, kill them. (Other option is slavery).

Non-Muslims are condemned to hell/cursed/doomed/bad/evil/turned into swine or apes, etc. (2:61, 4:48, 4:50, 4:116, 4:47-52, 4:55, 4:157, 4:160, 5:12-5:13, 5:37, 5:51, 5:53, 5:59-60, 5:72-73, 5:79, 9:29-35, 18:52, 33:26, 59:14, 98:1).

Jews will face Allah’s wrath because they made friendships with those who disbelieve (5:80).

Must convert to Allah only, or else be doomed (2:62-65, 3:85). Note that 3:85 refers explicitly to the Islamic religion as the “Surrender.” Jews are wrong-doers who will face a painful doom unless they believe in Allah (4:160-161).

He who ascribes partners to Allah is lost, as if a bird has snatched him out of the air and taken him away (22:31)

Mohammad (Allah) says Jews look ugly and they are foolish (62:5). Jews are greedy (2:91), and are evil-livers (5:59).

Allah will mock Christians when they burn in Hell, asking them Where are your partners now? (40:73).

Priests and Rabbis do “evil work” (5:63). Many Jews guilty of evil conduct (5:81). Jews act like Christians when they are around Christians (5:82).

Some of them (people of the scripture) are believers, but most of them are evil-livers (3:110), wretchedness is upon them because they disbelieved, slew the prophets wrongfully, were rebellious and transgressed (3:112).

Muslims won’t get hurt fighting them (the people of the book), who will turn and flee and afterwards will not be helped (3:111)

The Jews and Christians flung the scripture behind their backs and gained evil (3:187)

Christians and Jews who disbelieve scripture are the worst creatures in Allah’s sight (98:6) and will receive hell-fire.

Idolaters are unclean (9:28). Turn away from idolaters (6:106). Don’t pray for idolaters (9:113). Let the idolaters kill their own children (6:137).
FROM THE BIBLE:

Anyone who dreams or prophesizes anything that is against God, or anyone who tries to turn you from God, is to be put to death. (Deuteronomy 13:5)

If anyone, even your own family suggests worshipping another God, kill them. (Deuteronomy 13:6-10)

If you find out a city worships a different god, destroy the city and kill all of it's inhabitants... even the animals. (Deuteronomy 13:12-15)

Kill anyone with a different religion. (Deuteronomy 17:2-7)

Don't wear clothes made of more than one fabric (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't cut your hair nor shave. (Leviticus 19:27)

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed. (Leviticus 20:9) Have you ever done that?

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die. (Leviticus 20:10).

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death. (Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death. (Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed. (Leviticus 20:15-16). I guess you should kill the animal since they were willing participants.

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death. (Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake. (Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community. (Leviticus 24:14-16)

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man. She must be quiet." (1 Timothy 2:12)

"Go, now, attack Amalek, and deal with him and all that he has under the ban. Do not spare him, but kill men and women, children and infants, oxen and sheep, camels and asses." (1 Samuel 15:3)

"Wives should be subordinate to their husbands as to the Lord." (Ephesians 5:22)

"Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse." (1 Peter 2:18)

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19

But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Deuteronomy 13:7-12

If even then you remain hostile toward me and refuse to obey, I will inflict you with seven more disasters for your sins. I will release wild animals that will kill your children and destroy your cattle, so your numbers will dwindle and your roads will be deserted. (Leviticus 26:21-22

The list goes on and on and on.

Islam religion of savages huh? Have a look at Christianity through these biblical verses and then tell me Christianity ain't a savage religion.

You give me 10 'bad' quotes from the Quran, I give you 50 more from the Bible.

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
FROM THE BIBLE:

Anyone who dreams or prophesizes anything that is against God, or anyone who tries to turn you from God, is to be put to death. (Deuteronomy 13:5)

If anyone, even your own family suggests worshipping another God, kill them. (Deuteronomy 13:6-10)

If you find out a city worships a different god, destroy the city and kill all of it's inhabitants... even the animals. (Deuteronomy 13:12-15)

Kill anyone with a different religion. (Deuteronomy 17:2-7)

Don't wear clothes made of more than one fabric (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't cut your hair nor shave. (Leviticus 19:27)

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed. (Leviticus 20:9) Have you ever done that?

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die. (Leviticus 20:10).

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death. (Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death. (Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed. (Leviticus 20:15-16). I guess you should kill the animal since they were willing participants.

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death. (Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake. (Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community. (Leviticus 24:14-16)

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man. She must be quiet." (1 Timothy 2:12)

"Go, now, attack Amalek, and deal with him and all that he has under the ban. Do not spare him, but kill men and women, children and infants, oxen and sheep, camels and asses." (1 Samuel 15:3)

"Wives should be subordinate to their husbands as to the Lord." (Ephesians 5:22)

"Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse." (1 Peter 2:18)

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19

But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Deuteronomy 13:7-12

If even then you remain hostile toward me and refuse to obey, I will inflict you with seven more disasters for your sins. I will release wild animals that will kill your children and destroy your cattle, so your numbers will dwindle and your roads will be deserted. (Leviticus 26:21-22

The list goes on and on and on.

Islam religion of savages huh? Have a look at Christianity through these biblical verses and then tell me Christianity ain't a savage religion.

Please don't do that,

Anna Wintour is a homosexual atheist

Also there is no need to respond to this, if you actually check some of the references then you will find what the verse actually says. But it is not actually a rebuttal to say "here look at the Bible".

But of course non-Muslims who see the message of Islam in its pure form and willingly reject it will face the fire of hell with the will of Allah (swt).

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
lol the koran is pretty much old testament + new testement + koran. not really good at one upping christians now innit. I don't really care about the words of a religion, just the action of their followers. Imagine if the catholic church instead of hiding the child abuse but theologically backs it.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
lol the koran is pretty much old testament + new testement + koran. not really good at one upping christians now innit. I don't really care about the words of a religion, just the action of their followers. Imagine if the catholic church instead of hiding the child abuse but theologically backs it.
lol

In many Catholic schools, they tried to hide in the 90s, until people started fessing up about what was happening. Then people started getting prosecuted decades later.

Anna Wintour

HSC
N/A
FROM THE BIBLE:

The difference is that in the past christians did have an absolute literalist interpretation of the bible

THEY WERE CALLED THE DARK AGES

Anna Wintour

HSC
N/A
In that case, the Dark Ages still prevail in large areas of the USA.
actually they dont because the united states actually allows the people to a bill of rights that prevents things like the arbitrary stoning of people or that the evidentiary value of a woman's testimony is half that of a mans

braintic

HSC
N/A
actually they dont because the united states actually allows the people to a bill of rights that prevents things like the arbitrary stoning of people or that the evidentiary value of a woman's testimony is half that of a mans
I was merely using your definition of the Dark Ages as a time when "christians did have an absolute literalist interpretation of the bible".
By that definition alone, my statement is correct.

fatassmcfat

HSC
You say 'lots of Muslims support terrorism etc' but I bet you can never in real life actually find a single Muslim who will tell you that. Muslims are just as embarrassed and hateful about these actions as you non Muslims are. Why would we believe in something which ultimately oppresses us and our own families? Why would Muslims support child marriages, if they knew their own children would one day be the victim? Obviously these weirdo things that happen in Muslim dominant countries are not from 'Islam' in the pure way but mostly from the massive amount of stupid leaders+ old culture controlling the country in the Middle East/ Indian region (which happen to have most Muslims). You never see somebody being the victim of an acid attack in Indonesia, even though Indonesian Muslims tend to adhere more to Islam than other groups

You also say the reason why Western Muslims are not retarded is due to the 'enlightened white man'- I agree to an extent because it IS the culture/patriarchally way of thinking in those Middle East/Indian countries which lead to a distorted version of 'Islam', however you shouldnt be putting 'white' and 'Islam' as binary opposites in the first place. Actually the 'pure' Islam and 'pure' modern Western thinking (mainly the idea of liberation and equality) are very weirdly compatible, however there are many obvious times where Western thinking was corrupt and wrong as well. If you understood the context of Prophet Muhammad Peace Be Upon Him's (Peace Be Upon Him) time, they used to have black slaves since you know blacks have been oppressed through all history. But in the Prophet PBUH last sermon he said 'All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action'. How amazing is that, when you just think of the context of the time.....and it was only 50 years ago in so called 'advanced' Western society did we give equal rights to black people

Ok I think I strayed off topic too much, what I mean to say I guess is that this perception of Islam you hold is not Islamy Islam, it is distorted Islam. If you genuinely have the desire to learn about Islam then read the Quran (not Wikislam or some corrupt online site), or visit a mosque. Howevs I have the feeling people target and question these things, not intention to truly learn, but just to vent their anger and show off 'knowledge' ..but at the end of the day if you want to be arrogant and hold onto old beliefs without confronting the true source (i.e. Quran, Hadith) then you are equally as blind as those religious extremists who live off the distorted image of religion presented by their leaders, without questioning

Over n out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)