• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Mx2 hsc 2010 (1 Viewer)

iStudent

HSC
There's probably already like 5 people in this thread who knew how to do the whole question (myself included :p). Are you sure only a few people in the whole STATE got that question? (but obviously it's different under exam conditions. Still.... I thought there would be at least around a hundred peeps who got it...)

mreditor16

HSC
There's probably already like 5 people in this thread who knew how to do the whole question (myself included :p). Are you sure only a few people in the whole STATE got that question? (but obviously it's different under exam conditions. Still.... I thought there would be at least around a hundred peeps who got it...)
I agree with you overall sentiment. but maybe 100 is too much of a stretch. maybe 50....

aDimitri

i'm the cook
HSC
looking at the Q now i can do all 15 marks fairly easily but when i did it under timed conditions i only got through 12/15 (couldn't get part a and my time ran out during part i, but i did part j before hand).
so although 5 or 6 doesn't seem like much i wouldn't expect it to be more than 10 because the majority of the people who should have been able to do it wouldn't have gotten out all 15 marks in the time limit, the rest of the paper was also pretty long.

HSC
looking at the Q now i can do all 15 marks fairly easily but when i did it under timed conditions i only got through 12/15 (couldn't get part a and my time ran out during part i, but i did part j before hand).
so although 5 or 6 doesn't seem like much i wouldn't expect it to be more than 10 because the majority of the people who should have been able to do it wouldn't have gotten out all 15 marks in the time limit, the rest of the paper was also pretty long.
I agree.

I just did the last question myself, not too hard. Its actually a "cool" question. I also got 12. Imo, looks scary, but the fact the question guides you through it makes it easier.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
If there are a hundred people who could get it, there would be 100 state-rank potential candidates.

Fade1233

HSC
N/A
the average at a top 5 selective school for that question was 1.9 out of 15.

source = teacher at that school
Too much troll. That question was nothing compared to boredofstudies paper. It should have been an easy 15. When I see and induction question I get hyped up and no matter what it is I dont leave it till I dont do it but yeh I have seen much harder ones.

Last edited:

iStudent

HSC
If there are a hundred people who could get it, there would be 100 state-rank potential candidates.
That question felt really straightforward though. Thought it was easier than other years (although, they do say the newer papers are easier).
There were a LOT of hand holds guiding you through every step too. Or maybe it's just me.

Fade1233

HSC
N/A
That question felt really straightforward though. Thought it was easier than other years (although, they do say the newer papers are easier).
There were a LOT of hand holds guiding you through every step too. Or maybe it's just me.
True. They spoonfed us the answers yet they call it MX2

dunjaaa

HSC
Then again, there are multiple ways of proving that result lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)