Mx2 hsc 2010 (1 Viewer)

Luckytree

HSC
Hey guys :D, I just did the last question for 2010 hsc ext 2 paper and I was wondering a) what the average mark people would have gotten and b) how many people (roughly) would have gotten 15/15 or maybe even 14/15?

Thanks in advance :D

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
not many in general.

iirc that was the one with the funny integrals and inequalities? I think i got like 4/15 for that

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
About five or six people at most would have gotten 14/15 or full marks.

The state rank cut-off was lower that year compared to others.

dunjaaa

HSC
If your strong at integration and can deduce inequalities, then it should be a piece of cake :)

mreditor16

HSC
the average at a top 5 selective school for that question was 1.9 out of 15.

source = teacher at that school

HSC
the average at a top 5 selective school for that question was 1.9 out of 15.

source = teacher at that school
below state average :p

I still don't see why it was so low.
Probably because people were like "wtf" and didn't even bother doing the question. Plus little time to do it maybe?

It actually wasn't that bad of a question, but yeah like you said today "Don't be scared" hahaha :p

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC

Probably because people were like "wtf" and didn't even bother doing the question. Plus little time to do it maybe?

It actually wasn't that bad of a question, but yeah like you said today "Don't be scared" hahaha :p
Pretty funny tho considering they tell you to use IBP twice which should by itself net you 4 marks :p.
and the last q ~should~ be easily picked up

mreditor16

HSC

actually my bad, our school's average was 2.9 and state average was like 2 iirc (trying to remember what my teacher said... :/)

I still don't see why it was so low.
people got scared by the question and in exam pressure, barely attempted it, and thus went back to more easy to grasp questions which they hadn't got out yet.

Pretty funny tho considering they tell you to use IBP twice which should by itself net you 4 marks :p.
they told you how to do it, but people were still intimidated.... esp. after doing preliminary thingo that needs to be done before actual IBP process....

HSC
One could at least get 2 marks there, marking would have probably been lenient a bit.
actually my bad, our school's average was 2.9 and state average was like 2 iirc (trying to remember what my teacher said... :/)

people got scared by the question and in exam pressure, barely attempted it, and thus went back to more easy to grasp questions which they hadn't got out yet.

they told you how to do it, but people were still intimidated.... esp. after doing preliminary thingo that needs to be done before actual IBP process....
It's pretty crazy that only a handful students managed to get the question as carrot said

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)