My BEAST (1 Viewer)

allstarr69

hey anyone out there can beat this system?
Abit IC7 Max 3
Pentium 4 Extreme Edition 3.2 @ 3.6
1024Mb Twinx pc3700 RAM
Radeon 9800XT
550Watt PSU
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
21 inch trinitron monitor
2 x 74Gig raptors in RAID
1 x 120 gig 7200RPM HD
Dvd Burner

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
FARK no..
umm is that the sony 21in CRT?
dual or single layer burner?
nice spec.. u build that ureself? or store? either way thats impressive..
im curious how much?wat u planning it for.. cos im gobsmacked
well done

allstarr69

yeah I guess I am sort of showing off but hey its a mad system.
We got it around January. I picked the parts but they put it together and cost us just over $7,000 I think. Btw we got a Logitech cordless keyboard and mouse as well.
The monitor is a 21inch sony trinitron. Its mad for games (not that I play many anymore)
It was only yesterday I decided to overclock it though and Im just making sure its stable at 3.6 (so far it is) before I decide anything more.

So the computer is mainly used by my little brother (cause Im usually at boarding school) who plays like the Sims and stuff. Yes a bit of a waste I must admit.

Person

one of them
i dont remember the 9800XT been available back in Jan....gee guess im not with the times

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
lol, if you spent the $7000 now you could get a much better system

but that is the disadvantage of getting top of the line stuff

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
i think he's trying to enlarge his e-penis

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
well if he is or isnt.. its very nice
u should try puttin one together.. its a bitch.. but u can read thru all the settings and its more rewardin.. r u using preset OC settings (lik one-click then ure OC'ing)? or setting individual speeds/timings? the second is more leet cos u could prolly pull more than 3.6 and still stable..
i realli lik ure inclusion of 2 raptors.. but honestly u only need onde for the OS? wats the other for?
i hate cordless peripherals.. none hav made-me-go-wow..
SIMS :| my sister got that with the pizza.. so now its got the same value as a happy meals toy..

fatmuscle

HSC
anyone who wants to spend 7K on a system should better have a beast. or they are just very very very stupid.

allstarr69

+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
well if he is or isnt.. its very nice
u should try puttin one together.. its a bitch.. but u can read thru all the settings and its more rewardin.. r u using preset OC settings (lik one-click then ure OC'ing)? or setting individual speeds/timings? the second is more leet cos u could prolly pull more than 3.6 and still stable..
i realli lik ure inclusion of 2 raptors.. but honestly u only need onde for the OS? wats the other for?
i hate cordless peripherals.. none hav made-me-go-wow..
SIMS :| my sister got that with the pizza.. so now its got the same value as a happy meals toy..
Well I used to hate cordless stuff too, but the logitech cordless mx duo is mad. The response time is just the same as corded and whener your not using the optical mouse you just put its recharger so it never runs out

I overclocked it using the BIOS. Yes you do have to know what your doing or else youll end up frying your chip and my dad would kill me if that happened. I could probably go further than 3.6 but the chip is running pretty warm and I wouldnt want to shorten its lifespan.

Have you heard of RAID before? thats why we got two raptors. If you put them in RAID it makes em like twice as fast :) as it uses both at the same time.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
If you spent that much, you should of got the logitech di novo desktop.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
lolz i kno wat RAID is.. mine are all .. :p but i was curious why u needed 148 Gb of realli friggin faast storage? i.e 2 raptors ... thats lik 100 over new games @ full install.. possibly more..
and my OS isnt even 2 gb..

btw u could install a cooling unit for lik 100ish a couple more fans for 10ish.. its pretti easy.. unless ure box is sealed n like under warranty..

i did my first p2.8c till 3.4 without cooling.. it was ace..
well this is as bad as doing up a car... :S neons under the hood..

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
just wondering,,, did u remember to buy speakers with that? :p 7K and no sound... now that would be impressive

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
enak said:
If you spent that much, you should of got the logitech di novo desktop.
the dinovo has buggy drivers like all logitech stuff...

so regret getting the cordless MX Duo

allstarr69

+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
just wondering,,, did u remember to buy speakers with that? :p 7K and no sound... now that would be impressive
sound blaster audigy 2 and no speakers?? lol
We kept the speakers from the old comp.. they are altec lancing adda885 speakers. (4.1 surround sound)
I suppose the next thing is "7000 system and no case???"
So the case is a Xaser III Thermaltake. Its got temp and fan control on it and a clear side panel :p

The corldess mx duo has no driver problems... well none that I know of.

Winston

HSC
It's a pretty shit system if i have to say... sorry to be honest, but creating a new thread to boast system specs, which doesn't even come near to being really that good if you compare it with one of my friends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)