My Friends bizarre theory about life and the HSC (come if you want a laugh) (1 Viewer)

Aysce

HSC
Made my day. Reminds me of my dad a few years ago..

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm as intrigued to know what this friend guy gets in the end, did we ever hear back from ya_mum? Or is he too busy studying for first year med ;)

Skeptyks

HSC
I would probably avoid him but did you add the P plate one as a joke? I REALLY doubt that he would come to believe that.

EDIT: Sorry to ruin the joke unless it is a real fact but I doubt anyone in NSW really believes even half of these.

Last edited:

animeiswild

HSC
="= I have nothing to say.

Also, he's not a real friend to you right? Cause no matter how bizarre some things friends say, you wouldn't ridicule them behind their backs like this. If you don't want to listen then don't.

Last edited:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
your friend sounds pretty awesome you should aspire to be like him one day

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
That depends on your relationship with them. You can still be good friends with family friends.
"Family friend" is basically.. your parents are friends with their parents, or something along those lines.

Doesn't necessarily mean the children also have to be friends as well. "Acquaintance" is the more appropriate term.

animeiswild

HSC
"Family friend" is basically.. your parents are friends with their parents, or something along those lines.

Doesn't necessarily mean the children also have to be friends as well. "Acquaintance" is the more appropriate term.
I know what she meant by family friends but it doesn't necessarily mean you can't be real friends with a family friend.

Besides, looking at the content and title of this thread, there is no reference that this friend is a family friend. I'm not saying it's not possible but you can be friends with anyone, even family friends.

chef_doeuvre

HSC
Uni Grad
This is the kind of friend that would have made me cry thoughout the HSC. However this gave me a good laugh :D

DavDav

Where is the Love?
HSC
Uni Grad
Why does everyone have this false perception that all engineers receive ridiculous incomes?

It depends on which field you work in. Finance is where the money is at. More specifically investment banking. YUK!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
yeah i know, engineers don't get lots of money from their jobs. howard from the big bang theory still lives with his mother

Kelsey2

HSC
So my friend is doing his HSC this year, ever since he entered prelim he started telling me about all this crap to do with the HSC and life after the HSC. Here is a list of things he says like everyday...

"The HSC is the peak of you're life, you fail that; you will never get a good job"

False. HSC is useless. It gets you into UNI. So does Tafe.

"A graduate Engineer earns 500k a year"

Dream on.

"When you become an engineer you will walk out of uni and everyone will literally tell you to come work with them"

Not if your a stuck up prick.

"If you get a 60% in physics, that is equivalent to a 97% in business"

Your going to get a suprise when you see your atar then mate.

"If you don't become an engineer, you will live in a small house and struggle to pay the mortgage"

Tell that to all the year 10 drop out Tradies who own a house before you have even finished your degree. Or the Miners earning six figures.

"If you go for you're l's or p's in high school, the board will lower your mark by 20%"

I never knew the department of education has control over the RTA? I presume your piss poor parents dont trust you with a car let alone to be in it with you.

"If you get under 95, there is no UNI that will accept you for engineering"

UWS prob.

"To get a high atar you can't play a game, if you open a flash game, it will consume you're life and limit you're atar to 50"

Dream on I played games non stop and my atar got me into my course and i got no where near 50 ROFL....

"A degree in business is like a degree in being an idiot, you get no where"

Well you already are an idiot so i guess you dont have to do that degree!

"Engineering is so high paying, you can afford to pay off 10 houses at once and a body guard"

Yet your parents who are both engineers cant buy you a car to do your L's.

"You only have to care about two things, 3U math and physics"

I didnt do either.

"Puberty limits your max ATAR to 50"

So in other words you balls have not dropped.

"My parents are engineers, and they earnt so much they don't have to work for a living anymore" (Living in western suburbs)

I bet they are on the dole.

"I once used to care about legal, but that will get me no where"

Another suprise to look forward to when you see your atar.

"No one is doing engineering because its so hard to get in"

Just like the saying "No one drives in New York, there is to much traffic!'

"I nearly got accepted into ruse but they didn't accept me because of my english rank"

They reached their quota for stuck up Asians who think they are the world.

"Engineers in ancient egyptian times were considered like gods, something out of the ordinary, they still are today"

Rural towns in medievil Europe also had a job called the town idiot, you would be perfect.

"The only reason people do a business course is because the cut off is 50"

Does USYD know this?

"I might be fat now but once I'm engineer, after my first week pay, I'll get an operation that makes me skinny in 2 days"

If you say so pork chops.

"See my uncle, the engineer, in two weeks he had his dream car so thats going to be me" (Ignoring the fact his uncle won $2 mil in a prize)

See your parents the engineers, and how they cant afford to buy you a car to do your L's?

I'll add more as I think of the stupid crap he says... comment with you're opinions

I know its your friend, not targeting you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)