N/A
3 x 15 rowing - 50kg with narrow handle
3 x 15 rowing- 50kg with wide hande
3 x 15 50kilo lat pulldown
3 x 15 50 kilo lat pulldown narrow handle
3 x 15 reverse fly 20 kilo
3 x 15 chest fly machine 50 kilo
3 x 15 machine chest press 50 kilo
1 x 15 bench press 20 kilo or 10 and almost died ( lol FIRST TIME EVER)
3 x 15 hammer curl 90 kilo
3 x 15 tricep pulldown cable thing 90 kilo
3 x 15 dumbbell chest press 8.5 kilo

That was the first time I went to they gym.... I almost died.

Man I suck at bench pressing, first time ever though, but that hurt. It also was the most EMBARRISING ( spelling) THING EVER, EVERY OTHER GUY IS BENCHING LIKE 150 kilos and im doing 10 or 20

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
um, what? 90kg hammer curl, yet 20kg benching?

are u sure these numbers are correct? and in kg, not lb? (still even if its 90lb hammer curl, i highly doubt anyone on bos, except maybe jezzmo or loqi, can do that)

edit: and you should do more compound exercises, and do them at the beginning of the workout. In your list only benching is a compound exercise, make sure u do that first.

Last edited:

Shoom

HSC
N/A
I use the cable attachment for the curls, so you use the rope head.

I hate bench pressing, but I got to do it, and at the same time lose all my respect.

When u started benc pressing what was your first weight?

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
first time i went to gym was in year 10, i benched 20kg, in a few months or so i went up to 25-30, by next year i was up to 40, year after i was up to 50.

as long as u do this regularly you will progress, but if u do more compound exercises and watch your diet then you will progress quicker.

loller

Banned
HSC
N/A
i went to the gym a few times and did 40 in yr 11

cant be bothered, just do pushups

maybe i should though cos im already kind of big and i think it would be easy for me to increase my strength

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yea i used to do heaps of pushups too.

try doing a bunch of pushups everyday, shoom. i used to do that and it was really good.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Good, so I am not the only one. Who started light. So I should increase the weight of my bench press by 5 kilos in a few months.

Im not sure if I was doing 10 or 20, ill ask tonight. I didnt put the weights on.

And omie by diet you mean, high protein?

quik.

HSC
First time in the gym you get excited and wanna try heaps of shit out, that's cool

But you did waaaay too much

I do 4 exercises p bodypart, so for main chest day at the moment:

Flat bench
Incline bench
Tricep pulldowns
Dumbell flat bench

Then for main back day:

Deadlift
Chinups
Barbell rows
Pullups

If you do too much you are tiring yourself out and putting fuck all effort in at the ass end of the workout

Tim035

HSC
If you've got some serious time on your hands, there is some great reading to be done here:

Madcow Training - Table of Contents, 5x5 Programs, Dual Factor Theory, Training Theory

On the subject of bench press, how much do most bench press barbells weight at gyms? The ones at my gym are about 2m long and quite thick at the bell portions, I'm thinking ~15 - 20kg.
I ask because I'm on week 5 of 5x5 and my 5 rep max on bench = bar + 80kg of weights, so it'd be cool to think I can bench 100kg for 5 reps.

Last edited:

adidasboy

weee
HSC
Make sure you have someone with you who knows how to do the exercises to check on your form. Damn... hammer curl 90kg! You must have some massive biceps+forearms haha

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
WTH is this 3x15 shit?

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
Let me reiterate, WTH is this 3 sets x 15 reps? You training for fun man? Or you want results?

BreezerD

HSC
Sets of 5. Compound exercises. Squat 2-3x a week. Deadlift once a week. Bench once or twice a week. You will get big and strong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)