• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

my parents dont let me watch tv (1 Viewer)

eyesy

dont you think is stupid that my parents wont let me watch tv during the week not even a little. i mean i work my but off all day and come home and have to do the same thing but everyone else gets to watch it and im almost 18 not very cool

eyesy

no they say that its my hsc and i have to pay full attention to my studies but i havent been aloud to for about 3 years but it kinda annoys me cause i need a break at times

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
eyesy said:
dont you think is stupid that my parents wont let me watch tv during the week not even a little. i mean i work my but off all day and come home and have to do the same thing but everyone else gets to watch it and im almost 18 not very cool
hey, I know a girl at school whose parents sold their tv cos she got crap in a test. That's too harsh.

That's gotta suck. Are you allowed to tape it then watch it on the weekend. You'd get to sit all weekend and just watch tv that way and if your parents don't like that explain you wouldn't be sitting al weekend if you got to watch tv during the week. hopefully problem solved.

wanton-wonton

HSC
eyesy said:
Boo hoo, T.V. is shit anyway. I only watch it for the Simpsons, news, and the New Inventor. I'm sure you wouldn't watch any of that show so you're not missing out on anything.

eyesy

yeah thats way to harsh.

no they dont like me watching it on the weekends either cause they say i have homework to do on the wknds and i betta not waste time but i do try and watch some occasionaly i tell ya though i feel i may burn out soon

wanton-wonton

HSC
eyesy said:
yeah thats way to harsh.

no they dont like me watching it on the weekends either cause they say i have homework to do on the wknds and i betta not waste time but i do try and watch some occasionaly i tell ya though i feel i may burn out soon
Are you asian?

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
What the hell do you do with your time? Well with you studying cos of no tv are your grades up to scratch?

You're allowed to go catch a movie right cos that would be horrible if you weren't. So unfair!

iamsickofyear12

HSC
School is so stupid. You go there all day then come home and are expected to do 5 hours of homework and then your also expected to work on the weekend. Its more than a full time job. And the main reason for it through most of school you waste time on stuff you will never use then in year 12 you need to catch up.

tempco

HSC
lolololol not being able to watch tv cause of the hsc? go out and watch tv at a friends place, but you'll feel really guilty after it though.

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
School is so stupid. You go there all day then come home and are expected to do 5 hours of homework and then your also expected to work on the weekend. Its more than a full time job. And the main reason for it through most of school you waste time on stuff you will never use then in year 12 you need to catch up.
Did anyone'sarents ever study that much? I don't think so. maybe the doctors and the lawyers.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
eyesy said:
don't worry, you'll have the last laugh when they die.

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
Maybe set up a tv next to their grave. That'll piss them off in the afterlife.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
duckofdoom said:
Did anyone'sarents ever study that much? I don't think so. maybe the doctors and the lawyers.
I think part of the reason parents expect so much is because some schools (I would think mostly private schools) tell that that their kids are meant to be doing 5 hours a night study and they believe it.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I think part of the reason parents expect so much is because some schools (I would think mostly private schools) tell that that their kids are meant to be doing 5 hours a night study and they believe it.
5 hours study and they believe it
isnt it true?
i hour per subject..etc

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
_DeathlessOne_ said:
How old are you? 5? Tell your parents to eff off.
I agree! There is no way that you can study EVERYDAY without a freaking break...Well maybe you can but it wouldnt be very effective

My parents are always like "boohoo arnt you watching too much TV? have you studied?" etc etc Just tell them to fuck off! They dont know what the HSC is like and what kind of study techniques ur used to...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)