My PHYISICS test (EPIC FAIL) (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
I was pwned in the physics test today.
Turns out that Snells law was the only part I
really think I got right.
Thanks to those who replied at my last minute request.

However it wasn't all my fault.

I was doing the theory side when the teacher realises that there were mistakes and data on the sheet (data I used) which he deemed irrelevant and that we should ignore it.
The sheet said this is the amount of waves passing a point in one second, the teacher said that it was each wave that was a second. wtf

Oh and I forgot to mention the diagram was upside down.
No shit it was, I swear on my life UPSIDE DOWN.

It's alright though, everyone including the dux of last year and 100% science nerd isn't feeling to good about it.

Can I make a formal complaint agaist the teacher for being a douch-bag? I have not had a good history with science teachers accept year 10.

I can't drop it because it is necessary for game development. What do I do?

Dimplez

HSC
I suggest you stick with physics and work hard on it. Afterall it was only the 1st assessment and you can improve.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Well, if you're planning on teaching yourself, I recommend that you get a good Physics textbook (your school one should be fine), and you write syllabus dot point notes using resources from BoS as a guide, however you need to write your own notes to remember them. That should be more than enough for school half yearlies etc.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
Ha, i got pwned by my physics test too. But so did everybody else in my grade, so i'm not to worried about that. The physics department at my school is so stupid. a third of the test was trying to read graphs which had very faint lines, so that it was almost impossible, then we had to graph on a graph where we had to count to little boxes, and it was all the same, so we had to count those 0.8mm boxes up to about 60, and if we lost count, we had to start again. Most of the test was wasted doing that, then I foolishly rearranged an equation wrong, used it for half my test, and realised there was ment to be a minus sign somewhere. so i stuck it in somewhere random to get the correct answers. =( I hope everybody else failed harder than me.

bored of sc

HSC
haha, physics concepts are abstract (generalisation) so obviously they went to make the questions in the test abstract too :)

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
bored of sc said:
haha, physics concepts are abstract (generalisation) so obviously they went to make the questions in the test abstract too :)
How the hell is physics abstract? It's the complete opposite - it deals with concrete facts and formulas.

Sandchairs

Shoopin Da Woop
HSC
i had a physics test today to (HYE, gulp) and it was also a epic fail
i really dont want to get it back
really dont

Sandchairs

Shoopin Da Woop
HSC
sikhman said:
and special relativity is concrete how?
agreed. if you can explain it without trains travelling at .999c and seezes lasting for exactly 5 seconds then you deserve some kinda badge

bored of sc

HSC
when people say if you can understand quantum physics, you don't understand quantum physics - that's abstract ! brain explosion

Intriguing

HSC
I think I would've had a hell of a lot of trouble learning things like Special Relativity without a good teacher. Anyone who can understand it by just reading a textbook deserves props. But yeah, even if your teacher is fine, it's always good to do your own outside reading to make sure you're up to date. Stick with it.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
sikhman said:
and special relativity is concrete how?
Perhaps I should have worded my response better, however, I thought that you would have actually gotten the idea. When I used the word 'concrete', I was not talking about the more open areas of physics, but those that are taught comprehensively at school - of which the Special Theory of Relativity is hardly one of them. We are talking in the context of Year 11 physics after all, are we not? Any idiot will know that the Special Theory of Relativity will go haywire at extremes, especially when talking about something that is yet to be fully understood like time dilation and all the other consequences of special relativity. We might as well start an argument about how the Theory of the Big Bang is not concrete because it does not explain what caused it and where all the matter came from - something currently beyond the scope of that theory and which has only produce pointless arguments so far.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
sikhman said:
well, have fun doing hsc physics:
'Discuss' is hardly comprehensive, not to mention the fact that special relativity concerns a mere one point in the whole syllabus. Nice try at invalidating my post though - doesn't change the fact that you ignored the rest of it though. Still... whatever floats your boat.

fjnpenguin

HSC
Phoenix Fury said:
Yeah I'm thinking about teaching myself.
i have tried teaching myself as my teacher is so bad. he explains things in a way that u can't understand, n when u ask him a question he'll be like"ill come back too it" *end of the period arrives* and he leaves the class. anyways i have decided to understand a whole chapter at home be4 we do it in class, so i actually have some idea of whats happening.

well yeah just foucus that little bit extra on physics and i'm sure you'll do fine;)

Dimplez

HSC
fjnpenguin said:
i have tried teaching myself as my teacher is so bad. he explains things in a way that u can't understand, n when u ask him a question he'll be like"ill come back too it" *end of the period arrives* and he leaves the class. anyways i have decided to understand a whole chapter at home be4 we do it in class, so i actually have some idea of whats happening.

well yeah just foucus that little bit extra on physics and i'm sure you'll do fine;)
Hey I completely understand. I have a physics teacher who is completely incompetent. He comes to class 20 minutes late, puts up notes for us to copy down from wikipedia (which by the way are completely irrelevant to the syllabus) and does no practicals with us. I guess we've just got to work twice as hard.

HSC
Uni Grad
WTF I got 25 / 29 !!!!
I fudged the whole freaking thing!!!
Is he so incompetent he just ticks everything???
P.S. I beat some of the science nerds including the dux from last year. Some people got as low as 11.
gg

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
apparently my physics test is going to marked really harsh for people who forgot to put units in, as in, as in whole question marks taken because of forgetting units. I'm so scared now, because i forgot units on like everything!!! :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)