My Place techniques (1 Viewer)

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
ive got the trial in a few days and im doing my place. i know what to write in terms of change but what about techniques? all i can think of is the use of the autobiography.
Thanks

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
This text is very thin on techniques, but here are some ideas:

- personal experience
- reflection
- metaphor & similie
- annecdotes (of Arthur, Daisy and her mother)

This is about it ...

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
yeah, i didnt think there was alot for this text. thanks

Adam's Princess

HOLD UP
TECHNIQUES:
Flashbacks- reminices of childhood to see where she is today, adaults point of veiw p17 chapter 10 nans obsession with illness

conversational tone- arthurs story sounds as though arthur is talking directly to responder

Aboriginal language- 'It was slimy and there was a lot of gouna in the water...' p 320 allows to view the language of the aboriginal people

descriptive language- vivid pictures built up from " i hated the bare boards that gleamed with newly applied polish, the dust-fee window sills, and the flashes of chrome that snatched at my distorted figure as we hurried past' p1 appeals to sences

distinctive voice- allows responder to distinguish between charater daisy often leaves the first or last letters off words billy always says 'ay'

emotional language- gives responder connection of intimacy ' cam we go now mummy' p 13

symbolism- white power is often symbloised in superior people, miss moore, drake- brockmans

colloquial language- "jeez, i could do with a cold one, Bill"p33

Joe C.

Those are good, thanks princess, those should help me, but...

I was wondering how would you relate that to changing self?

Ive got my trial for english tomorrow, lol.

tempco

HSC
one important technique i learnt by reading some notes was the change in tone throughout the book. aat the beginning of the book, sally's tone was of confusion, and her thoughts were often jumbled up. she focused on less important things, eg. the "linoleum swirl" on the door of the hospital. as she learnt more about her aboriginality, as well as herself as a person, you notice that her tone changes to a more confident, self-assured tone. well, i think thats right.. i've used it in almost all of my essays, and its been good :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)