My Plan to do well in the 2006 HSC/Goals (1 Viewer)

Nicci_15

HSC
Uni Grad
Ok. I was wondering how many of you have a plan in order to achieve success in your HSC?

Well, i though I should start up a thread in which we all can post our goals and our plans for the HSC as a way to motivate us and others in the same boat. And you can come back to this thread and make comments as to whether your goals were successful or not and how to improve them for next time.

For instance, my goal is to finish the bulk of my study notes in 20 days and to have my performance pieces for Music 2 prepared in 2 months time.

What are your goals that you want to achieve?

Dr_Doom

HSC
My goal is to get a UAI of 90 +. But this forum has ruined it by saying it's impossible with the subjects I'm doing. So I don't know what my goal is :\

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I'm looking at a UAI in the nineties, maybe at the higher end, depending on how I go with the remaining assessments. I'll probably do a commerce or finance degree or something along those lines.
Dr_Doom said:
My goal is to get a UAI of 90 +. But this forum has ruined it by saying it's impossible with the subjects I'm doing. So I don't know what my goal is :\
Don't let anything get in your way, anything is possible, just put in the effort and you shall be rewarded. You never know what you're capable of doing.

Dr_Doom

HSC
Thanks.. I'll try and get band 6's in all my subjects :p

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Dr_Doom said:
Thanks.. I'll try and get band 6's in all my subjects :p
feasible! :)
hard, but feasibl ;)
i gotta get band 6's in 5 of my subjects in order to get 90+ .. lol so your not alone.

except i've already sc rewed some assessments up! ToT

my aims are to get like some english practise essays done, finish fitzpatrcik excercises for 3u and 2u maths.
also finish some summaries for business studies.

i wanna get 90+uai ... if i do, i'll probably do a b business degree.

Last edited:

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
- finish business studies notes. Want to finish marketing before the end of the holidays.
- do heaps of english essays and a LOT of unseen passages.
- do heaps of history essays and those source-based questions.
- Take maths and religion more seriously. i procrastinate too much in both subjects.
- 4-5 hour study a day except on fridays, where i rest.

Last edited:

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
- Work ahead in Chemistry
- Complete Economics dot points
- Finish Volumes and revise Integration in 4-unit
- Read over English notes for BNW and complete assigned radio play

I_F

biggie walls

HSC
Rivietttttt Please Do Not Dedicate Your Life To Commmmerrrce - Carry Out Scientific Research Instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeffreylah

HSC
Want to get a UAI of 94.15+ to get into B Law/B Arts at UNSW ( or Maquarie, depends on UAI)
Also have to get all my catching up work done, and my extra study before Term 2 starts!!
And get good assessments + Ace the HSC =P

Porcia

HSC
jeffreylah said:
Want to get a UAI of 94.15+ to get into B Law/B Arts at UNSW ( or Maquarie, depends on UAI)
Also have to get all my catching up work done, and my extra study before Term 2 starts!!
And get good assessments + Ace the HSC =P
i thought combined law at unsw was 99+, or did u mean full fee paying

passion89

HSC
Want to get a UAI higher than 90...Slowly beginning to think it's gonna be a tad impossible but we'll see. I just need my motivation back!!!!!

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
-goal UAI is 98+
-want to finish study notes and organise all folders properly by end of holidays or by end of first week back
-want to complete sdd assessment early
-want to make a start on history extension major work within 2 weeks

Dr_Doom said:
its not impossible, whoever told you that is wrong, if you put in the effort then you have the same chance as anybody else here to get your desired UAI

Last edited:

detox9090909090

HSC
I want to complete everything i have to and get a UIA that will get me into James Cook university in Qld so i can do Marine Biology near the Barrior Reef!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
biggie walls said:
Rivietttttt Please Do Not Dedicate Your Life To Commmmerrrce - Carry Out Scientific Research Instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
commerce FTW

nezz61

HSC
My goal for the HSC is to get a UAI over 72 to get me into a social science course. My UAI seems soo low compared to the people aiming for 90+++

Nicci_15

HSC
Uni Grad
nezz61 said:
My goal for the HSC is to get a UAI over 72 to get me into a social science course. My UAI seems soo low compared to the people aiming for 90+++
Hey don't worry about that, if that's the minimum UAI which will get u into a course you want.

Unfortunately, I have to say I want a UAI of 99.95 (100 would be nice, but that's slightly impossible), which means I have to really get studying now! :(

Last edited:

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Summmarrrrrrrrry Noteeees for everything.

In about 2 weeks i'll have finished my entire Studies of Religion 1 course (via correspondence) except for 2 of the 3 assessment tasks. This wasn't intentional, my teacher thought I was doing 2 unit and sent me the wrong schedule...

So...I guess that'll leave me with more free free periods.
I have lots of major works, so lots of major working for me (art, history ext, english ext...)
Yay

T

Testpilot

Oh SHIT, all of you seem to have done so much more than me. Looks like I'm in for a long hard slug this term.
*Runs from computer, looks self in room and begins studying*

milk biskit

HSC
I guess it is fair to say that I'm a nerd :(, I spent these holidays making summary notes and doing past hsc papers for all my subjects and got them all organised into folders, but I want to do well in the HSC, I'm aiming for a UAI of 96+, as I'm currently thinking of doing Psychology at either UNSW or USYD.

I entered my half-yearly report marks into SAM, and it predicts my UAI to be 99.85, which would be very nice if I can actually manage to achieve that. Hopefully all goes well for all 2006 HSC'ers in your trials and HSC exams, wish all of you good luck :D.

2006 HSC Subjects: English (Advanced), Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Modern History, Economics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)