My Restaurant Rules : Sydney VS Melbourne (1 Viewer)

Who are you voting for ?

• Pink Salt ( Sydney )

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • Whisk ( Melbourne )

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Not Voting ( cheap )

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

gosh

I have to admit, im too cheap to vote :(
Im an adelaide Greedy Goose supporter anyway. Although i hope Sydney wins this week over Melbourne since they probably deserve it more. If i had 55c on me, i would vote for them. :D

v sia

HSC
aimstar555 said:
I MET EVAN AND BELLA TODAY!!!
they were in Martin Place doin the campign....was heaps good...Bella is SOO gorgeous...GO SYDNEY!! :)
tell me in detail , did u actually talk to them or did u have a short glance and left ?
oh and did u vote , u better have !

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
i very much have to go to pink salt this w/e, i wouldnt mind tryin it out at the slight possiblity it dnt stay

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Yeh I agree...a generall MRR thread would be more effective.

Does anyone else think the Goose will be disadvantaged never having been up for nomination before the final? I can only imagine it would be so harsh to never really have had ur restaurant almost been taken away from you and then in the final being so close and getting it taken away.

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
i reakon if a restuarant is really fuckin gud and doin well they should stay open...eg if goose and salt are just rakin in the cash they should both remain open

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Well considering all the restaurants are pretty successfuly then there would be no competition.

Ash and Amanda the winners of MRR1 are closing down their restaurant. It's harder to maintain cash flow and customers once the cameras are gone then it just comes down to the restaurant.

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
yea tru.....these restuarants seem a bit better tho than from the first one

v sia

HSC
Sweets said:
Well considering all the restaurants are pretty successfuly then there would be no competition.

Ash and Amanda the winners of MRR1 are closing down their restaurant. It's harder to maintain cash flow and customers once the cameras are gone then it just comes down to the restaurant.
If your a die hard fan votign for your restaurant will be no problem , but if your a regular viewer and your favourite restaurant is up for nomination constantly , i doubt you'd vote as much as you would the first time . In other words Greedy Goose's fans would vote harder the first time .

If that made any sense , im kinda sleepy

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I hope Sydney wins. I reckon bella is really hot. I'd fuck her any day. But I am not voting because I don't care enough to bother and I know 1 vote doesn't mean anything because of the people who vote 100 times each.

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
yea i agree wit that bella comment, she is A

but ud b supprissed how much just one of sumthin can help,,,sydney was nominated by losing by ONE point...

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
All I can see is that you can tell Bella is very marketing savvy.... she had heavily branded Pink Salt, it has been branded to a great extent than the other restaurants... everything, from the concepts of the Tshirt line, to the actual Pink Salt, and them throwing it over the shoulder for luck, right through to the decor of the restaurant... it is heavily branded, they have done a great job with that. Remember how the chef gay reviewer dude was saying that Pink Salt was very Sydney, it was a place you want to be.... a lot of this comes down to the branding, and when Pink Salt is up for nomination they have this branding to fall back on.

Out of all of the restaurants, the Louvre had the least "brand recognition" and I think this played a part in their downfall. Actually, the mint leaf had barely any branding either and didn't have a very good marketing strategy in my opinion.

Whisk has, obviously, the whisk that Georgia bangs on all the time... the uniforms are also a key part in their image.

The Greedy Goose's name is their brand.... like when they had the geese at their opening. And when they sent the paper mache goose to the other restaurants.

Two words could have had a really good marketing concept from that name but they didn't take it very far.

Hey why do you keep on deleting all the MRR posts? You should just lock them, so that people can still read what others have said.

aimstar555

HSC
v sia said:
tell me in detail , did u actually talk to them or did u have a short glance and left ?
oh and did u vote , u better have !
k, i was walking through Martin Place and they were up the top. i saw the HUGE group of pink, recognise Evan (he was talking on his mobile) and yelled out "GO THE SALT!" not only do a majority of people walking past give me werid looks, Bella calls out "thanks! Hey, Come and get a flyer!" i walk over say hi, Bella ask you watch the show, i say LOVE it you guys are the best and she gives me on of the flyers with all the voting details. thank GOD all the cameras wern't on, cause it felt so werid! :) AND YES I'VE VOTED!!

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
braindrainedAsh said:
All I can see is that you can tell Bella is very marketing savvy.... she had heavily branded Pink Salt, it has been branded to a great extent than the other restaurants... everything, from the concepts of the Tshirt line, to the actual Pink Salt, and them throwing it over the shoulder for luck, right through to the decor of the restaurant... it is heavily branded, they have done a great job with that. Remember how the chef gay reviewer dude was saying that Pink Salt was very Sydney, it was a place you want to be.... a lot of this comes down to the branding, and when Pink Salt is up for nomination they have this branding to fall back on.

Out of all of the restaurants, the Louvre had the least "brand recognition" and I think this played a part in their downfall. Actually, the mint leaf had barely any branding either and didn't have a very good marketing strategy in my opinion.

Whisk has, obviously, the whisk that Georgia bangs on all the time... the uniforms are also a key part in their image.

The Greedy Goose's name is their brand.... like when they had the geese at their opening. And when they sent the paper mache goose to the other restaurants.

Two words could have had a really good marketing concept from that name but they didn't take it very far.

Hey why do you keep on deleting all the MRR posts? You should just lock them, so that people can still read what others have said.
I agree Pink Salt does have a very good marketing strategy but I think that mainly relates to Evan and Bella and who they are. The other restaurants (Bris, Adel, Melb) as the guys are chefs were really focused on the food side of things and really creating fine dining establishments, I think Bris came the closest to this.

But I do think everyone should stop going on about Bella's marking degree. None of their marketing has been mind blowing. I just think their restaurant reflects them. It is kind of like a up-market Sizzler.

Whisk should not be under-estimated though. Georgia was already in Canberra on Tuesday before the noms were announced drumming up support. Last time they did manage to stay open after only having been in the restaurant for 5 days and they beat the Mint Leaf and as crap as that may be, the previous Melb team had failed to beat. So obviously Melb has warmed to them.

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
lol gotta appreciate ur spirit there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)