My stupid, skinny, no periods day, immature friend. (1 Viewer)

lala2

Banned
HSC
Kwayera said:
Man, I love the Pill. No periods at all!
lol yeah the pill is always an option. But I wouldn't go on it just to get rid of periods. I'm sure you don't either, it's just a very convenient side effect :)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
lala2 said:
lol yeah the pill is always an option. But I wouldn't go on it just to get rid of periods. I'm sure you don't either, it's just a very convenient side effect :)
Wanna bet? My periods are so shit I went on it to control them, at first, had a break and then went back to get rid of them altogether. Contraception is the convenient side-effect! :D

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
melsc said:
Not eating can also really stuff up your metabolism...what ends up happening is if you starve your body for too long it gets used to it so everytime you DO each it stores the food because it wait for you to starve...
= ketosis, in which your organs also start to fail. Kind of bad, that.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
why not tell her that you need to go to the doctor and ask her to come along for support, and then while your their ask the doctor "questions about another friend" and when she hears the response she might get something done

Oh I've tried that she wouldn't come or says she has other plans, she says doctors are all creepy and their offices smell, sigh typical her lol.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Eclipse008 said:
I had this same problem. Not so bad now, but when I was younger I was pretty underweight. About 160cm and 40kg. And I would get my periods about once every 6 months, but when I did they were horrible. I had to take days off school due to the pain. It's not so bad now, because I'm within a healthy weight range and I've also started going on the pill to regulate everything. But your friend really is an idiot.
Fuck you.
If you have had the experience you say you've had, you might have a glimpse of her problems.

boris

Banned
HSC
"you're such a slut ayy"

osteoporisis. had to be said. lol katie you werent that skinny. not like juliet hawthorn skinny. then you got faaaaat.

7oas7y

HSC
If she dies, tell her parents, "I told her so... Stupid bitch"...

sombespice

HSC
Nothing can be done to convince her. I remember when my period was nonexistent during my anorexic stage. Sure, I was perpetually cold and weak but I loved not going through monthly hell. It was actually nice to think of being infertile. I'd never want pregnancy and childbirth. Ick. All the stretch marks, weight gain, frequent urination, bloating, nausea, vomiting, moodiness, damage to pelvic floor.. no way.

mleiu

HSC
sombespice said:
Nothing can be done to convince her. I remember when my period was nonexistent during my anorexic stage. Sure, I was perpetually cold and weak but I loved not going through monthly hell. It was actually nice to think of being infertile. I'd never want pregnancy and childbirth. Ick. All the stretch marks, weight gain, frequent urination, bloating, nausea, vomiting, moodiness, damage to pelvic floor.. no way.
Not that there is exactly anything wrong with not wanting kids, but more women want kids than not. By a large amount, and I, for one, am one of them so if I were in her state - I'd seriously be worried.

Not all skinny chicks experience irregular periods, unbalanced/normal reproductive system issues - and I know that first hand because my mum gets regular period and no pain at all - at 40kg @ 160cm+.

ibleedmclaren

HSC
Well, having breakfast actually kickstarts your metabolism :/
So it would be more beneficial to have breakfast.

And I used to have an iron deficiency.
I wouldn't get my period either.
She probably wouldn't tell you, but it actually hurts when you're supposed to have your period and you don't.
That was hell.
Maybe she's the one that should be jealous of you?

Oh, and my doctor said that I wouldn't be able to have kids.

I wasn't dieting on purpose.
I was just having a major growth spurt and I lost all my baby weight.

She'll regret it later.

kasakiki

HSC
Uni Grad
There are all sorts of crazy unexpected shitty side effects that happen when you get seriously underweight/anorexic. Most people have listed them already.
Close friend diagnosed with anorexia in year 10 - she wouldnt hear anything anyone had to say about her being too skinny, in fact she got really pissed off and angry and offended at people who suggested there was something wrong.
I will never forget visiting her in hospital (she was eventually hospitalised after she developed tachycardia/bradycardia and had to be on a monitor 24hrs/day). The nurses had just made her get on the scales to get her weight to calculate a dosage of something. She was so furious that they were looking at her weight, "nosy bitches" was the term she used. Then the infamous line:
"I dont see why they keep weighing me and why i have to be in an observation room. I've just lost a little weight, its not like i have a problem!"

Your friend needs professional help : medical and mental

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)