Myer Group interviews (1 Viewer)

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
lol how funny.. i got the email 2minutes after posting that

frontin

HSC
lol how funny.. i got the email 2minutes after posting that
Hahaha good work. A few updates. I got my contract 3 days after the email. And I didn't wear a tie to the induction. A few people were though, but they looked more like businessmen than Myer sales assistants lol

The induction was shit boring though, so sleep early the night before.

Last edited:

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
an update from me:

did the 8hr training yesterday, worst day of my life lol cos i couldn't stay awake.. people were nice though. only one other guy and he wore a tie like i did so that was good. i got home at 3am and had to wake up at 7am :(

have my 2hr induction on wednesday. have to fill out the starter pack and return it

still haven't got my contract yet, unless thats in the starter pack, i havent checked properly.. (my mail is getting directed from another address so hope there's no problems there)

how shit are those old tills you have to learn on, apparently they are getting new ones after xmas

MckrellZ

HSC
Woot, i got the job :D i have my 1st intro day on the 30th October.
And then the second day thing on the 4th :p
What did people think of the online course thing?

prod1gy

HSC
Yeah the online induction was boring but not as lengthy as Coles's one...Thank God. I went to the group interviews in a blue shirt, do you think it is ok if I went to do in-store induction and orientation with a blue shirt? I guess it's a stupid question but I don't have a white shirt yet and everyone seems to be wearing one...

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
yeah you should probably get a white shirt for the training and induction as that is the uniform and they are paying you for that.. interview didn't matter as it was business attire.

i had my 2hr induction today. pretty boring. seems like myer are just throwing money away as we didn't exactly earn it.

i got put in mens fashion so pretty happy about that.. not so sure about selling suits though :S
least i didnt get put in logistics

there seems to be heaps of shifts available. they wanted me to stay back and work for the next 5 days due to stock take..

i cant work them all.. so my 1st shift will be friday 9-530, sat 9-5 and tues 11am-whenever(possibly 930pm or later :S)

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
I just had an interview last wednesday and thought I'd update the structure because its changed from what was suggested on here previously.

Basically the majority of interviews are held in Parramatta and in great numbers per day, so they see a few hundred people each day/session

You are sat down in groups of about 8, in a room of about 30. The first task was to grab an item out of a box and sell it to the group quickly, describing the 'features and benefits'. A lot of people didn't do this very well, remember this, 'features tell, benefits sell', a lot of people said things like 'and yeah its just going to be a good thing to buy so yeah, buy it. Explain exactly why its a good thing to buy because of the benefit it is going to bring the purchaser.

The second task was to sell two complement goods to the original good to the same consumer. I had a pyjama singlet so my other goods were pyjama bottoms and general underwear. So its that sort of thing. That was all we had to do. There was only about 15 minutes of actual group work, the rest was just listening to them talk about how great working at myer is, which noone really cares about, honestly I find it so funny when retailers think people value them as an employer rather than just a hand that feeds.

So yeah, just adding what they seem to be doing lately, hope this helps people prepare.

SMS.EDWIN

HSC
what role was this for gibbo153? i had a myer electrical staff interview at parra 2 wks ago, was successful, and got an email that they'll call when a suitable opportunity arises.. which could take "several weeks" coz of the number of applicants or some sh**...... GAH

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
mine was just for a sales assistant. i'm not sure about the electrical ones cos they're slightly different. yeah its weird, they like say you're 'suitable' then don't tell you if you have a job or not.

miss_ann

HSC
N/A
i looked at this whole thread

Do you guys have any other tips/advice?

I have a group interview for Myer Electrical staff soon.

H4lfD0ll4r

HSC
I have recieved an email saying that I was successful and that the next step was to check my references....that was 2 weeks ago but haven't heard from them since :S

SMS.EDWIN

HSC
i got the same email which was about 6 weeks ago and still havent heard from them. but i had a group interview with VHA (vodafone/3) yesterday n got a call today that i got a job at vodafone world square.. CHEERING.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)