Mythbusters!!! (1 Viewer)

HSC
MYTHBUSTERS ROCKS!!! anybody watch it?? i just saw 2days episode, man that killer card myth was awesome!

fatmuscle

HSC
yeah, I watch MythBusters and all these other National Geographic / Discovery Channel shows

HSC
tomorrows_angel said:
that card must have hurt! 150mph!!!
scary thought that gobstoppers can explode!!!
hot damn, 150mph!! kinda crazy, but it only seemed to penetrate the ballistic gel less than 2cm. yeah i thought that gobstoppers one was interesting, but what kind of idiot heats up candy in a microwave. seriously.

Farnarcle

Heh, I've been hooked on this show since the start of the year. Must be my inner engineer, heh.

The first series had some really good ones, like the person cannon. You can tell its a good one when Jaime gets excited (and shows it), cos it doesn't happen often. The new team this series is a fresh twist on things, just in case you were getting bored with the senior busters.

dead cactus

captain tightpants
HSC
i love this show! i'm not sure about the junior mythbusters yet though, but i'm givbing it time before i commit to a side. I missed this monday's, dammit, it sounds like a good one. Those guys amaze me. Did anyone see the breakstep bridge ep, when adam built a 60 ft bridge? the experiment didn't work so well, but the construction was effing amazing!!

oh, and i have a crush on both of those guys. is that just me? something so sexy about those science geeks!

Farnarcle

They proved that the bridge one was busted. It's not though, my maths lecturer used it as an example of Vibration analyis.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
king_of_boredom said:
hot damn, 150mph!! kinda crazy, but it only seemed to penetrate the ballistic gel less than 2cm. yeah i thought that gobstoppers one was interesting, but what kind of idiot heats up candy in a microwave. seriously.
Yeah, I gotta agree, you'd have to be fucking stupid to put one in the microwave.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Farnarcle said:
They proved that the bridge one was busted. It's not though, my maths lecturer used it as an example of Vibration analyis.
Well it depends on the individual bridge's fundamental frequency.

Farnarcle

Yeh, its very hard to model something like that. We touched that in my fluids class (experimental modelling).

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I'm in complete and utter love with Adam.

As for the show, it rocks too.

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
SBS monday 7.30pm, or on discovery channel if they still run it

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Yeah, I thought the bridge one was a bit inconclusive, it was too hard to model.

HSC
mrbassman said:
SBS monday 7.30pm, or on discovery channel if they still run it
SBS used to replay the previous week's episode on 5:30pm mondays, but i don't think they do that anymore.

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
king_of_boredom said:
MYTHBUSTERS ROCKS!!! anybody watch it?? i just saw 2days episode, man that killer card myth was awesome!
i saw this one where thye were trying to find out if drinking baking soda ( I'm not sure but some kind of soda) could explode your stomach. it was cool cos they used this sheeps stomach and you could see the thing bursting it's seams. mythbusters rocks - but i watch it on discovery cos sbs are showing old episodes.

HSC
anybody watch this weeks episode? i'm suprised they lifted that boat with the ping-pong balls! i thought they'd need at least double what they used. i reckon that chick with the red hair is hot as. and when she put those claws on to pop the balloons.....woah! and when the other chick used her fire-breath to take them out....haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)