myUNSW Password issue (1 Viewer)

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Yesterday I created my myUNSW account, and I placed my username (z(insert numbers here)) and password. However after logging off halfway through sorting out my timetable last night I couldn't log back in for some reason.

Apparently there was something wrong with my username and password, and thus I logged onto IDM fine and changed my password to my UniPass and zPass. This was done today, and I finalised my timetable.

However just then I realised I wanted to change some stuff again, and I tried logging back in. Turns out that my username and password are incorrect, despite trying both options I had previously used.

So why the heck is my username and password constantly incorrect for myUNSW, even though I can sign into IDM but not into myUNSW?

williamdaft

HSC
Same problem, so damn annoying!!

I just logged in the IDM with the original password and username I set up in the first place, and changed the passwords, to another password, and then it works again. Now, I'm using the zPass' password and it works for myUNSW.... try both UniPass and zPass' passwords ?

Otherwise call their service no.. +61 2 9385 1000

myst129

HSC
Essentially williamdaft is right. This happened to me this afternoon and I fixed it by going into IDM and changing my password with the first letter being a capital (it was lower case before).

williamdaft

HSC
Essentially williamdaft is right. This happened to me this afternoon and I fixed it by going into IDM and changing my password with the first letter being a capital (it was lower case before).
yeah did the same but with a symbol, coz of their requirement of 3 different things for pw.

andybandy

HSC
I had the same problem, i fixed it by logging into the identity manager, and changed both upass and zpass passwords, and then logged in and it worked!

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
I had the same problem, i fixed it by logging into the identity manager, and changed both upass and zpass passwords, and then logged in and it worked!
This is exactly what I did when I had the issue earlier today!

Lina3

HSC
Ok guys here is how to fix this:
From what you are describing, it seems like nothing's wrong. After having the same issue, I found info online explaining zPass and UniPass. UniPass is to log in for the first time and start enrolling. However, the zPass is what you use for all the UNSW online services. So, in order to log onto MyUNSW again you need to create a zPass password. The ID is the same, but you just have to access IDM, find the zPass option, click change password, enter your chosen password twice and you are done.
Then, try logging into myUNSW with the password you have just created.

Hope this is helpful and makes some sort of sense :p

williamdaft

HSC
From what you are describing, it seems like nothing's wrong. After having the same issue, I found info online explaining zPass and UniPass. UniPass is to log in for the first time and start enrolling. However, the zPass is what you use for all the UNSW online services. So, in order to log onto MyUNSW again you need to create a zPass password. The ID is the same, but you just have to access IDM, find the zPass option, click change password, enter your chosen password twice and you are done.

^Yupp, it seems that's what we all did

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad

JT, you rookie.

Web Addict

HSC
My accounts for IDM and myUNSW were working perfectly yesterday, however for some reason, they aren't working today. I've tried the methods mentioned in this thread, but none of them work.

Last edited:

Web Addict

HSC
My accounts for IDM and myUNSW were working perfectly yesterday, however for some reason, they aren't working today. I've tried the methods mentioned in this thread, but none of them work.
A few hours ago, I rang the IT Service Desk and requested a change of password. Now, I'm able to access myUNSW, but still not IDM. The first couple of times I tried logging into IDM, an error messaged showed up saying that they were unable to locate my account on their server, and now it says that it is unable to access my account. Is any else experiencing this problem? Should I call the IT Service Desk again and ask them to fix it?

Last edited:

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
A few hours ago, I rang the IT Service Desk and requested a change of password. Now, I'm able to access myUNSW, but still not IDM. The first couple of times I tried logging into IDM, an error messaged showed up saying that they were unable to locate my account on their server, and now it says that it is unable to access my account. Is any else experiencing this problem? Should I call the IT Service Desk again and ask them to fix it?
You should call them again:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)