N award wtf (1 Viewer)

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Actually may cat, it is up to your teacher + head teacher + principal whether or not you receive an N determination. It's not like the Board of Studies monitors your performance at school. So your teacher gives you N awards (warnings) and after a minimum of two, they can give you an N determination (fail course). The head teacher and principal have to approve and sign the paperwork for both of them. In that sense, the principal does have discretion in regards to a student becoming ineligible for the HSC :)

samthebear

HSC
srsly. its just catholic studies. you could make up shit and still get like 51% easier than dealing with overly concerned teachers and the principal. i think you have to go into a meeting with your teachers and the principal or some shit if you keep getting N awards and considering you go to a catholic school they'll want to 'fix' you as much as possible. trust me. i go to a catholic school too.

Btw: catholic studies do not count towards HSC (cuz its not a board approved subject) so it doesnt matter if you pass or fail it. it will still have no effect on your ATAR/HSC.
its just dealing with teachers being 'concerned' about why you're failing the subject yet doing reasonably well in everything else.

Dannnyku

HSC
You'll still be eligible since you have 11 units. As may-cat said, you only need to complete 10 units. If you don't complete Catholic Studies, you'd still have completed 10 units, therefore you are eligible for an HSC.

"N awards" given by schools are usually the warnings. They say N award but what they give you is a warning for the non determination outcome. You need a minimum of 2 warnings before they can actually fail you. Even with more than 2, that doesn't mean you've failed. I have 4 for 3unit and 2 for 4u maths at the moment (retarded teacher).
@.@ what the heck. You have 4N awards for 3U? Doesn't that make you ineligible?

Dooga

HSC
nah man you wont fail your hsc
it doesnt count for your uai and you only need 10 units to be eligible for a hsc certificate
since its your 11th unit and does have a board approed hsc test it doesnt matter
wish i did catholic studies... studies of religion was a waste of time
stupid catholic school policy

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Actually may cat, it is up to your teacher + head teacher + principal whether or not you receive an N determination. It's not like the Board of Studies monitors your performance at school. So your teacher gives you N awards (warnings) and after a minimum of two, they can give you an N determination (fail course). The head teacher and principal have to approve and sign the paperwork for both of them. In that sense, the principal does have discretion in regards to a student becoming ineligible for the HSC :)

I'm not saying that they have no discretion in giving a student an N determination...

I am saying an N determination does not always equal ineligibility for an HSC due to the students specific program of study which the principal nor any other authority figure has control over.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
I agree.

@ Danny, an N award is only a 'warning' of an N determination, which is the thing that fails you. You're allowed to get as many warnings as the teacher sees fit, but you need a minimum of two before you can get an N determination.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)