N award wtf (1 Viewer)

christoffpow

HSC
Sup.

I have 11 units, because i do catholic studies.. and because i attend a catholic high school i cant drop it

question is.. if i receive an N award for catholic studies.. does that make me ineligible for a UAI?

* Catholic studies is not a board of studies course
* Without catholic studies i would have 10 units. Catholic studies constitutes for only one unit.

Anyone?

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Yeah, you'd be ineligible if you got an N award.

Seriously, just hand up a piece of paper with your name on it instead and you'll get a 0 and no N award :)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, you'd be ineligible if you got an N award.

Seriously, just hand up a piece of paper with your name on it instead and you'll get a 0 and no N award :)
Don't you need to get a few N awards before you're ineligible for a HSC?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Seeing as you don't have an actual HSC exam (iirc) can't you just do a half shitty job of it at school and not get an N award?

sickk

HSC
how hard could it be do do a last minute job, and not get an n award, ud probably get a shit mark but who cares its not counting to your UAI

i think if u get too many n awards then you fail the subject, and im not sure how it works but because of failing that 1 subject you might be ineligible for your HSC, which makes u ineligible for a UAI.. i think, just redeem the damn na ward

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Don't you need to get a few N awards before you're ineligible for a HSC?

You become ineligible for the HSC when the N awards make you fail enough subjects that you no longer meet the unit requirements. So if you get an N award and you take 10 units, you're no longer eligible, but if you take 12 or more units and receive an N award in one subject (providing that subject is not english or a course you need to take to do an extension course) you are still eligible.

Last edited:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
lol a non serious attempt will make you get another n award.
That depends - i asked my teacher if i could do that for catholic studies and they said that if i did that they wouldn't give me an N award XD

I have no idea how many N awards you need to be ineligible, but a 5min could get you a few marks ^^

missgraceful

What a joke..
HSC
Its Catholic Studies... make shit up. You'll probably get it right :|

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Last year in my school there was a kid who got 11 N awards for Biology but he still got to sit his HSC exam. In the end it's not the teachers who decide if you're ineligible...it's your principal. Just bribre your principal and then you will still be eligible for your HSC.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Last year in my school there was a kid who got 11 N awards for Biology but he still got to sit his HSC exam. In the end it's not the teachers who decide if you're ineligible...it's your principal. Just bribre your principal and then you will still be eligible for your HSC.
Thats not how it works, refer to my other post.

TheStallion

HSC
How the hell can you get an N award for Catholic Studies? I put about an hour into the two assignments for prelim (an hour each), and topped the year in it. =\

youngminii

Banned
HSC
You'll still be eligible since you have 11 units. As may-cat said, you only need to complete 10 units. If you don't complete Catholic Studies, you'd still have completed 10 units, therefore you are eligible for an HSC.

"N awards" given by schools are usually the warnings. They say N award but what they give you is a warning for the non determination outcome. You need a minimum of 2 warnings before they can actually fail you. Even with more than 2, that doesn't mean you've failed. I have 4 for 3unit and 2 for 4u maths at the moment (retarded teacher).

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Yes it is. Check this out and scroll to page 90:

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/manuals/pdf_doc/ace_manual.pdf

As you can see, it doesn't matter how many N awards you get. It's only up to the in the end that decides if you've met HSC outcomes or not.
No, you're confusing the terminology, it is the principal who decides you receive an actual 'N award' after however many N award warnings, but at the end of the day it is how this N award affects your program of study (ie your units) that decides whether or not you are eligible to receive the HSC.

EDIT: You can only ever receive one N award in a subject (because once you get it, you've failed that subject). What you are referring to are N award warnings, its at the discretion of the principal to decide after how many warnings you will receive an N award.

Last edited:

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
No, you're confusing the terminology, it is the principal who decides you receive an actual 'N award' after however many N award warnings, but at the end of the day it is how this N award affects your program of study (ie your units) that decides whether or not you are eligible to receive the HSC.

EDIT: You can only ever receive one N award in a subject (because once you get it, you've failed that subject). What you are referring to are N award warnings, its at the discretion of the principal to decide after how many warnings you will receive an N award.
According to the ACE, the N award is the warning and the N determination is the thing which fails you.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Same difference, but do you see the point? The principal has no discretion in regards to a student becoming ineligable for the HSC (i suppose they have a kind of indirect role). They may issue an N determination after however many N awards, but in the end it is the effect of this on that students specific program of study that decides whether or not the student will be eligable an HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)