NAPLAN results determining access to teaching university degrees (1 Viewer)

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
high school certificate and school certificate mean nothing

you will never get a job with onyl just these might as well just send them to the bin

I wonder if the HSC will be the same vis a vis bachelor's degree in 3 decades, lol
thought it already was

everybody to college meme will make masters degrees equivalent of hscs next imo

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
well some people still go to TAFE or do apprenticeships or other private training

I mean how long until the regulators and bureaucrats and HR focus groups enforce compulsory pieces of paper from a nominal "university" for even the simplest jobs

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
you dont need to enforce that at all b/c theyre prob more than willing to do it themselves

gotta know about ancient history to answer phones

Existential

HSC
N/A
high school certificate and school certificate mean nothing

you will never get a job with onyl just these might as well just send them to the bin
HSC gives you an ATAR
ATAR gives you access to university degrees generally the next year (as opposed to mature age)
University degrees gives you job opportunities and advantages

So basically HSC is for those who want to study the year after they finish Year 12.
You would combine the HSC with other references. I'm not saying the HSC is perfect, but it's bloody Jesus reincarnate compared to the other tests.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
yeah duh

i mean besides the ability to go to university a high school certificate is garbage and employers dont give a shit

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
But fuck, if I could somehow trade my 60s for another round of my 20s i'd love to be a high-school english teacher for a while. But i got better things to do so oh well.
what do you study, out of interest

Last edited:

CMMcq

HSC
How can you base a person's career off a test in Year 9? Teenagers in Year 9 don't care about careers yet. Not many people try in NAPLAN anyway because they think it's a joke. I remember placing the answer order ACDC repeatedly on NAPLAN tests and finishing in the first two minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)