NASA to "bomb the moon" (1 Viewer)

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
I am only putting this article here for the epic lulz of the comments generated.

The aim is to see whether any traces of water will be revealed by the disruption caused to the surface. Nasa will analyse the space cloud caused by the explosion for any sign of water or vapour.
NASA to bomb the moon | The Daily Telegraph

Do these NASA guys even know what's in there? If this to test for water, then hey guess not. What if the whole things full of plutonium? Let's blow it up. Nuke ourselves.
What OK so they finished destroying earth now move onto the moon. What happens if they blow that up?
Wish these super powers would leave the bloody moon alone, its not theirs it belongs to all. What next, move it out of orbit?
We don;t have the right to bomb the moon,who the hell do we think we are us humans are going to far
Who thinks up these ideas? Really.. what if there is a malfunction and it blows half the moon away or worse the whole thing. Then we're in trouble! I'm all for space exploration but this seems a little extreme to me

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
Those comments are so stupid. Ramming their craft into the moon after it has taken all the measurement it can is only a bomb in the kinetic sense. It'll barely dent the moon, but give us valuable information for the existence of water when we set up colonies there in the 2020-2030 period. If there's water we don't need to waste money on extremely expensive shipping from Earth.

Also, plutonium doesn't suddenly turn into a nuke when you hit it with kinetic energy. If it did, North Korea and Iran would have been nuclear a long, long time ago. Fucking ignorant plebs. If anything, the discovery of large quantities of plutonium would only spur moon exploration by the other space powers.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
I agree with this dude.

bloody hell! if they just drill a hole in the desert of Ethiopia they will surely get water and for a good purpose as well! what idiots - why just we need to find water in the moon anyway ? when we are struggling to keep the sea water levels not rising up - and trying to find a cheaper way to desalinate sea water!
I've read it at least 6 times and still don't understand what he's saying.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
i think he's saying that we already have enough water...except for in ethiopia (bloody coons), and that making water on the moon will mean our sea levels will rise becuase the earth has gravity.

fuck those comments are classics.

Woteva636

HSC
well, i guess if it'll help future research then go ahead.

i wonder if we in australia will be able to see the dust cloud?

rokkuguhyo

HSC
How exciting. I'll be waiting right here for the results, in 11 years' time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)