National Studies HISTORIOGRAPHY (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by dandaman
now ash you've kept us all curious...

wot did you say to that loser poo kid?
I made some threats... to what nature I will not expose.... (lol... I like keeping people curious)

poowee

Banned
*Message removed by braindrainedAsh due to explicit content*

Last edited by a moderator:

dandaman

mate thats not even funny. youre the biggest gronk ive ever seen in my life. in fact it is funny coz im laughing at your complete and utter idiocy. i asked ash wot she said to u, i never asked for wot u said u dumbcunt.

Lolliana

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

LOL JJ,
GUYS I KNOW EVERYONE IS STRESSED
but can we all just keept it together and help each other out
you know, be NICE instead of insulting each other?

anyway Ash, i think this thread is a great idea
here is my two cents (or other peoples two cents)
your welcome to dissagree poopy or poowiz or whateva (im sure youl have something to say anyway)

For america these are some imprtant names you may like to throw around

Herbet adams- talks about american democracy, which he believes is essentialy based on a european modle

Frederick Jackson Turner- frontier theory and all that jazz, its a dot point so you gotta know this guy

Richard Hofstadter- vry important, circular history (he thinks everything in america goes in waves)

David Kennedy- is apparently great to quote, he doesnt distinguish between the first and second new deals

Last edited:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Poowee, you've already received a private warning which you seem to have ignored. Now I'm making it public. It seems that not one of your posts in this (or perhaps any) forum have been of use to anyone, beyond the realms of banal slapstick entertainment. Because of this, as well as your constant abuse of Ash and others, you are receiving this second (or more, I don't know how many PMs have been sent) warning. If you do not start behaving I doubt you will remained unbanned for long. Now GET INTO LINE you idiot child!

Last edited:

poowee

Banned
"Now GET INTO LINE you idiot child!"

u dont call that an insult.

hahaha u hypocrite.

Benno

HSC
poowee you are a total loser, showing there are people who need to be shot, have fun failing the HSC cause you obviously have the brain power of a 2year old

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Hey everyone, let's just ignore him/her... I'm sorting it out, don't worry, if we bite back they will just keep on posting crap.

HSC
hasnt it occurred to you guys that maybe this person finds this forum to be a stress reliever? he/she could be a smart little cookie, who knows. I find it funny, even though their comebacks are a bit wonky.

arls

question.... with this whole historiography thingy, i only just realised it was important aswell....

should we show the differing opinions between people of the time, eg between McNamara and Johnson on americans involvement in Indochina?

or differing opinions of specific historians, eg compare harpur to another text book historian? or both?? im confused?

amyb

I believe historiography is an important part of Modern History, and every History for that matter. I study Ancient, Modern and Extension, and in every case reliable quotes are needed to support views stated. However, with that said, no matter how many quotes you have, no matter who said them, you will not receive a good mark unless you can make a critical analysis of the topic you have studied. You use the historiography as a way of supporting your conclusions...they are not themselves your conclusions, poowee.
Amy.

P.S. For Russia national study, a great and easily remembered quote:
Stalin noted in February 1931, We are fifty or a hundred years behind the advanced countries. We must make good this distance in ten years. Either we do so or we go under. This is obviously in relation to Collectivisation and Industrialisation.

P.P.S Poowee, i saw Cantwell in person deliver a lecture on Conflict in the Pacific. Yes, indeed he knows his stuff, but you need to know your stuff as well. You cannot merely regurgitate what Cantwell says hoping to score well...markers are not stupid, they have usually been markers or teachers for some time, and will see through your weak attempt.

Benno

HSC
he has been banned now amyb no use talking to him, but that is goosd advice

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Re: Snobby Airlines
"smart cookies" are generally more succinct in their retorts. They usually play games like "dissect a post" rather than call you names.
And, yes...TOLD YOU (to poowee)

Re: amyb
Yes, Markers are required to have been teaching their subject at HSC or preliminary level for at least a few years (can't remember the exact number). Also, Cantwell wouldn't be pleased if you only spouted his opinion. Historiography is about comparing different historical opinions and evaluating them against evidence. You need at LEAST two differing opinions before they'll take you seriously.

Last edited:

Alexander

Gold Member
Damn you people are toooo hardcore!
Honestly, if you ring the advice line, no matter who you get, they're so laidback.....you guys....damn! Next you'll be making sure the examiners have a good night's sleep and proper breakfeast, so they appreciate a tongue-in-cheek remark about Hitler's personality, or Haig's flaults at the Somme!
This forum is so stressfull---don't you have another 5 subjects as well???
tooo tooo stressfull *hyperventerlates*

Benno

HSC
ahhhh!!! sees another person hyperventerlating!!

Panics!!!!! ahhh stress!why am i on this forum!!!!!! ahhhh!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)