National Studies HISTORIOGRAPHY (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Like the links and tips threads, I thought it would be cool to create a thread where we could share some of our historiography quotes. It will also help next year's group when we hand the forum over to their muddly little claws lol. So if you want, post some of your historiography quotes here on any of the topics.

Germany- Nazis and the Church
When one considers that the Nazis seemed to give the Church an apparently unique immunity from mass persecution, then the silence of church officialdom on the larger issues seems a lost opportunity for protest. -Newton

Germany- Volkgemeinschaft
Hitlers new social order contained in Volksgemeinschaft was, in many respects, merely a propaganda gimmick. In reality, deep social divisions and sources of serious discontent remained scarcely concealed by the propaganda image and were countered by severe repression. -Jenkins

Germany- Fuhrer Myth
McCallum describes the image of Hitler created as a man of the people; resolute, ruthless and radical.

poowee

Banned
Germany- Volkgemeinschaft
Hitlers new social order contained in Volksgemeinschaft was, in many respects, merely a propaganda gimmick. In reality, deep social divisions and sources of serious discontent remained scarcely concealed by the propaganda image and were countered by severe repression. -Jenkins

this quote sounds so usefull...pity it is a wrong intrepetrations to call volks. a gimmix....yeah he knows what he is doing.

there was a large popualr concenus amoungst germany towards the nazis..very limited opoaition.

volks. was very popular as well...egg streght throuhg joy ect.

volks. is a process that actually happend

GET UR FCTS RIGHT BEFORE U WASTE OTHER SPACE ON THIS FORUM AND READ MATERIAL U SUCK AT HISTORY GO AND MAKE UP SOME QUOTE LIKE THE ONE ABOVE MABYE THEN U MIGHT FIND A FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
That's really helpful info aphrodesiacgirl! That link had a really helpful definition of historiography. poowee, the quote I posted was from the historian Jenkins, and that was his opinion on the Volkgemeinschaft... it doesn't make it right or wrong, it's just that particular historian's opinion....

poowee

Banned
Anne McCallum is a GREAT TEXT to quote. yeah sure examiners like it alot....u do that and u get band 2

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
If you don't have something constructive to say then don't say anything at all.

dandaman

Highly uncalled for there poo. As your nick suggests, your a piece of shit and should wake up to yourself.

HSC
poowee, be as it may Modern History is not about our own personal opinions...if you put that in your exam, expect a big fat chunky zero (or a non-attempt). Just follow the text book for the hsc and when its over maybe you can write your own text book ay?

now back to the historiography...anymore? :p

Last edited:

picaresque

HSC
actually, I do believe modern history can be about personal opinions, as long as you support your views with facts, historical data and quotes from historians (even better - give a brief acknowledgement of the shortcomings in your sources). following the textbook can be so boring and generic, however it is a relatively safe method for those who don't have the confidence to form contrary opinions in their exam essays.

karl

I've got voices in my head. I can't beleive all th
Originally posted by poowee
by the way, it u read stuff on peukurt and noakes and oakes and schmidt and fest and Mckibbon. u will come to understand more about germany...these r proper historians. she sucks at hsitory because she fails to understand like u that u cant just quote out a tectbook to do well. further u ignorance to this society makes u so much like david iviring... *other crap*
Of course those who can't construct sentences or spell correctly, like yourself, will do brilliantly.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I agree with picaresque, you can present your own personal views in history essays, and you can then use historians to back you up etc. If you read the syllabus, you will see that you need to use a wide variety of historiography that offers different perspectives.

HSC
with an opinion like poowee's, i highly doubt the markers will be impressed, even if its really well done with historiography. The markers have a set marking guideline. To be safe, i say stick to the text books and 'reliable' sources *cough*

poowee

Banned
Originally posted by snobby airlines
with an opinion like poowee's, i highly doubt the markers will be impressed, even if its really well done with historiography. The markers have a set marking guideline. To be safe, i say stick to the text books and 'reliable' sources *cough*
wrong for ex.

the senior marker this year for indochina is cantwell. if any qns arise bout historians then he is asked. he knows a lot on indochina...he did a phd in it. therefore if u use good historians then it is going to make u look good.

snobby airlines u would nt know this as u dont even have a life outside ur bedroom let alone ur desk.

HSC
exactly...IF you use good historians. and im not talking about indochina here mate.

lol, yer 'opeless

Last edited:

poowee

Banned
is that suppose to be a come back!!!

and u said u should stick to the text book!!!!!!!!!

karl

I've got voices in my head. I can't beleive all th
Originally posted by poowee
oh okay thats for ur help.

u have no social skills...u dont have a life.
You can't spell. You can't formulate a rational argument. "u" are the one with no fucking social skills.

All you had to say was:
"I heard you shouldn't quote textbooks as markers don't like that" and there would have been no problem.

You have no social skils. You can't make a constructive comment without attacking someone. Why don't you go and grow up? Take a good long hard look at "u're self" and develop some tact. Then you'll be able to say something without making everyone else want to beat you slowly and painfully to death with a chair.

Thanks! :)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by Alexander
lol.
Does this often happen to your threads ash?
It seems to be a growing trend doesn't it!!!

poowee, I meant what I said in that private message.

Eeko

Banned
man make the quotes up
they're not gonna look up wat they said

make it sound right

"Trotsky was to the bolshevik revolution as water is to fish"- Ward

i made that up just then
sound right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)