National Year 12 (1 Viewer)

mattsta

hahaha
HSC
I am totally against the Commonwealth Government's plans to introduce a NATIONAL Year 12 system. I am sick to death of the COMMONWEALTH GOVERNMENT sticking its nose in where its not wanted.

I mean it all seems good on the outside, but take a good look and you see the Liberal Party's plans. Take a look at what they have done to universities and then make an assessment.

Oh and take a look at their plan on taking over Industrial Relations. Another stupid idea. Taking Industrial Relations away from the States so the Federal Government can introduce a $3.00 per hour minumum wage. What a crock of SHIT.

Last edited:

line_backer

HSC
wat the feds have done 4 unis is good, e.g. raising HECS income threshold

minimum wage of $3.00 is also good in that it will create incentive for people to gains skills and training/education so that they dont end up poor earning $3/hr
this helps the country as a whole to become smarter = increasing australias productions possibility and makes us more productive, so we can be more internationally competitive, leading to lower costs for consumers

the liberals are the real champion of the workers
the labor party are full of social criminals

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
Isn't there a thread for this already... marked as important..
Yes, there is. He turned it into a rant on the evils of the Liberals in general though.

PoeticDuck

HSC
IB is a hell of a lot harder though.....are students ready for it and can schools handle such a change?

Not all students are geniuses...

Personally...i like my VCE..it works just fine..

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yes the ib is for smarter people... But if they also implement the IB middle years programme hopefully we should end up with smarter people to begin with.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Yes the ib is for smarter people... But if they also implement the IB middle years programme hopefully we should end up with smarter people to begin with.
yeah be a good thing. the IB breeds smart 'uns :D
I want to attack bits of the HSC with a hammer cos it's hopelessly irrelevant and repetitive...i.e. English....

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
lol IB english is much more subjective and theoretical than hsc english, however they only write like 1-2 page essays in their exams compared with our 24 page bs ones...

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
lol IB english is much more subjective and theoretical than hsc english, however they only write like 1-2 page essays in their exams compared with our 24 page bs ones...
see they learn how to synthesize. they learn about douglas adams in their english :)

Plus all IB candidates have to learn a language....

I wish I did the IB :(

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Doesn't everyone?
The IB is like.... amazing...

Seriously, politics aside.. the IB system is MUCH better than anything any state here has developed. It's also much better recognised overseas, i kno a couple of people who did the IB who got entrance into american uni's fairly easily..

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Doesn't everyone?
The IB is like.... amazing...

Seriously, politics aside.. the IB system is MUCH better than anything any state here has developed. It's also much better recognised overseas, i kno a couple of people who did the IB who got entrance into american uni's fairly easily..
lol I think I'm acquiring a certain respect for you NTB. *stamps on it*
it's the standard program for int schools worldwide
yeah I know a guy who did it but dropped out halfway. huge shame...

alphatango

Resident Geek
HSC
N/A
I spent a good portion of high school wishing I could do the IB instead of the HSC. :p It's a nice program, and their "1-2 page essays" are often about conveying information in a concise, coherent form...which seems much better than the random waffling I had to do for the HSC.

< insert long rant here on why I like the IB >

I assume that if the IB were to be introduced, the Yr 7-10 syllabi in the states would have to be modified accordingly...which is a good thing. :)

K

katie_tully

Why, so we can become like the other fifth of the world who's daily income is $1 or less, or the other 1 fifth that make a whopping $2 a day? 2.3 billion people make $2 or less a day, and people support lowering the minimum wage because it may make people decide to become educated?
Sure, that might work. Let's decrease the cost of living while we're at it then kids, or get more subsidy for people to go out and get educated and get the skills. Why don't we make it viable for the employers to invest money in training people. They'd be pretty happy with only paying $3 for manual labour.

Rorix

HSC
sigh.....here we go here we go here we go

Oh and take a look at their plan on taking over Industrial Relations. Another stupid idea. Taking Industrial Relations away from the States so the Federal Government can introduce a $3.00 per hour minumum wage. What a crock of SHIT.
Your point seems to be that the federal government can introduce a $3 minimum wage. I do not see what the purpose of your point is. You don't have to work for $3 if you don't want to, even if that became the minimum wage. No-one's forcing you. If the government abolished a minimum wage, people wouldn't work for 1c an hour, just because you could. Duh. :rolleyes:
[somehow i think your labour may only be worth $3/hr]

katie_tully said:
Why, so we can become like the other fifth of the world who's daily income is $1 or less, or the other 1 fifth that make a whopping $2 a day?
..relevance? Heard of social security?
katie_tully: OMG IF THE MINIMUM WAGE IS $3 A DAY AUSTRALIANS ARE ONLY GONNA EARN $3 A DAY AND STARVE TO DEATH WHILE THE EVIL KAPITALIST LEADERS SCRATCH EACH OTHERS BACKS!@!!!@!#!@#!!!!!!!!

2.3 billion people make $2 or less a day, and people support lowering the minimum wage because it may make people decide to become educated?
minimum wage of $3.00 is also good in that it will create incentive for people to gains skills and training/education so that they dont end up poor earning $3/hr
Ignore that guy. He's dumb.

Sure, that might work. Let's decrease the cost of living while we're at it then kids,
I don't think you have any grasp of the issue, like, at all. Seriously. Where did this 'decrease the cost of living' thing come from. (Ironically by lowering the minimum wage you will 'decrease the cost of living' which again serves to show your lack of basic understanding regarding the labour market)

or get more subsidy for people to go out and get educated and get the skills. Why don't we make it viable for the employers to invest money in training people.
Again, ironically, by lowering wages you make it more 'viable' for employees to invest in the enrichment of your human capital as the lower wage serves to reduce the effective cost of the training program.

They'd be pretty happy with only paying $3 for manual labour.
And stores would be pretty happy selling a stick of gum for $100. But they don't. And as far as I know, there's nothing stopping the store from charing $100 for a stick of gum.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Just for the record, the IB was promoted as being the possible benchmark, not the system that may be adopted at a national level.

Hmmm... Everyone seems to believe that you must write as much as possible/as many pages as you can within a HSC essay (even though it's more than obvious that one person's two page essay could contain as many words as another person's 6 page essay), yet is that what is really required of you? I was under the impression that they were after a coherent response that addressed the question and the points contained within the rubric... I left the HSC behind long ago, so I cannot remember much more than that, apart from whinging to a history teacher about the size of my script accounting for the 'short' essays that I would produce, so perhaps you are all correct, even though I find it hard to believe that any marker would prefer quantity over quality (not that I ever produced anything of value).

What a pointless post.

Last edited:

Rorix

HSC
I think you'd find that it would be difficult to fit a comprehensive response within say, 3 booklet pages unless you had the most miniscule writing.

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
line_backer said:
wat the feds have done 4 unis is good, e.g. raising HECS income threshold

this helps the country as a whole to become smarter = increasing australias productions possibility and makes us more productive, so we can be more internationally competitive, leading to lower costs for consumers

the liberals are the real champion of the workers
the labor party are full of social criminals

Not all of it's good. Raising HECS in the first place was not a good thing. Raising the threshold for repayment does not make up for it

Rorix

HSC
Enlightened_One said:
Not all of it's good. Raising HECS in the first place was not a good thing. Raising the threshold for repayment does not make up for it

WHY MAN WHY

K

katie_tully

Generator said:
Just for the record, the IB was promoted as being the possible benchmark, not the system that may be adopted at a national level.

Hmmm... Everyone seems to believe that you must write as much as possible/as many pages as you can within a HSC essay (even though it's more than obvious that one person's two page essay could contain as many words as another person's 6 page essay), yet is that what is really required of you? I was under the impression that they were after a coherent response that addressed the question and the points contained within the rubric... I left the HSC behind long ago, so I cannot remember much more than that, apart from whinging to a history teacher about the size of my script accounting for the 'short' essays that I would produce, so perhaps you are all correct, even though I find it hard to believe that any marker would prefer quantity over quality (not that I ever produced anything of value).

What a pointless post.
Well, we've had it drilled into us that in Advanced and Extension English, you can't possibly get your point across in less than 4-8 pages. Our teachers wont even mark something that's less than 4 pages, where as in sciences like Biology you can write everything in point form and it's fine.
Too much emphasis is placed on size, rather than content.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)