NB Mazda MX-5 (1 Viewer)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Yo, my dad has decided he wants to buy a cheapish convertible. I told him all those hatchback ones are shit, and that an MX-5 was the best thing in his price range (~25K). Anyway, I was thinking for that money you can get a reasonably low kays 03 or 04, just wondering if there is anything I need to look out for? Manual of course, so is the clutch likely to be slipping if it's been thrashed etc?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
The diff will blow if used for max doughies in the gravel.

They're an interference engine so you want proof of when timing belts have been replaced.

Hoods will need replacing as they shrink over time due to sun exposure if nothing else, are hideously expensive and a cunt to change over. Run it over with a hose.

I'm looking at NA's right now, but the price is primo because it's summer, you save a packed if you can wait till winter.

You know your dad could get an early S2000?

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Yeah but I figured S2Ks of similar price will be ones you don't want to buy? Idk, I'll tell him to wait and guess again and reevaluate in march or something.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I can't find a decent mx5 for less than about $8k now, they were common as for low as $5.5k last winter. The price range you're looking at would be expected to shift similarly if you wait six months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)