Nba Thread (1 Viewer)

Hotsauce

Denied
HSC
Airness said:
Man...to giv out MVPs based on whether u make the playoffs or not is just gay...freakin ppl like AI and T-mac who had to carry entire franchises on their backs dun get no recognition -_-
Then that raises the question... what exactly is an MVP? Is he the most valuable player to his team? Or most valuable player in the league?

cantoboi

the mvp is

the best (not most dominant) player in the LEAGUE who can LEAD his team to a winning record and a playoff berth.
this is so bcoz a player wit great stats but is unable to lead his team to the playoffs actually means he is hurting his team so isnt worthy of mvp status.
mvps doesnt have to be awarded to teams with the 1st or 2nd best records, in that case u could make an argument for MJ every year from 1990-1998 or joneal last year when pacers racked up 62-20 but its a prequisite that the players team must show major improvements in its win column compromised with improving stats for himself

theres one more thing to be the mvp as well and thats the player must play a minimum of 75 games. although this is not stated its something ive noticed over the years bcoz a player playing less than that means the teams record doesnt reflect the players improving performance. thats the main reason shaq doesnt win it every year.

this years mvp has gotta be between shaq and lebron. i cant see nash in the race bcoz his injury prone and the guy just simply doesnt play defense so u just cant count him in.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Hard to pick between Shaq and Wade in Miami though, both have really contributed equally. If the Cavs can get to #2 somehow in the East, then I think Lebron would get it.

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
Head down to the Entertainment Centre on the 11th to watch some top quality LIVE basketball

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
felix_js said:
Head down to the Entertainment Centre on the 11th to watch some top quality LIVE basketball
after watching NBA games, I don't classify the NBL as top quality basketball.

nuffsaid

BOS Founder
HSC
heh, i find the NBL more exciting than the NBA
it's more fun to watch

xsb

nuffsaid said:
heh, i find the NBL more exciting than the NBA
it's more fun to watch
others might think ur jokin but i agree with u.
The teamwork in NBL is more prevalent and i reckon that makes basketball good to watch.
NBA is all bout one or two superstars in carrying the team.
There are a few teams that spread the ball well in the NBA like the Spurs and the Suns...

S

Shuter

Minai said:
after watching NBA games, I don't classify the NBL as top quality basketball.
Correct, you must not watch too much NBA if you find NBL thrilling. I see more interesting matches down at my local courts.

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
felix_js said:
bump bump

TOMORROW! :uhhuh: btw it's the game 1 of the grand final

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
The MVP is the player who is most valuable to their team. basically it comes down to how there going atm, and how they would go without that star player. Nash is easily the favourite for MVP. Just look at their points per game with and without Nash. That said, you can also make the case for many players by stating the argument, "but if they didnt have (Garnett eg.) they would suck" so I guess it gets a little complicated. The final record for the team is obviously important because it shows how important that player was. A team with a star player that doesnt make the playoffs doesnt say much for the ability of that star to carry the team, thats why, as someone mentioned before the MVP's generally have a #2 or #1 team record.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
If Miami keep this up, it could be Shaq
Duncan at SA
Nash at Phoenix (forget Amare)

those are the only potential candidates that I can see right now.

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Rockets are rolling =D maybi T-mac? hehehehheheheheheheh

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Bob Sura for mvp, this guy is nuts lol.

Anyway, Jason Kidd is posting ridiculous figures again. If he isnt scoring triple doubles, he's off by 1 rebound or 1 assist. If Richard Jefferson wasnt injured, they would have one of the most lethal back courts with playoff potential. Only if they kept Martin, imagine a jkidd,carter,jefferson,martin,kristic starting 5 fwoaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
At the moment the basketball to watch is College. It's March Madness and everyone is possibly playing their last game of the season so everyone plays hard. They play a good team game with some individual brilliance, they play FULL COURT MAN which is kind of unheard of now in the NBA except in the last minute (our coach makes us play full court man the entire game, so much fun haha). They also play a fast game, looking for the break every chance they get. NBA games are only worthwhile if certain teams are playing.

eViLnUt

Cardplayer
HSC
copious said:
Bob Sura for mvp, this guy is nuts lol.

Anyway, Jason Kidd is posting ridiculous figures again. If he isnt scoring triple doubles, he's off by 1 rebound or 1 assist. If Richard Jefferson wasnt injured, they would have one of the most lethal back courts with playoff potential. Only if they kept Martin, imagine a jkidd,carter,jefferson,martin,kristic starting 5 fwoaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Carter wouldnt exist in Nets if Martin was still there...not enuff cap space

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Lebron posts 56 points on 18 from 36 shooting, 10 rebounds and 5 assists, yet they still lose. The cavaliers bench is hopeless. They need Michael Redd badly :|

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
Tommy_Lamp said:
At the moment the basketball to watch is College. It's March Madness and everyone is possibly playing their last game of the season so everyone plays hard. They play a good team game with some individual brilliance, they play FULL COURT MAN which is kind of unheard of now in the NBA except in the last minute (our coach makes us play full court man the entire game, so much fun haha). They also play a fast game, looking for the break every chance they get. NBA games are only worthwhile if certain teams are playing.
Not many Aussies are left. GT and Old Dominion are both out. Schenscher probably hasn't done enough to impress NBA scouts to get a real decent run in the big time, he will be back here in an NBL jersey in a few years :)

eViLnUt said:
Carter wouldnt exist in Nets if Martin was still there...not enuff cap space
Do you have any proof? Do you even know what you're talking about?

eViLnUt

Cardplayer
HSC
felix_js said:
Not many Aussies are left. GT and Old Dominion are both out. Schenscher probably hasn't done enough to impress NBA scouts to get a real decent run in the big time, he will be back here in an NBL jersey in a few years :)

yeh i kno wat i'm talkin bout...i follow da NBA every day...i can rattle out most of the starters and half the bench for each team...

http://www.nba.com/nets/news/kenyon_040715.html

dirty dave

Banned
HSC
N/A
felix_js said:
as if nets can fit Kidd, Carter, K-Mart, and richardson into the cap

copious said:
Lebron posts 56 points on 18 from 36 shooting, 10 rebounds and 5 assists, yet they still lose. The cavaliers bench is hopeless. They need Michael Redd badly :|
Yea, Donyell Marshall said something along the lines of how they used to let Jordan get his points as long as the rest of the team was stopped to beat the Bulls

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
dirty dave said:
as if nets can fit Kidd, Carter, K-Mart, and richardson into the cap

Yea, Donyell Marshall said something along the lines of how they used to let Jordan get his points as long as the rest of the team was stopped to beat the Bulls
Which Richardson are you talking about? The one in the Suns or the one in the Warriors?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)