Ncap (1 Viewer)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
6 out of the first 7 topics on this forum concern religion, some of which were started by (and often largely populated by) trolls.

I think NCAP standards have been falling, and I'm sick to death of talking about religion.

I know that to make that better people need to create better threads and that I should be putting my money where my mouth is (i will in a min), but I always think I'm gunna get typically boring and sparse responses to anything non-religious.

Religious discussions are great, and I occasionally partake, but not every single fucking thread.

Get postin' guys.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Faith is the only thing worth talking about. Politics is boring

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
6 out of the first 7 topics on this forum concern religion, some of which were started by (and often largely populated by) trolls.

I think NCAP standards have been falling, and I'm sick to death of talking about religion.

I know that to make that better people need to create better threads and that I should be putting my money where my mouth is (i will in a min), but I always think I'm gunna get typically boring and sparse responses to anything non-religious.

Religious discussions are great, and I occasionally partake, but not every single fucking thread.

Get postin' guys.
Get over yourself.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
which moron decided not to make loquasagacious moderator again? ffs, he had the WILL and the DESIRE to better ncap but was stupidly refused.

kwayera ought to be more active as a mod too.

and i promise to do my part - more israel related threads

---

you know, if you think about it, ncap got whit when i started my anti-israel agenda. in a way, i killed ncap.

lol

:shy:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Lol na nebz, ncap died when ppl started to realise that i'm only half trolling. The betrayal was so deep

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
vote me for re-mod, I don't have much time now (probably a good thing) but I'll re-post reddit articles to BoS.

K

khorne

Perhaps another sub section is in order? One which is more aimed at timeless discussions

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
NCAP is what we make it, and in a sense we get the forum we deserve. In short if you want to discuss a topic and it hasn't been posted then you need to post it.

Iron posted a thread "Get rid off L&ob" earlier this year in which a series of proposed reforms were discussed. Unfortunately there was minimal input from the mod-team and more unfortunately still it appears Iron has since deleted the thread. In my opinion some of the best ideas to emerge from the thread were:
  1. Getting rid off L&ob because it creates an artificial distinction (Iron)
  2. Locking the mega-threads and more active moderation to promote new discussion (me)
  3. Organising debates (jezzmo)
Since the thread we have seen evidence to support these:
  1. L&ob continues to create artificial distinctions. In the first page of L&ob there are threads on: the prospect of mandatory quotas for corporate boardrooms, the right of rehabilitated pedophiles to live in the community, proposed changes to Australia's voting age and a thread discussing the castration of pedophiles.
  2. Obviously the mega-threads haven't been locked. However a period of prolific thread creation by myself certainly seemed to promote discussion which supports my argument.
  3. Unfortunately there has been no opportunity to trial this however it is safe to say that people here like debating/arguing.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
[youtube]UGaTfGHELV4[/youtube]
BoS is beck! He mended it!

Rich symbolism

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Oh my god we're twins!!
Same!

But yeah, hear this Kwayera??
I dont think Mods can make Subforums, i believe its more the Admins that do it...I know my old forums did it that way.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
loquasagacious said:
# L&ob continues to create artificial distinctions. In the first page of L&ob there are threads on: the prospect of mandatory quotas for corporate boardrooms, the right of rehabilitated pedophiles to live in the community, proposed changes to Australia's voting age and a thread discussing the castration of pedophiles.
I don't see the problem with this beyond the hassle of clicking the mouse once more. The level of discussion in L&OB is in line with the core NCAP forum.

loquasagacious said:
# Obviously the mega-threads haven't been locked. However a period of prolific thread creation by myself certainly seemed to promote discussion which supports my argument.
It doesn't support it at all you ignoramous. All it does is says that new threads promote discussion, with no evidence either for or against the mega threads. This hack like reaosning is why you were never made mod: NCAP would be dead because your half-baked ideas would have no barrier to cross olololol.

loquasagacious said:
# Organising debates (jezzmo)
If people wanted to debate then they would. An artificial organisation isn't going to do squat since;

a) if people wanted to debate, they would
b) if people don't want to, some lame ass club is not going to make them.

Case in point: The Anti-Israel League didn't spur any members into wanting to discuss Israel at the time of the Gaza invasion, rather, the Gaza invasion spurred on discussion itself (then they joined the AIL and we pwnt teh n00bs)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
lol wtf is wrong with you nebs. Ur awesome

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)