Ncap (1 Viewer)

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
# Obviously the mega-threads haven't been locked. However a period of prolific thread creation by myself certainly seemed to promote discussion which supports my argument.
I can see why you would want to get rid of the mega threads, they are somewhat daunting to new participants and make the sub-forum as a whole seem less active. However, the reason such threads were originally created and promoted was to stop what was a spam of thousands of little threads, all debating the same topics - often with points brought up that were being discussed in different threads.

Closing off "Does God exist?" or for instance "Israel and palestine" leads to... hundreds of new threads on those topics, usually just a news article.

TBH I think one rule should be a) Don't just post a news article without giving your opinions on the issue and b) When giving your opinion, try your best to site an article of some relevance - for instance if you want to make an argument about the existence of God and a part of what you're relying on is some physics theory you read about, post that article.

I think this stops people from just making rant posts as well as stops people from just making boring news posts.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
There are much better forums. Stop trying to make NCAP the holy grail of internet debating

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
wanna make out comrade iron?
lol I just dont know anyone so intelligent but so utterly detached from people and the world. You seem perfectly content within your own universe and this makes you alright in my books m8. Invulnerable!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
ima rat ima rat ima very clever rat
cheese and whiskers!
ima very clever rat

HSC
I agree that there should be a Religion and Philosophy forum. And L&OB is irritating...I actually agree with Iron for once.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
I am pretty sure my thread re: NCAP still exists and it was awesome right up until it was invaded by trolls, OH GOD WHAT A SURPRISE.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I am pretty sure my thread re: NCAP still exists and it was awesome right up until it was invaded by trolls, OH GOD WHAT A SURPRISE.
Oh shoosh katie tully. You, along with a few others, are almost soley responsible for the style and quantity of trolling on BOS. YOU'RE AT FAULT.

tully killed encap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)